What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
BS

Over 1,000 detained across Russia at anti-war protests: Monitor

OVD-Info says protests have been held in 35 cities including the Pacific port city of Vladivostok and the Siberian city of Irkutsk.

AP22061691373558.jpg

More than 1,100 people have been detained in 35 cities across Russia at protests against President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, according to an independent Russian-based protest monitor.

The OVD-Info protest monitoring group said on Sunday the arrests were in cities including the Pacific port city of Vladivostok and the Siberian city of Irkutsk. Opposition activists posted videos showing protests in other cities.

It was not possible to independently verify the information, but various social media posts purportedly showed protests in different parts of Russia on Sunday.

There was no immediate comment by Russian authorities but on Saturday, the interior ministry had warned that any attempt to hold unauthorised protests would be prevented and the organisers would be held to account.

The 1,103 arrests by approximately 2:20pm Moscow time (11:20 GMT) on Sunday brought the total number of people held in anti-war protests since the invasion began on February 24 to 9,472, OVD-Info said.

Navalny call​

A video posted on social media showed a protester in a square in the far eastern city of Khabarovsk shouting: “No to war – how are you not ashamed” before two policemen arrested him.

Police used loudspeakers to tell a small group of protesters in Khabarovsk: “Respected citizens, you are taking part in an unsanctioned public event. We demand you disperse.”

how many arrested in France over protest against Sarkuzy ? what about usa

Sensor infusion? Is this even a valid term?

F/A-18 Super Hornet does have very advanced level of sensor fusion.

That guy is playing with my word. I said this

J-16D is far from EA-18G.

It's not just about Jamming, this is about sensor infusion. I don't think China has any technology associated with this.
I used the word "infusion" mean sensor being added into jamming capability into EA-18G, and he go gaga and say I invented some technical term. When I was just literally using the meaning of the word "Infusion"

You can literally see how I use the word, he just taken it out of context and literally ran with it.

The day someone has the guts to cut off imports - ALL imports - our defence will take a quantum leap upwards.
I'm not in the armed services. But even I can imagine that this type of cold turkey swadeshi attitude is suicidal. The military adversaries for India are now equipped to beat state of the art tech. Indian industries are not capable of rising to the challenge any time soon.

PS: This may be a conversation for a different thread. So let's park this for a different time :cheers:

wasn't it the bridge Ukrainian themselves bombed and destroyed to stop advancing of Russians army ?
The shelling reported are after the destruction of the bridge

The amount of disinformation and misuse of social media platforms is baffling. The lack of objective news sources that educate the masses about this conflict is staggering.

Except. They will cripple Ukraine even if it pull out. The war is being fought in Ukrainian land. Even a thousand tank destroyed and ten thousand trucks destroyed pale in comparison to the destruction of cities and infrastructure being endured by Ukraine.

If Russia pull out, thats fine, EU will help them rebuild and arm them again. Germany is spending 100 billion on weapons this year. If there is no Russia threatening them, they can Gove that to Ukraine for a few years, in the form of investment etc.

All new cities and factories owned by germans. Its fine.

If Russia pull out, thats fine, EU will help them rebuild and arm them again. Germany is spending 100 billion on weapons this year. If there is no Russia threatening them, they can Gove that to Ukraine for a few years, in the form of investment etc.

All new cities and factories owned by germans. Its fine.
🤦‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom