What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you don't. You only need foreign currency to back your debts in foreign currency. Don't let the common practice blind you to think that is the only practice.
I am pretty sure Foreign Currency is used to back your own currency, I know for a fact that you can't use your own currency to back your own currency, because that does not guarantee your currency value.

It may have been a problem 3 months ago, Europe are now in Spring, the need for Gas is not that urgent. Europe have 6-9 months to switch, And there are 3 candidate, form Middle East, North Sea Oil/Gas Field, and US/Canada. All ready to go.
It is still very cold. The cold season lasts well through middle of April and last year the radiators were on till mid of May. And gas not only heats homes up, it cooks my food as well. For now, many countries in EU are hugely dependent on Russian gas, unfortunately.

But then tell me who can buy as much as US, UK,EU, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Singapore et al? Market wise, that's 70% of market right there. I am pretty sure Russia can find some African country or the Usual CAS country to shred some burden but they are no way spending like US, UK and EU et el.

err... what about the largest consumers in the world? Alone China, India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Brazil make up roughly half of the world population and they aint taking no sides.

Just to put things into perspective.

Also it means that no one can send an aircraft carrier or 2 or 3 to that part of the world to help out if they wanted to....
:D Dude, could you please read the Montreux Straits Convention?

Aircraft carriers cannot pass through the Straits. (How did China do? The Chinese are smart men. They also know how the trade.)

It may have been a problem 3 months ago, Europe are now in Spring, the need for Gas is not that urgent. Europe have 6-9 months to switch, And there are 3 candidate, form Middle East, North Sea Oil/Gas Field, and US/Canada. All ready to go.

Problem is, sanction will last after the war. As I said, until it was lifted, and I doubt they will be lifted after the war, especially if Russia win, which is very probable.

But then tell me who can buy as much as US, UK,EU, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Singapore et al? Market wise, that's 70% of market right there. I am pretty sure Russia can find some African country or the Usual CAS country to shred some burden but they are no way spending like US, UK and EU et el.

While I had fun with you, but maybe we should stop talking China, this thread is NOT about China. Well, you can make it into your business, but this is not about China, so maybe we should move on and don't be so self-centred, The world does not turn around China.

And most certainly not this war.
Yes, Europe can source gas from other places. At several times the price. It is a world of difference when massive amounts of gas are piped in from a pipeline vs from LNG tankers an ocean away.

It is still very cold. The cold season lasts well through middle of April and last year the radiators were on till mid of May. And gas not only heats homes up, it cooks my food as well. For now, many countries in EU are hugely dependent on Russian gas, unfortunately.

err... what about the largest consumers in the world? Alone China, India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Brazil make up roughly half of the world population and they aint taking no sides.

Just to put things into perspective.
It's not that cold, and it is not going to last that long anyway.

Of all the market you named, only China is a considerable market. All other does not have big enough market to make a different. just because there are a lot of people does not mean it is going to be a big market, otherwise Chinese market would have been bigger than US and EU and Canada combine.

Yes, Europe can source gas from other places. At several times the price. It is a world of difference when massive amounts of gas are piped in from a pipeline vs from LNG tankers an ocean away.
Not really that much, I saw a economist article saying it's 50c to 75c more per liter, we are probably paying more now with the Russian suspended production.

I am pretty sure Foreign Currency is used to back your own currency, I know for a fact that you can't use your own currency to back your own currency, because that does not guarantee your currency value.
1. What backs that foreign currency?
2. Why would I want to use some foreign paper money with funny pictures to back up my own currency?
3. If my own currency is gold or silver, what do I need the foreign currency for?

Starlink has very limited capacity. That is why after you subscribe it, you cannot even move to a different address. They need a precise number of subscribers in each location to regulate the capacity.

Last edited:
It's not that cold, and it is not going to last that long anyway.

Of all the market you named, only China is a considerable market. All other does not have big enough market to make a different. just because there are a lot of people does not mean it is going to be a big market, otherwise Chinese market would have been bigger than US and EU and Canada combine.

Not really that much, I saw a economist article saying it's 50c to 75c more per liter, we are probably paying more now with the Russian suspended production.
Sure. Keep telling yourself that. With the way inflation is headed, I can assure you that it will be far more expensive than expected to source from other countries. Germany knows this and this is why it has been fighting tooth and nail to protect the Nordstream 2 pipeline. I will not be surprised if they resume certification after all this is over.

Do you condemn NATO / Western military invasions throughout the world since the end of World War 2 ?

"Someone" is NATO which will intervene. I heard on an Indian news channel that some European countries ( forgot the names ) are sending more weapons ( vehicles also I think ) to the Ukraine government.

Right, NATO came into existence on 2022-02-23. :rolleyes:

Zelensky must be asked, how many children in Donetsk, Luhansk etc did his Nazi soldiers kill.

Dogs are cruel and Zelensky is being cruel. He is unnecessarily subjecting the citizens to war. He should just negotiate with the Russians.

I read that the Western governments' and Ukraine government's propaganda about the Ukranian military defenders of "Snake island" being killed by the Russians is false. The defenders were actually arrested by the Russians and treated well. There was a vid in this thread yesterday about one of those 83 defenders being shown by the Russians a vid of Zelensky declaring the defenders dead and doing propaganda using their names and that watching Ukranian soldier crying because Zelensky, who they served with their life, is misusing their names for his selfish benefit.

If the occupiers were American or any other Western military those protestors would have been shot.
IK condemns them when ever asked. That’s what he stands for. As an FYI, He was also against sending troops to Yemen. So as long as it is the IK administration, he can stand by his record. He’s been saying the same thing for decades.

• Zelensky releasing criminals (prisoners) to fight Russians.
Says that prisoners have "real combat experience", and prisoners can "compensate for their guilt" :undecided:

All those KKs he distributed + these the released poisoners could make future post-Russian-withdrawal Ukraine a difficult to manage place.

• Russian military head asks citizens to leave the capital Kyiv for the same reason. Promises a safe exit.

• Russia closes air apace for 36 countries in response to EU closing air space to Russian passenger planes.

Last edited:
I know. The point is an invasion was attempted. His example was wrong.
Sure,

But if we go pick up every bone and put it into current perspective. I mean when you talk about current event, you don't pull an event happened 60 years ago, you may also claim We are still hostile to Germany because we fought WW2, not that far off either. Just 78 years ago..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom