What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand something, maybe someone with a military background can explain.

There seems to be many cases of Russian armour being destroyed, it seems like small units. Why are the Russian forces so fragmented I thought a big army would move together with aircover. Why are there so many small units isolated, no fuel, food, desertion. Are they air dropping armour deep into Ukraine with no cover. Seems like so amateur planning going on.

That's the result of them trying to go everywhere at once. Some unit is going to get lost, or leave behind. or separated.

Even with the US Military, these stuff still happened. Remember the lost convoy, Jessica Lynch, and the entire rescue episode?

If you are not briefed on where you want to go and you have no idea but a map (or GPS) chance of you getting lost is high, and once that happened, you are on your own.

Another issue is seems like Russia is lacking on Logistic, tanks are supposed to be able to run up to 500 km without refuel (On road, off road is about half) if they have a full tank, which mean this is some discipline issue that some tank run out of fuel on the way to Kyiv (Which is 150 km from border) Either fuel is not supplied BEFORE the invasion, or they just did not fill it up before they move. There are no way they run out of fuel on the way to Kyiv....

This is how valiantly Taiwan youth may fight

Taiwan TV street interview: How Taiwanese youth think about "2 years Mandatory Military Service law"
Replies are: It's useless, people will refuse to go to war anyway.
It's waste of time, it's just like a summer camp.
We'll just die if going to a war, there's zero chance we can win a war over mainland China.
Military training won't save our lives, and Taiwan's people are not united.

Question: If Taiwan goes to war with mainland China, would you like to join and fight?
Reply: Certainly not, I'll find a place to hide
We can fight but it's meaningless, we can never win.
No one likes to go to war...
Young people don't want to go to war and don't want to waste such a long time on military service
I won't, I don't want to die. Life is meant for more meaningful things.

In the end of the interview, the host shows the answers for the 5 quesions on board, the most chosen one is: "Come on, stop fooling around, what's the point for this conscription law when no one wants to fight and no one wants to go to war?"
Well, the same applies to Asking any Russian on the street "Do you want to Fight the Ukrainian" Most of them say no, 7000 of them were arrested for protesting the war. Yet, Russia is at war with Ukraine.

Also if Taiwan is attack by China, its no way to say no, that's the same assumption the Russian made "Oh, they won't fight back, we are brother, such and such" Is this the case tho? No.

I admire your naivety, even after Ukrainian war, you still think if there is a choice in war and people can say no when they were attacked. Reality is if you come to my home and try to take my home, I will fight you, I am not going to say to you "Let's sit down and talk about it"......

Last edited:
And that is simply not happening in a month or two,
The war will be far over by then.
No one can predict the future. My best guess is that this war will become an insurgency in a couple of months and EU sanctions will continue. Only way for Putin to avoid this is to let Ukraine remain an independent country. At best, he can expect some assurances on security and perhaps some recognition of autonomy in the Eastern border of Ukraine.

That's the result of them trying to go everywhere at once. Some unit is going to get lost, or leave behind. or separated.

Even with the US Military, these stuff still happened. Remember the lost convoy, Jessica Lynch, and the entire rescue episode?

If you are not briefed on where you want to go and you have no idea but a map (or GPS) chance of you getting lost is high, and once that happened, you are on your own.

Another issue is seems like Russia is lacking on Logistic, tanks are supposed to be able to run up to 500 km without refuel (On road, off road is about half) if they have a full tank, which mean this is some discipline issue that some tank run out of fuel on the way to Kyiv (Which is 150 km from border) Either fuel is not supplied BEFORE the invasion, or they just did not fill it up before they move. There are no way they run out of fuel on the way to Kyiv....

Well, the same applies to Asking any Russian on the street "Do you want to Fight the Ukrainian" Most of them say no, 7000 of them were arrested for protesting the war. Yet, Russia is at war with Ukraine.

Also if Taiwan is attack by China, its no way to say no, that's the same assumption the Russian made "Oh, they won't fight back, we are brother, such and such" Is this the case tho? No.
US-led forces were still found to be much better organized in Iraq than Russian forces are found to be in Ukraine; Jessica Lynch-like episodes were rare.

Russian forces have lost lot of stuff in different locations of Ukraine by now - some even to Ukrainian farmers.

We go partiell of topic. Wheras it is partiell in topic cause of the sanctions.

Well, why don't you raise some capital and pursuit that? I didn't ask "why". I ask "what" since hydrogen economy doesn't really exist. Hydrogen storage is a difficult issue to tackle. Without compression, its energy density is very low. With compression, its storage is very expensive. Liquid hydrogen production is a well guarded secret by US. China is a big space player but still couldn't master efficient way to produce that. Toyota has been pursuiting hydrogen fuel cell cars for years, which has costed them dearly and lose the head start in electric car competition.

Cause the politics in Germany dont want this. They want battery cars and not hydrogen cars. And they want the people dependent. And cause of that they do not build hydrogen gas stations. In the end 90`s, when the hydrogen hype was high till the hobos came into gov, Germany builded hydrogen gas stations. Then the hobos came into gov and till today there are only 100 hydrogen gas stations build in Germany - by privat firms like "H2". Twenty years ago the company Linde ( https://www.linde-gas.de/de/industr...n_technology/hydrogen_gas_stations/index.html ) said that it would build hundreds of hydrogen gas stations along the highways in Germany but the hobos in gov dont want it. And so for over a decade nothing happens. In the last 5 years privat companies build some hydrogen gas stations and so it is possible to drive through germany with hydrogen driven cars like the Hyundai ( https://www.hyundai.de/modelle/nexo/ ).

Producing hydrogen is easy. E.g. here is one of a lot providers

This is how valiantly Taiwan youth may fight

Taiwan TV street interview: How Taiwanese youth think about "2 years Mandatory Military Service law"
Replies are: It's useless, people will refuse to go to war anyway.
It's waste of time, it's just like a summer camp.
We'll just die if going to a war, there's zero chance we can win a war over mainland China.
Military training won't save our lives, and Taiwan's people are not united.

Question: If Taiwan goes to war with mainland China, would you like to join and fight?
Reply: Certainly not, I'll find a place to hide
We can fight but it's meaningless, we can never win.
No one likes to go to war...
Young people don't want to go to war and don't want to waste such a long time on military service
I won't, I don't want to die. Life is meant for more meaningful things.

In the end of the interview, the host shows the answers for the 5 quesions on board, the most chosen one is: "Come on, stop fooling around, what's the point for this conscription law when no one wants to fight and no one wants to go to war?"
Well, I do not think anybody can decide about this matter on the basis of a mere YouTube clip. Let us be realistic.

Peaceful reunification is much better option as per all manner of calculations.

So they want the whole country now and don't want to deal with them again by giving them some kind of buffer zone. The refugee numbers will be high as Ukraine hosts 44m before war almost 15m refugees is realistic estimation now.

I can understand why they don't want buffer zone because they don't want round 2
why would you put amrula saleh's pic in your dp anyway??? :blink:

Reactions: Oom
I dont understand something, maybe someone with a military background can explain.

There seems to be many cases of Russian armour being destroyed, it seems like small units. Why are the Russian forces so fragmented I thought a big army would move together with aircover. Why are there so many small units isolated, no fuel, food, desertion. Are they air dropping armour deep into Ukraine with no cover. Seems like so amateur planning going on.
This also happened:

What happened to this granny from 2015?

O/T but That MP5 brings back memories of my ATS days:
1646332050615.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom