What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it dictates we have economic and military relationships with everyone who is willing, whom we can benefit from.

No more, no less. Which is why I cringe when Pakistanis talk about brotherhood and friendship, because no such thing exists in geopolitics.

One of the more reasonable things you've said today.

Exactly.

That Guy has been pointing out flaws in everybody's logic without considering his own biases.

Russia will suffer losses, sure, but it obviously gamed this scenario and likely had excellent intel on Ukrainian defenses. Secondly, we can argue all we want about how big/bad the losses will be - time will tell if Russia loses significant military capacity after this (as That Guy is forcing everybody to believe) or if it'll be minor losses that it can recoup due to closer economic ties with China, etc.

Not everything is about immediate losses and gains. These are long games. The US and NATO only have themselves to blame for the pain being inflicted on the Ukrainians.
Everyone here is saying, NATO BAD, RUSSIA GOOD, while I literally do not care who wins or loses.

Yet, I'm the one who's biased.

@ZeEa5KPul always quote the particular part of any post and discuss the same to avoid confusion.
I did so here:

@The Eagle

Can you make this thread to war news only?

No comments, analysis, drama, chit chat, ....

Why Turkey? Why not Greece?
Cos I did not find Greek members here. He was , as many here, rightly concerned about the Ukraine situation. This is pure arrogance from the part of Russia, whatever their problems with Ukraine.
But as a member of NATO, turkey (and other members) can do something about it. If a greek or US guy had posted an post expressing concern I would have asked the same question.

Russian fiscal situation is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. What the west needs to do and is doing is targeting the cash funnel outside of Russia.

Not sure what the West has planned, but it just may come to that.

To acquire nuclear weapons? Yes, I do agree with you.
But on the other hand, this war demonstrates how firing large number of precise ballistic and cruise missiles can be an effective tactic for crippling the adversary in the early stages of war.

If that adversary doesn't have nukes to deter such an event...

Agreed. That reminds me of those videos shared few days earlier where volunteers were preparing for war. CNN or BBC were showing like some strong groups being trained.

Yes I remember those saw plenty on CNN and it was full of people in expensive tacticCool gear looking amazing.

Not sure what the West has planned, but it just may come to that.
Best way to hit back at Russia is through the Kremlin's assets in the west that carry the cash. One big giant money laundering mill if you think about it.

@The Eagle

Can you make this thread to war news only?

No comments, analysis, drama, chit chat, ....

Actually, the news only is the part of discussion. This is a Forum my dear. People will discuss a news and share their findings or analysis about the situation. However, we can all play our part to keep it civilized & on point with most credible sources to discuss.

Members: We are not here to discuss members of the Forum. Keep your discussion on points being made & pay attention to the statement, analysis or opinion only. In the end, you can disagree with respect and move on.

Regards,

Al Jazeera: Russian helicopters seen on a rooftop of a Hospital on the outskirt of Kiev.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom