What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the yapping and I do not see any of countering of my point? I mean, if you even counter one of my point I can see how you have a "valid" argument. But the fact is you don't do anything other than just telling me off show you there are gonna be nothing for me other than you try to judge what I did while you have completely no clue what I do.

Do you just want to talk about my past? Or what I am doing now? Or do you want to talk about my point?

I mean, sure, you can go against everything I said, but if this is the way you bring about an discussion, that only show how empty your argument was, like @Joe Shearer said, better understand you own position before you talk, a lot of embassament you are causing yourself can be avoided by simply ask people who know stuff that you have no idea.
More abuse on respected members? Is this what military experience taught you? Can you not articulate in a respected way? I thought we were on an open forum with variable opinions educating each other - not having cheap shots at respected members?
On topic - it is extremely difficult to decide who what why is telling us the truth. In the day of instant social media - it’s difficult to cerify facts from fiction.
With the experience of western media - there is a tendency to portray the “opposition “ ( in this case the boogeyman man is Russia ) - in a poor light - exaggerating it’s losses and minimising it’s gains.
Please friends please remember the Russians are one of the most feared army in the world. My opinion is so far they have use kids gloves because they do believe Ukrainians and the nation are a “cousin” that has stepped out of line and throwing the full wrath of their power would be a tragedy for all. Let’s wait and see.
Now try to debate in a respectful manner and btw you haven’t told us for at least 3 posts your vast knowledge of military experience and extreme in depth knowledge of all things - here’s your chance - go for it sir.

First of all, I found it interesting that 4 days don't seem to be much to you while you claimed 96 hours delay would cause issues for Russians down the road.

Second, what happened in US/Canada in 2003 was in peace time. Ukraine has a war in their hands.

Third, it is quite strange that you imagine Russian would just simply replicate that failure. But you may be excused if you have little hacking knowledge.

That is because "Day" and "Time" is relativity. You will not lose a war simply because you lost 4 days of power, you will if you fall behind your schedule for 4 days. Because objective is compound, you don't lost 4 days because you will keep losing the time until that was compensated, it will be 4 days in this objective, and 6 days the other because you started 4 days behind, and before you know it, it can be weeks or even months off your schedule.

Also, the Northeast Power Failure is a unique event, it is a combination of factor, it cannot be easily replicated in physical damage to the point, I mean, you can try, but as far as I know from the engineer, those can restore almost immediately. And not everywhere stopped power for 4 days, some was fixed as soon as 6 hours (NYC) and some where 21 hours, only a part of NE was out for 4 days, and that would not have any effect on a country as big as Ukraine. They are the SECOND biggest country after Russia, that tell you how big it was.

And hacking is not easy, and hacking cannot last long because you don't physically destroy anything from hacking, and in most hacking incident, (like the pre-war infrastructure hacking in Ukraine, basic function come back within a day, Not to mention Russia itself is suffering from Cyber attack, have you heard that Anonymous had declare war on Russia?

That is because "Day" and "Time" is relativity. You will not lose a war simply because you lost 4 days of power, you will if you fall behind your schedule for 4 days. Because objective is compound, you don't lost 4 days because you will keep losing the time until that was compensated, it will be 4 days in this objective, and 6 days the other because you started 4 days behind, and before you know it, it can be weeks or even months off your schedule.

Also, the Northeast Power Failure is a unique event, it is a combination of factor, it cannot be easily replicated in physical damage to the point, I mean, you can try, but as far as I know from the engineer, those can restore almost immediately. And not everywhere stopped power for 4 days, some was fixed as soon as 6 hours (NYC) and some where 21 hours, only a part of NE was out for 4 days, and that would not have any effect on a country as big as Ukraine. They are the SECOND biggest country after Russia, that tell you how big it was.

And hacking is not easy, and hacking cannot last long because you don't physically destroy anything from hacking, and in most hacking incident, (like the pre-war infrastructure hacking in Ukraine, basic function come back within a day, Not to mention Russia itself is suffering from Cyber attack, have you heard that Anonymous had declare war on Russia?
OK. I get your points though I don't agree with all of them. But I won't pin you here and this speculative discussion seems to be frivolous.

One thing I shall point out though is that Canada is the SECOND biggest country after Russia. China follows Canada and USA follows China. Did you really want to say Ukraine is the SECOND biggest country in EUROPE?

More abuse on respected members? Is this what military experience taught you? Can you not articulate in a respected way? I thought we were on an open forum with variable opinions educating each other - not having cheap shots at respected members?
On topic - it is extremely difficult to decide who what why is telling us the truth. In the day of instant social media - it’s difficult to cerify facts from fiction.
With the experience of western media - there is a tendency to portray the “opposition “ ( in this case the boogeyman man is Russia ) - in a poor light - exaggerating it’s losses and minimising it’s gains.
Please friends please remember the Russians are one of the most feared army in the world. My opinion is so far they have use kids gloves because they do believe Ukrainians and the nation are a “cousin” that has stepped out of line and throwing the full wrath of their power would be a tragedy for all. Let’s wait and see.
Now try to debate in a respectful manner and btw you haven’t told us for at least 3 posts your vast knowledge of military experience and extreme in depth knowledge of all things - here’s your chance - go for it sir.
I was taught to dish out what getting dish in, if you don't want passive aggressive, then don't use passive aggressive on me, I can talk to you in a most professional manner, only if you do the same. If you come out with the first word having cheap shot at me, I am going to mate with you every move you made.

And if you use "Kid Gloves" and "War" in the same sentence, you already show people you don't know nothing about war. If you want to use kid gloves, you won't start a war, once you did invade, all bets are off. Military planner don't plan a war to make nice. Of course, you can try to justify any result you want, that's your pejorative

I don't think I know more than you, I KNOW I know more than you. I did not ask nor need you to respect me, honestly I don't care. And I don't care if you think I am all that. That's your own personal experience. And the only reason you failed to see my last 3 post haven't told you any military knowledge probably because you don't have any.......How do you know something you don't know? I did not mean that as an offence, I am just saying it like it is.

OK. I get your points though I don't agree with all of them. But I won't pin you here and this speculative discussion seems to be frivolous.

One thing I shall point out though is that Canada is the SECOND biggest country after Russia. China follows Canada and USA follows China. Did you really want to say Ukraine is the SECOND biggest country in EUROPE?
True, Canada is a lot bigger than Ukraine, but then not all of Canada were affected in the black out, in fact, a very small portion of Canada is affected (IIRC it's Ontario, more specifically Toronto)

And you need to have the entire country of Ukraine to be in blackout to take effect. That is the different.

Last edited:
Well after the racist remarks of Charlie D'Gata I couldn't care about Ukrainian crisis.

Now it is our turn to say let the Europeans figure it out for themselves.

They need buffer zone and also regarding the baltics they were severally cheated there

And - what is so special about the Russian ego - that their need for a buffer is more important the freedom of many countries in Europe that they are looking to invade and occupy?

The sheer Russian arrogance is shocking at times .............

And - what is so special about the Russian ego - that their need for a buffer is more important the freedom of many countries in Europe that they are looking to invade and occupy?

oh please this doesnt come from a british

Not arrogance but security measure if many countries created an alliance solely for you.... You will take all measures to secure yourself

What hydrogen economy? If that it is economical feasible, do you think only Germans can do that?

Why hydrogen economy? Cause with it every country could be independent from gas/oil imports. Also it is environmentally friendly. Also even planes can fly with it. Also the mobility will change cause everyone could fly with hydrogen vtol. Also everyone could produce power and warmth with a fuel cell at home. It is even possible to produce hydrogen for the fuel cell at home. You will find a lot of examples of power independent hydrogen houses in internet. Hydrogen makes the people more free. I like the hydrogen vtols, like this one: https://www.skai.co/ But there are a lot other hydrogen vtol too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom