What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting side effect of European sanctions on Russia (as per Phil Seymour - President of the association of European Leasing Companies.

All over the word airlines don't own their own planes, they lease them. The European Union has imposed sanctions on Russia and obliged European leasing companies to take back all leased aircraft from Russia by March 28th. That's a total of 520 aircraft. Phil Seymour, President of the Association of European Leasing Companies:

1. Return of 520 aircraft! How is this to be done? The Russians said if you refuse to lease them to us, get them back yourself! How can we get 520 crews to Russia when the airspace in Russia, Belarus and Ukraine is closed? We can't fly in!

2. Once the handover has taken place in Russian airports, the planes will no longer be Russian. But a non-Russian plane is not allowed to fly in Russian airspace – the Russian airspace is blocked! We won't be able to fly out!

3. However, the leasing companies are the initiators of the termination of these leases. In the original calculation of the cost of fines in such a case, we will all be bankrupted at once. It's easier and cheaper to go bankrupt than to take back the planes.

4. February is over and Russia has to pay the lease payments for the month. Russia is willing to pay but cannot pay because it is excluded from SWIFT. We ourselves have to pay fines because of the terminations, but in view of the lack of incoming payments from Russia we have no money for such payments!

5. Even if we take back these planes, what are we going to do with them? We don't need them, nobody wants them and it's impossible to sell them!

6. The Boeings of American leasing companies are not affected. If Europe takes the planes away from the Russians, the US will supply Russia with its Boeing planes and become the world's No. 1 airline, bankrupting both the European leasing company and Airbus."

copied

Last time the US army tangled with the Somalian people they had their a55es whooped so bad they made movies to get over the but hurt

Screenshot_20220304-195053_Chrome.jpg

LOL

...No reasoning.
No, it's perfect reasoning.

You're literally comparing a major military power with a middling power.

It's a bad comparison.

There is a group whose entire message history consists of posting to this topic, it is divided into two within itself,
- Those who became members after the war started,
- Those who are a member before, but send their first and all messages to this thread;

There are 6 or 7 members matching this profile, maybe more.

I have the idea that a few accounts in this thread are paid trolls.

I'd like to know how much they are getting paid for it? Because I also want to earn some $$.

• Haha
Reactions: TNT
Let us take Soviet empire. The attrocities they have supported on this continent will pale to what happened in other continents

The Egyptians, the Libyans, the Algerians, the Congolese and the Mozambicans will not agree with you.

And please don't be patronizing and tell someone unnecessarily "Rafiki, calm down".

Last edited:
All this sanctions is temporary Russia has already scored a moral victory besides the invasion itself and they laid a claim on Europe via Ukraine. I predict right now and mark my words Finland is next and this will be an easy invasion and as a matter fact much much easier incursion as the population is only 5m.

Bearing the sanctions persist because previously the idea would have been him waiting couple of years atleast another 10 years before invading Finland but if the sanctions are in place and heavy he will just go ahead and get it out of the way immediately post Ukraine without any pause and max any pause will be few months just regrouping his forces to enter Finland and then he will use Sweden as bargaining chip...

Threatening to go in and then re-enter negotiations in order for them to remove sanctions.. Voila his gained Ukraine and Finland back to back and all sanctions lifted for sparring Sweden

I kindly disagree with the Finland invasion.
There is nothing special for Russia to gain compared to what it would have to spend of recources.

Finland neither gives then access to Atlantic warm water ports or a significantly better position in the Baltic Sea, where they already have Kaliningrad and Access via sealane to the south of Finland. They would still be closed off from the Atlantic by Denmark-Sweden straits.

If Russia were to attack it would be mich easier game with Lithuania, with attack from both Belarus and Kaliningrad. I would say Poland is the major next prize if Russia wanted to go full Soviet mode, but i dont think they want to.

Last time the US army tangled with the Somalian people they had their a55es whooped so bad they made movies to get over the butt hurt

what you didn't see in the movie Black Hawk down is that there were two AC130 Spectre gunships in orbit over Mogadishu that day. If the US military had no regard for civilian losses they could have flattened several city blocks that day and killed tens of thousands of people. what you didn't see in the movie is that the Italians a NATO ally leaked news of US plans to Farrah Aidid - so the blood of US Rangers is on their hands.

If the US Military was truly unshackled like the Russian military is in Ukraine we wouldn't be having this conversation about Somalia or Afghanistan,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom