What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did so here:

Losses and getting smahed are two different things. I never ever said Russia would suffer heavy losses, and you know it.

You are literally playing the semantics game to prove your point.

[Edit] whatever, do what you want.

People might not like the cheerleading I do, but it's just the chickens coming home to roost. If it was alright for Americans to cheer the Iraq invasion of 2003, then surely it's alright for me to cheer the Ukraine invasion of 2022.

Yes I remember those saw plenty on CNN and it was full of people in expensive tacticCool gear looking amazing.

Can you share the link of videos about such training, where I remember that it was a Nazi type flag in background? Can anyone else please? I am searching as well.

Kind of defeats the objective of a "FORUM".

Actually, the news only is the part of discussion. This is a Forum my dear. People will discuss a news and share their findings or analysis about the situation. However, we can all play our part to keep it civilized & on point with most credible sources to discuss.

Members: We are not here to discuss members of the Forum. Keep your discussion on points being made & pay attention to the statement, analysis or opinion only. In the end, you can disagree with respect and move on.

Regards,
Ikr it's a forum, but the situation is foggy, war news now more important, to understand where things are going, than chit chat.

Anyway

Russian forces enter Kharkiv without a fight
Screenshot_2022.02.24_15.54.20.845.png

People might not like the cheerleading I do, but it's just the chickens coming home to roost. If it was alright for Americans to cheer the Iraq invasion of 2003, then surely it's alright for me to cheer the Ukraine invasion of 2022.

I feel sorry for Ukraine actually. Saddam was fooled with fake promises but he believed and invaded Kuwait. At-least he had some gains in start and was the attacking party. Ukraine is just got in the middle and paying for someone else's games. I fear that particular place may not be turned into some forever buffer-zone.

Losses and getting smahed are two different things. I never ever said Russia would suffer heavy losses, and you know it.

You are literally playing the semantics game to prove your point.
You used an ambiguous phrase and I interpreted it validly. "Good luck with X" is a sarcastic quip that means X is extremely difficult if not impossible. What's beyond doubt is that you meant Russia would have a very difficult time replacing its combat losses, as well as it being entrapped by China.

Once again, if you meant something different, I invite you to state it clearly.

Can you share the link of videos about such training, where I remember that it was a Nazi type flag in background? Can anyone else please? I am searching as well.

This is the video you are referring to:

1200px-Flag_of_the_Patriots_of_Ukraine.svg.png

Patriot of Ukraine = Neo Nazi movement flag can be seen in the video @ 0:10 seconds.

You used an ambiguous phrase and I interpreted it validly. "Good luck with X" is a sarcastic quip that means X is extremely difficult if not impossible. What's beyond doubt is that you meant Russia would have a very difficult time replacing its combat losses, as well as it being entrapped by China.

Once again, if you meant something different, I invite you to state it clearly.
The China one is pretty much what I said, what I said was that Russia has suffered a bunch of hardware losses.

That is a fact, and one you cannot deny.

Cos I did not find Greek members here. He was , as many here, rightly concerned about the Ukraine situation. This is pure arrogance from the part of Russia, whatever their problems with Ukraine.
But as a member of NATO, turkey (and other members) can do something about it. If a greek or US guy had posted an post expressing concern I would have asked the same question.
Turkey just issued a statement

I don't think Turkey can unilaterally ask NATO to take action.

Ikr it's a forum, but the situation is foggy, war news now more important, to understand where things are going, than chit chat.

Dictionary definition of a Forum:
a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
"we hope these pages act as a forum for debate"

Anyway:

Russia has surrounded Ukraine from three sides​

From CNN's Henrik Pettersson

As locations across Ukraine come under Russian military assault, here's a look at the locations of Russian troops:

Messages on Social Media requesting people to donate to blood banks, all non-essential travel suspended, requests made by the government for people to "stay at home". - Source: Al Jazeera

Ukrainian MP Alexey Goncharenko on Fox News: Ukraine is the only nation in the human history which gave up the nuclear arsenal, the third biggest in the world in 1994, with guarantees of the US, UK and Russian Federation. Where are these guarantees? Now we are bombed and killed

Note to Pakistan
Never give up nukes due to anyones guarantees ever , when the time comes you are on your own to defend

A high economic price, no one ever said NATO would militarily confront Russia in order to save Ukraine, which is why Ukraine was so desperate to gain membership, because it knew an invasion was coming.

Also, of the three nations mentioned, one is the Russian Federation, so your example doesn't really make sense here.

If there is no Ukraine anymore, that just makes Russia's neighbours all the more likely to join NATO, Finland and other European nations are already now in talks about joining, and they point out Russian actions in Ukraine as the cause.

Also, I disagree that these are "merely" sanctions. Russia's economy is on the verge of collapse right now. The EU has just banned market access to Russia, and stopped all trade with Russia. Russia can use it's oil leverage, but that will just make sure the EU will expedite it's move away from Russian oil and gas.

Before you mention Russian gas, think about it this way, why doesn't Pakistan trade with India, despite it being cheap and economically beneficial? Because it's a matter of sovereignty and Pakistan fully expects India to use it's trade leverage against Pakistani interests. The Europeans won't compromise their sovereignty just to pay cheap gas prices.

Russians made a massive blunder by thinking their gas leverage would save them from an economic depression. The Russians have pretty much guaranteed that the Europeans never trust them, and they will guaranteed to lead Europe away from Russia.

Sir, try to convey your message in a brief and concise way. In the digital age, such long paragraphs do not worth the time.

On topic:
You do not feel that USA/NATO will not convey the pleasure/displeasure indirect tone, such things are conveyed in a veiled/vagued manner which is called diplomacy, so later if it goes wrong one could protect him under the shield of 'misunderstanding/out of context'.
The same USA did to Saddam before the first Gulf War - this is the way how things work in international diplomacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom