What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's depends on what's your definition of "Pro-Russia"

Pro-Russia in Ukraine can mean you have a cordial view of Russia, or you speak Russia or more precisely "Russo-phone" people. If this is the definition of "Pro-Russia" then up to 80% of the entire Population is Pro-Russia

But if your definition of Pro-Russia is to take up arms and fight your local government, and you rather be Russian then Ukrainian, those people represent a very small population even before 2014, those people are in small portion of the population, and they are mostly living in the East. .

I just today talked to a girl in Australia, she is from Mariupol, she is "Pro-Russia", she speak Russian, she was Russian Educated, and she is, well, was, a fan of Putin and she think 2014 Crimea is acceptable, yet she think the invasion of Ukraine is unacceptable. There are red line Ukrainian, regardless of your ethnicity, will not cross, a general invasion is one of them.

Come on? Brother you think Ukraine was 80% pro-Russian prior to the invasion? :D I Know what you are trying to do here perhpas you are pro-Russia in this conflict but I am entirely neutral in this conflict.I don't believe in 80% that is slightly over the top figure because Ukraine has been radicalized against Russia for decades now and it only increased during the Maiden revolution. The figure is around max 10% prior to war

It's useless, they need to sanction the friend and the children of Oligarch, not themselves, that's where most of them hiding their asset in the west...
Well they are going after 47 family members, so that's a start. But these people have so much eye watering wealth that its kind of hard to keep tabs on where it all is.

Come on? Brother you think Ukraine was 80% pro-Russian prior to the invasion? :D I Know what you are trying to do here perhpas you are pro-Russia in this conflict but I am entirely neutral in this conflict.I don't believe in 80% that is laughable figure because Ukraine has been radicalized against Russia for decades now and it only increased during the Maiden revolution. The figure is around max 10% prior to war
I said it depends on how you defined the term "Pro-Russian"

I said if your definition is that they are "Russo-Phone" people, then yes, 80% of them are pro-Russian.

It's a perspective issue.

Well they are going after 47 family members, so that's a start. But these people have so much eye watering wealth that its kind of hard to keep tabs on where it all is.
Yeah, that's hard to find out who's wealth belong to who, with all the shell company and many layer of ownership.

I just know one thing, I am going to save up money to buy some cheap ex-Russian own sport car :)

Not sure about it now, when I was in, we have something called Battlespace Management system, it's probably a bit less sophisticated than google map now, it show you where your unit and where other vehicle as long as you have lo-jack on your vehicle,

But the map is really, no other way to say it, shit. imagine it's the rudimentary map you get from opening an atlas and then with unit reflash, if you have ever tried to navigate on the street by a map, you will know you need landmark to relate to where you are and where you are going, and landmark is something really hard to find when you are in a desert. It will not do what GPS do now telling you "turn right at 400 meters, then into middle lane" if you missed that 400 meters, you will keep going. And that's how you get lost.

In Ukraine, what I heard is local turn the street sign the other way around or took them down altogether so to confused the Russian, I have no idea what kind of Nav the Russian have, but even if they have a competent system, that still depends on how the people who used those system.
Well, much have changed for the US army since 2003 of course.

US establishment suddenly remembering a nation that went toe to toe with the Soviets at the height of their power.. on their behalf and well, won the damned thing.

Trying to find a Pakistan on NATO territory. =)

View attachment 820507

Proper Teri yaad ai, teray janay kay baad scene. =P

"Pakistanis were not intimidated by the Soviets" - Bruce Ridel.

View attachment 820508View attachment 820509
It depends on the situation.

UK and Poland will be willing to fight.

France will negotiate its surrender on the other hand. 😉

- - - - -

USA and Russia fought a battle in Syria in 2018

This was the 1st direct clash (and a major battle) between US-led forces and Russia-led forces in a foreign land after the Vietnam War. This battle occurred in spite of deconflict arrangement between USA and Russia for operations in Syria.

It shows that things can spiral out of control in the thick of war.

Yeah, that's hard to find out who's wealth belong to who, with all the shell company and many layer of ownership.

I just know one thing, I am going to save up money to buy some cheap ex-Russian own sport car :)
Haha, those asset forfeiture auctions will be interesting no doubt about it.

Well, much have changed for the US army since 2003 of course.

It depends on the situation.

UK and Poland will be willing to fight.

France will negotiate its surrender as usual. 😉

- - - - -

USA and Russia fought a battle in Syria in 2018

This was the 1st direct clash (and a major battle) between US-led forces and Russia-led forces in a foreign land after the Vietnam War. This battle occurred in spite of deconflict arrangement between USA and Russia for operations in Syria.

It shows that things can spiral out of control in the thick of war.
LOL, there is an old army saying

"Things has changed, but idiots never will"

I remember one of my soldier "Lost" an APC (When I was still a 19A) yes, he manage to lose an APC and don't know where it goes. It took us 6 weeks to track down the damn tank...

Sounds more like a conspiracy theory. I would rather stick to the actual economic reality.
Well, this all exist in real. The houses were build/exists. There even exists solar cells which turn solar energy directly into hydrogen what will make independens in energy through hydrogen much more easier.

All what is needed already exists. But is blocked by ideological dumbness or uninformedness.

"economic collapse" my foot, u.s. and e.u. are still buying a whopping $1 billion worth of oil and gas from Russia PER DAY!

Screenshot_20220303-113617_Samsung Internet.jpg

vladimir-putin-laugh.gif

Just as a side note:

Most of the Russian oligarch's are carrying an Israeli passport, like Roman Abramovich as well.
Will they be able to dodge some of the sanctions in the West this way?

Abramovich e.g. is not sanctioned in the UK, he has voluntarily announced stepping down. Or am I not properly informed?

I said it depends on how you defined the term "Pro-Russian"

I said if your definition is that they are "Russo-Phone" people, then yes, 80% of them are pro-Russian.

It's a perspective issue.

Russo-phone is not 80% of the population tho and most of these are located in the Novorossiya part but they don't make 80% of the population more like 30% counting to around 14-million and all of them are not ethnic ukrainians meaning around 7-8 million of these are actually ethnic russians and these were the once in the civil war hence this was along ethnic lines

Yes as I found out when we used to play with the old Cystal powered RC model aircraft in college. Same frequency and suddenly... Cyka blyat!
I heard that once in one of those auction, they auctioned a super car worth 500,000 for like 95G.

That's a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom