What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm half brown and half white (does that make me biege?). I'm of two minds about this statement, the idealist in me says we should respect all people equally and not take any pleasure in the death and suffering inflicted on any side. But the realist in me acknowledges the attitudes that prevail in western society that values 'white' lives more than brown. So I understand your thoughts on the matter, even if I don't entirely agree with them.
For me it’s not so much skin colour but more about geography.

What people like you don't seem to understand is how Russia actually is waging this war. We have seen so many wars from USA that we are used to the American way of warfare, which is indiscriminate bombing and destruction of military and civilian infrastructure.

The fact that internet, mobile services, water, sewage, electricity etc haven't been targeted yet is proof of that. Usually in a war these are destroyed to disrupt communication, create panic and lower the morale. And if Russia wanted to they could easily have done this but so far they haven't. They are deliberately avoiding to destroy as much civilian infrastructure as possible. Now Russia might resort to that if it prolongs too much but so far they haven't. That's a further indication that the advancement they have made are within their planning or at least that they aren't desperate yet to do such kind of destruction.
Since am Air Force, F-111 Cold War then F-16 Desert Storm, am going to give you an air force perspective.

Just because you think and perceive some attacks as indiscriminate that does not mean they were. Can the USAF truly go indiscriminate? Yes, but why would we? We do not need 'indiscriminate' to induce fear into enemy forces, we certainly did not in Desert Storm. Even with the manufacturing might of the US, and we hauled everything we needed from the Western Hemisphere, any air commander who went truly indiscriminate would lose his stars or eagles. Even if we trapped a division of enemy troops into an area with no civilians, to go truly 'indiscriminate' would still be stupid and wasteful. If we can drop 10 bombs into a specific point in that trap to induce surrender why the hell would we drop 1000 bombs indiscriminately when 10 bombs did the job?

As far as spinning the Russian performance so far...Good job...But...

Have you consider the possibility that the reason why Russia have not done any 'shock and awe' is because they cannot, not because they would not? When you split your invasion plan three-ways, so are your logistic lines: 3 ways. Then once the war is underway, you let your air commanders allocate how each conduct his part of the invasion plan. You do not, or should not, micro manage.

What if -- just what if -- there were no Russian equivalent of 'shock and awe' is because each air commander do not have sufficient munition to create the initial 'shock and awe' effect and still have enough to conduct the rest of the war?​
What if -- just what if -- each air commander does have sufficient munition to create three versions of 'shock and awe' but Poutine underestimated Ukrainian resistance and micro managed his air commanders to restrain themselves?​

Both versions of 'what if' constitute strategic errors that ended with what the world is seeing today -- that the Russian military was flawed and inefficient in its execution of the war. You do not see 'indiscriminate' bombing, like the American way of war, so that mean the Russian military is more humane? Damn...!!! Talk about swallowing propaganda.

Edit:

Let us say that I was allocated 1000 bombs to conduct my air campaign. I believe I need 100 bombs to attack a specific target. So I would add %10 or maybe even %25 overhead just to cover unexpected events, as all wars always have. But even so, I would still do everything I can to avoid using all 100 bombs plus overhead. I would call on satellite imagery. If possible, I would assign special ops to give me real time 'eyes on ground' intelligence. I might just even conduct psyops to induce uncertainty into the enemy. In the end I might just need to use 100 bombs plus overhead or maybe just 90 bombs. But I would not use all 1000 bombs in inventory just because I can afford to.

Last edited:
I'm half brown and half white (does that make me biege?). I'm of two minds about this statement, the idealist in me says we should respect all people equally and not take any pleasure in the death and suffering inflicted on any side. But the realist in me acknowledges the attitudes that prevail in western society that values 'white' lives more than brown. So I understand your thoughts on the matter, even if I don't entirely agree with them.
No, my builder told me that it is off-white and the paint bucket actually says "kitten white". No sure what it means but I really like it. It is on all my walls. ;)

I didn't use the word "stop", did I? I said "second". Do you know what "second" means? If someone is the first and you are the second in a line, he gets what he wants before you get it.
I get you but this is semantics at the moment. Polish authorities have clarified that all nationalities are being allowed to cross into Poland. Problems might have occurred in some locations and situations. The entire country (Ukraine) is in PANIC MODE due to war; there will be lapses in management and general mishaps in this situation. MSM blows things out of proportion as usual. Let us move on.

The Russians are taking a pounding of epic proportions. This is a pure miscaculation. Idk what Putin was thinking.

Pakistan has a lot to learn and take note of. Dont forget India operates thousands of t72/t90/bmp ifvs prob north of 4500. As ive stated many times on this forum, short range Manpads will take out far more air targets than long range sams which has been confirmed (NATO doctrine since cold war)

We should double down on investment in drones, fighter jets, manpads, fire and forget anti tank missiles, and short range cruise missiles.

Ukraine as future NATO member is a existential threat to Russia. OTOH Ukraine NOT becoming a NATO member is NOT a existential threat for NATO members.
One more:

Ukraine NOT becoming a NATO member is now fighting for its very own existence against Russia.

So, these rules obviously do not apply to the mods .. Otherwise you would've been the first one to be banned here for churning out US/NATO propaganda 24/7 !!

On a serious note, more than 500 pages of discussion and more than 80% of the posts are outright lies and pro NATO/US propaganda, as you said: "weaponized information aimed at achieving a certain political goal" .. How many such posts have you deleted so far? Not even a single one I believe. You only delete those posts that are anti-NATO/US.

If PDF has a policy of promoting US narrative only then please make it clear to everyone here. Can post a lot of links proving you wrong on NATO's role in this war but no point wasting energy and time as they are going to be marked 'off topic' and deleted by you anyways
I am setting records straight in this discussion by addressing half-truths (and Fake News) with well-documented information and evidences on hand in line with Forum Rules. I am also removing off-topic posts when I notice them. I have also penalized members of different nationality in this thread including an Israeli member for violating Forum Rules. This is MODERATING behavior in the nutshell.

You are found to be TROLLING as well. 1st Strike issued.

Learn to address arguments and respect Forum Rules.

I am not sure what the Ukrainian First Policy is about.
It's obvious, withe man first, European, Christian, pure genes,......

Many incident reported against African, Indians,... students here
why unsure ???

I tend to agree with you most of the time. But like @Taimoor Khan said some pages before: The world needs to be multipolar and if it takes this war then so be it. Let's stop the 'moral relativism' to achieve that goal. I don't care if it is the Russians or the Chinese or the Martians who bring some balance to the world. But I am tired of my adapted homeland America to be constantly involved in wars because of some Neocons and some dozens of corporations who have a vested stake in wars. My Federal and State taxes alone for the last year were $16,000+ and more on Social Security and Medicare and yet I will be paying thousands more. I don't get much of a benefit from my hard work while some damn warmongers associated with the Military Industrial Complex--and yes, they are real-- make bigger houses, buy privates jets and travel in luxury yachts.
I don't know how one can not see this decades old Ponzi Scheme of the collusion of the Military Industrial Complex, the Mainstream Media, the Big Tech by now?? If the Big Tech-- a supposed bastion of 'liberal' thoughts really wanted to, they would have worked hard to promote the alternate viewpoints--and there is always an alternate viewpoint. On the contrary, I hear that pro-Russia social media outlets are being banned and even the Russian channel Russia Today RT maybe asked to pack its bags in some Western countries. Where do we stop with muzzling?? If we listen to one only one viewpoint, it may assuage our ego, but it may lead us to a very dark path--especially in a conflict like this.

Apart from "Pakistan punching above its weight" brigade and usual suspects, most of the Pakistanis would agree that we played a major role in making world unipolar. To the horror of the world, and we lived the nightmare ourselves. At the very least, we should have moral obligation to accept the sin and look for ways to undo it. Not suggesting to do go full retard mode, nothing sort of what happened to USSR, but yes, Multipolar world is not just an option, its an absolute must. Specially for the developing world.

What we need is rebalancing, where centripetal and centrifugal forces are cancelling each other out so the world order is at peace. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupt absolutely. We don't want to replace a hegemon with another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom