What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how much worth is a guarantee on a piece of paper for the western countries? Even after signing agreement and not joining NATO, Ukraine will be heavily funded, rebuilt, armed and trained and who knows in 20 years time they rise up again or get nukes.
The only guarantee of a buffer is for Russia to hold it. I think the Russians want to carve out eastern and southern ukrain, as independent sates/states that may one day vote to be annexed with Russia. This way they put distance between Moscow and a landlocked western Ukraine, that can be a NATO member. This also gives Russia more control in the black sea. We are focusing on land but the black sea is extremely important as well, Ukraine as a whole joining NATO would have meant the black sea belongs to NATO. I also think putin wants to capture kiyv and use it as a bargaining chip for the endgame

Totally agree. I think the best will be for Russia is to take all of Ukraine and annex it. This is going to remove the threat permanently and give clear message what the consequence will be to NATO and other countries wanting to do the same in the future.

Last edited:
India reprimanded by US diplomats for supporting Russia.

How can the US do this to India, Oh, 80% of Indian export is to the west. India has a choice obey or starve!

K

And how much worth is a guarantee on a piece of paper for the western countries? Even after signing agreement and not joining NATO, Ukraine will be heavily funded, rebuilt, armed and trained and who knows in 20 years time they rise up again or get nukes.
The only guarantee of a buffer is for Russia to hold it. I think the Russians want to carve out eastern and southern ukrain, as independent sates/states that may one day vote to be annexed with Russia. This way they put distance between Moscow and a landlocked western Ukraine, that can be a NATO member. This also gives Russia more control in the black sea. We are focusing on land but the black sea is extremely important as well, Ukraine as a whole joining NATO would have meant the black sea belongs to NATO. I also think putin wants to capture kiyv and use it as a bargaining chip for the endgame

You are thinking too far ahead, friend. This all will be sorted by time and perhaps in the lifetime of many of the forum members here if given time. I have been repeatedly saying: Putin is a once in a century guy. Let him pass away and things will fall in place. I have been saying the next leader in Russia would be at best another Medvedev or at worst another Yeltsin. Russia, from the west of the Urals, is destined to become part of Europe. Let time be given But some warmongers in America couldn't wait to get to the enormous Russian natural resources.

And if the result is that China does keep Putin just about afloat while literally brain draining Russia of every piece of technology and getting ridiculous terms on fuels then it would be the real winner in this.

China is the biggest victor in this war--closely followed by America. Russia, Ukraine, Europe, and if the war spreads out conventionally or nuclear, then even Pakistan, which is only one country removed from Europe, could be the losers. IF and only IF those weapons being let lose in this war end up with various groups who are fighting there and the whole order falls apart then anything is possible. Chechens with Stingers? Or imagine other possibilities.
Eurasian continent is cursed!!

1646366803857.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom