What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t know if it’s true, but the Ukrainians are definitely inflicting casualties
So far im hearing reports of 50 Russian soldiers KIA, 6 jets down, 1 heli down and 4 tanks knocked out.

For Ukraine im hearing their entire 7th tactical air wing has been wiped out. Ground casualties are unknown but are high.

Thank God I bought a Hybrid not long before...

Who said I'm happy.. I was making fun out of those who are actually getting excited because of this conflict.
Please be a little less judgmental.
Sarcasm is usually lost on PDFians these days.

Does anyone know if Ukrainian airforce has taken off?
There is a vid of a Ukrainian su27 trying to intercept russian aircraft. But im hearing reports of entire squadrons being wiped out by the Russians

People were implying Russians will face no opposition and their air strikes have crippled the Ukrainian forces. The clip proves there is fierce resistance and no Russian Ivans will be walking through like it’s a Rambo movie.
Fierce is subjective.

Did Taliban put up a fierce resistance against US? Conventionally they couldn't withstand any offensive against US. Certainly Russia will take casualties, but it's far from enough to dent the momentum of the ground offensive.

Does anyone know if Ukrainian airforce has taken off?

Looking at how freely the Russian air assets move inside Ukrainian territory, I'd say they are no longer effective at least. Meanwhile, all this claims by Ukraine that Russian jets are downed are still just words.

Whoa. Any idea what AD system was used to bring it down?
If it was providing air to ground support, than it would be flying low and slow, meaning a manpad would be enough to take it out.

There is a vid of a Ukrainian su27 trying to intercept russian aircraft. But im hearing reports of entire squadrons being wiped out by the Russians
I doubt Ukraine's air force for last beyond tomorrow. Their best bet would be to disperse their troops into small teams equipped with Javelins and Stingers to ambush Russian supply convoys or helicopters. If they choose to fight the Russians head on, they'll get crushed.

One su27 entered Romania
F16 intercepted and forced to land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom