What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Russians try to penetrate into Kiev with heavy armor assault, I guarantee you the loss ratio will be higher, at least 50%. You notice there are no videos of Javelins being used...?

I think so too.

There are too many ATGMs around for Russian to use so much armor without clearing infantry. If Russia uses lots of infantry, the losses in lives are huge.

Urban warfare is impossible for the invader and invader that depends on armor. If we put USA in Russia's position, the outcome would be severe losses as well. To perform such a takeover of a well defended city full of ATGMs and snipers in their tens of thousands of troops if not more, the only real way to do it is paradigm shift weapons or strategy. Some suggest drones, robotic infantry with more advanced sensors to counter snipers and ATGMs but in this sort of warfare, no one has proven a way.

I think so too.

There are too many ATGMs around for Russian to use so much armor without clearing infantry. If Russia uses lots of infantry, the losses in lives are huge.

Urban warfare is impossible for the invader and invader that depends on armor. If we put USA in Russia's position, the outcome would be severe losses as well. To perform such a takeover of a well defended city full of ATGMs and snipers in their tens of thousands of troops if not more, the only real way to do it is paradigm shift weapons or strategy. Some suggest drones, robotic infantry with more advanced sensors to counter snipers and ATGMs but in this sort of warfare, no one has proven a way.
Urban warfare is one of the worst besides jungle warfare. Can't see anywhere few feet from you, enemy can be just behind the wall next to you. And you can get hit from all directions, top and bottom. I wouldn't be surprise Ukrainians will start using IEDs and so on if they ran out of ATGMs, but with more supplies and more than 14k ATGMs delivered and many more coming in...they don't really have to.

It's more like a branch office operating with a different name, it's still Chinese.

TikTok, known in China as Douyin (Chinese: 抖音; pinyin: Dǒuyīn), is a video-focused social networking service owned by Chinese company ByteDance Ltd

Please stop exposing the highly "intelligent", "I-have-served-in-every-corner-of-the-universe" faker.

Honestly, most of the people reply this person's post just to have a giggle. No one takes him seriously, :- D

• Haha
Reactions: TNT
Really is not about winning . I don't think there is an argument that Russia is much stronger than Ukraine and they can always pour more planes and troops into the conflict and take Ukraine . The Question is at what cost ?

If they devastate Ukraine how will they rule their afterword's ?

I think most expected Ukraine to fold after a few days. But they did not and are fighting a lot harder than people expected.

~
Putin already knows they are not going to fold easily, what I assume he will do is do siege warfare and kill as many as those people as possible. Which kind of worked in Chechnya and Syria, even if they ran away into the forest he will just mobilized more troops, trap them inside the forest and root them out.

As long as Nato doesn't interfere he will win.

Urban warfare is one of the worst besides jungle warfare. Can't see anywhere few feet from you, enemy can be just behind the wall next to you. And you can get hit from all directions, top and bottom. I wouldn't be surprise Ukrainians will start using IEDs and so on if they ran out of ATGMs, but with more supplies and more than 14k ATGMs delivered and many more coming in...they don't really have to.
Can be won like in WW2, by leveling all city blocks as you advance.

lmao this can't be real. What channel is this?

Edit: It's fake. The original is from a protest in Austria Feb 4, 2022

Not defending propaganda by MSM, but this was taken from a demonstration carried some time back against climate change in Germany.

Can be won like in WW2, by leveling all city blocks as you advance.
Yeah but wouldn't paint a good picture for the Ukrainians. But since the cat is out of the bag, Putin will have to do it if he thinks he can get them to surrender which I doubt.

Yeah but wouldn't paint a good picture for the Ukrainians. But since the cat is out of the bag, Putin will have to do it if he thinks he can get them to surrender which I doubt.
Besieged city. Just cutting the power and water will make the city fall within a week.
But russians haven't really targeted transmission lines and water supply for now, let's see if it gets to that.
For now Russian offense seems to be limited to military infra only.

One of them says “I’ve made it on CNN”…

Combat chasers confirmed - the real deal don’t need to advertise their presence nor wear MTP fatigues to show why they are going.

It’s all shits and giggles till arty shells start landing on their heads. And I’m disappointed that that not one of them have a shovel attached to their day sack.

A shovel is your friend!

Not defending propaganda by MSM, but this was taken from a demonstration carried some time back against climate change in Germany.
Exactly . Context is important!

Besieged city. Just cutting the power and water will make the city fall within a week.
But russians haven't really targeted transmission lines and water supply for now, let's see if it gets to that.
For now Russian offense seems to be limited to military infra only.
Well the problem with besieging a city is you have to have your forces all spread out around the city, it's not like a medieval castle or something like the Alamo where it only takes a few thousand troops and surround it on all sides. Cutting power and water is one way to do it. But as you have seen, the Russian forces are having a hard time just going around because there are Ukrainian units waiting for them there. And they can resupply and repair. I mean just look at Starlink satellites, try to cut off the internet, Ukrainians have satellite access internet. Who knows what else they can do...

Well the problem with besieging a city is you have to have your forces all spread out around the city, it's not like a medieval castle or something like the Alamo where it only takes a few thousand troops and surround it on all sides. Cutting power and water is one way to do it. But as you have seen, the Russian forces are having a hard time just going around because there are Ukrainian units waiting for them there. And they can resupply and repair. I mean just look at Starlink satellites, try to cut off the internet, Ukrainians have satellite access internet. Who knows what else they can do...
I agree, entrapment isn't yet fully complete and lot of western hardware coming in. It is another matter to see how much of it will actually make it to kyiv.
It will likely take a week to 10 days more.

Last edited:
The kharkiv forest is becoming the graveyard of the occupier :)

FNNL0KAXsAUWKdY.jpg

FNNL0iCXIAIVdQM.jpg

FNLdkn1XsAkJna-.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom