What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE

Residents of Ukrainian city Konotop have rejected Russian ultimatum to surrender or face massive bombardment. They have decided to resist Russian forces.

Ukrainians are brave souls without any doubt.
This will soon be a massacre. At some point the world will have to stop cheering for Ukrainian resistance and start active assistance. Russia is still dealing with Ukraine in kid gloves. I'm afraid the local Ukrainians have not fully realized what Putin is capable of despite the aggression that is meted upon them so far.

UPDATE

Residents of Ukrainian city Konotop have rejected Russian ultimatum to surrender or face massive bombardment. They have decided to resist Russian forces.

I have a tremendous respect for the citizens of Ukraine. 👏

Roughly 874,000 people have fled Ukraine and the U.N. refugee agency warned the number could cross the 1 million mark soon. Countless others have taken shelter underground.

The overall death toll from the seven-day war is not clear, with neither Russia nor Ukraine releasing the number of troops lost. Ukraine’s State Emergency Service said more than 2,000 civilians have died, though it was impossible to verify that claim.

The U.N. human rights office has tallied 136 civilian deaths, while acknowledging the actual toll is surely far higher.

Source: AP Wire

Ukraine wants to order corvettes and submarines from Germany​

2 MARCH 2022 47

Ukraine wants to order corvettes and submarines from Germany

The Ukrainian Ambassador in Berlin, Andriy Melnyk, said that his country wants to acquire corvettes and submarines from Germany. Speaking to the T-Online website, Ambassador stated that Ukraine intends to purchase many defence materials from Germany.

Germany refused to donate defence materials to Ukraine for a long time. It also prevented other countries from transferring their systems to Ukraine for the same reason. A few days after the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Germany changed its policy and decided to send weapons to a country that was at war. This was the first time since the end of WW II.

Answering questions about Germany supplying arms to Ukraine, Ambassador Melnyk said, “You are very, very late, but hopefully not too late.” He continued, “It is not just about providing tactical help to Ukraine. All of our Partners should now be clear that we need to arm Ukraine to strengthen its defence capabilities. And Germany could play a central role in this. We want to order corvettes and submarines from German armaments companies. Concrete talks about this were impossible until a few days ago because of this political deadlock. Now I’m more confident.
What else does Ukraine need from Germany?

I’m thinking of stationary air defence systems. Germany supplies these systems to Egypt, so why not to us? I take the Chancellor, who spoke of the turning point, at his word. This means that the turning point must also be felt in practice, which is why both of our countries should dare to make an actual new start in the armaments sector.

UPDATE

Fallujah 2.0 in making

UPDATE

Source please?

In negotiations with aggressor in Konotop, agreement reached on no entry of troops, no shooting at them by Ukrainian side - Head of Sumy regional military administration

14:07, 02.03.20221 min read
Head of Sumy regional military administration Dmytro Zhyvytsky claims that in negotiations with the invaders in Konotop, an agreement was reached that there would be no troops, but the Ukrainian side would not shoot at them.

"The conversation with the Russians in Konotop, authorized by me from the military administration, lasted about 12 minutes. I was on speakerphone during the negotiations. The agreement is as follows: There can be no question of any change of power. They are interested in law and order. There will be no entry of troops. The Ukrainian flag is in place," he wrote on the Telegram channel.

At the same time, Zhyvytsky noted that there is an agreement that the Ukrainian side will not shoot at them and there will be no mutual provocations, but they will remain in their positions, and unhindered passage of public transport and services, ambulances, with food, humanitarian cargo will be provided.

"In order to ensure security in the city and control by our volunteers, checkpoints will be additionally installed deep into the town of Konotop," he wrote.

2 MARCH 2022 47

The Ukrainian Ambassador in Berlin, Andriy Melnyk, said that his country wants to acquire corvettes and submarines from Germany. Speaking to the T-Online website, Ambassador stated that Ukraine intends to purchase many defence materials from Germany.

Germany refused to donate defence materials to Ukraine for a long time. It also prevented other countries from transferring their systems to Ukraine for the same reason. A few days after the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Germany changed its policy and decided to send weapons to a country that was at war. This was the first time since the end of WW II.

Answering questions about Germany supplying arms to Ukraine, Ambassador Melnyk said, “You are very, very late, but hopefully not too late.” He continued, “It is not just about providing tactical help to Ukraine. All of our Partners should now be clear that we need to arm Ukraine to strengthen its defence capabilities. And Germany could play a central role in this. We want to order corvettes and submarines from German armaments companies. Concrete talks about this were impossible until a few days ago because of this political deadlock. Now I’m more confident.

I’m thinking of stationary air defence systems. Germany supplies these systems to Egypt, so why not to us? I take the Chancellor, who spoke of the turning point, at his word. This means that the turning point must also be felt in practice, which is why both of our countries should dare to make an actual new start in the armaments sector.

This will be very dangerous and will prompt another arms race.

2 MARCH 2022 47

They will need land operated Corvettes and submarines.

Source please?

In negotiations with aggressor in Konotop, agreement reached on no entry of troops, no shooting at them by Ukrainian side - Head of Sumy regional military administration

14:07, 02.03.20221 min read
Head of Sumy regional military administration Dmytro Zhyvytsky claims that in negotiations with the invaders in Konotop, an agreement was reached that there would be no troops, but the Ukrainian side would not shoot at them.

"The conversation with the Russians in Konotop, authorized by me from the military administration, lasted about 12 minutes. I was on speakerphone during the negotiations. The agreement is as follows: There can be no question of any change of power. They are interested in law and order. There will be no entry of troops. The Ukrainian flag is in place," he wrote on the Telegram channel.

At the same time, Zhyvytsky noted that there is an agreement that the Ukrainian side will not shoot at them and there will be no mutual provocations, but they will remain in their positions, and unhindered passage of public transport and services, ambulances, with food, humanitarian cargo will be provided.

"In order to ensure security in the city and control by our volunteers, checkpoints will be additionally installed deep into the town of Konotop," he wrote.

Things are changing rapidly.

wow what a clown saying they whooping Russian and did not take a single loss during the night. Ironic he was supporting Israel hardcore less than a year ago, now he's crying about being erased. Russia is showing restraint. Clown will lose half his country in due course.

Absolutely, your source is 3 hours old, the one I have found is 1 hour old

And probably things can change ....

@LeGenD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom