What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.

These are logistics trains carrying diesel and supplies. Although Russia has only advanced 50 km, it cannot protect its logistics lines. Whichever general planned this operation should be exiled as a sergeant to a village in Siberia.

FMtLTAqWYAkolJL

46% dollar reserves are in Russia and China, 18% with china and 28% with Russia itself.
That mean 54% are overseas,,,,,,,

That mean the number is around $300 billions, and once that gone, that's gone. They can't make anymore,

If the timestamps are correct on these tweets it has taken the Russians 3 days to get all that hardware from Sergiyev (Russian) to Ivankiv (Ukraine) +/- 1 day due to nature of satellite imagery.
View attachment 819602

What is happening with this long, long convoy is completely ridiculous.

It's length is actually... growing! All while under constant shelling. New Russian reinforcements all get stuck in that monumental pileup in woods.

The head of the convoy gets contstant shelling, and the end doesn't seem to be able to comprehend what happens 10km ahead.

@jhungary what in the world is that?

Yes, you are missing a lot here.

It's not the US that backs the central bank of the Russian federation. You do not seem to fully understand the concept of fiat currency apparently. A country's currency is backed by how much people trust that country to pay them back with goods. The US dollar is the dominant currency because energy (particularly Arab oil) is traded in the US dollar, and the US continues to remain the world's main producer of high-tech stuff. Also, because the US as the world's police offers security to states who accept the US dominion. So, if your forex reserves are in the US dollar, you can always use it to purchase oil or high-tech stuff and the US will protect you militarily against other countries, however the later one has not worked well in recent years, particularly regarding the security of Arabs against Iran.

Your whole assumption about the US backing the currency of other countries is wrong and beyond ridiculous. These sanctions on the central bank of Russia are going to have an impact on the Russian Ruble, but it is not going to make it worthless or make Russia unable to "raise" money. It won't make the Russian economy collapse, not even close.

And Russia is much better prepared than Iran for this scenario. When this happened to Iran in 2018, Iran didn't have an alternative system. Russia has already developed SPFS (Система передачи финансовых сообщений) exactly for this day. China has developed their own system as well. They learned their lessons from sanctions on Iran.
Also this time he failed to mention how, while he served, central banks across the world lined up to seek his advice on how to prepare for conflict that they could see looming. But how would you have known, you never served!

I don't believe I share anything about my feeling.

Again, if you think I am wrong, please tell me what this round of announced sanction are going to lead to, if not a complete collapse of Russian economic system, which, by the way, is already happening......I mean, there are nothing they can achieve other than seizing Russian Asset overseas, frozen asset overseas, refused to exchange the remaining currency in Russia, and refused to back Rouble by limiting Russian Central Bank ability to create new debt. You can't make money unless you can guarantee it and you can't guarantee it without any foreign currency, which is the entire concept of "Foreign Reserve" mean, I mean, what am I missing here?

Also, China may not help Russia because you are talking about a massive undertaking, you are talking about taking in the entire financial backing of 150 million people, numerous corporation and so on, you are talking about around 2 trillions dollar a year. Are you for sure China is going to pick up the piece, no question ask?

As I said, these sanction even surprise the people in the west, I don't think Russia would foresee it. And finally if Russia did see it, they probably would not threaten to use nuclear missile........

China opposes US, EU sanctions against Russia; says will carry out normal trade with Moscow​

They are flying into Belarus now...
These are logistics trains carrying diesel and supplies. Although Russia has only advanced 50 km, it cannot protect its logistics lines. Whichever general planned this operation should be exiled as a sergeant to a village in Siberia.

FMtLTAqWYAkolJL

This railroad is out of commision now, and this is all when they have a 10km pileup of a convoy stuck in woods, with still arriving reinforcements.

This is surreal.

@jhungary I think its nuts

FMtLTAqWYAkolJL
Well said there. Where's the mobile AA units,the aircraft patrolling for drones,the jamming systems and radars.

Yes, you are missing a lot here.

It's not the US that backs the central bank of the Russian federation. You do not seem to fully understand the concept of fiat currency apparently. A country's currency is backed by how much people trust that country to pay them back with goods. The US dollar is the dominant currency because energy (particularly Arab oil) is traded in the US dollar, and the US continues to remain the world's main producer of high-tech stuff. Also, because the US as the world's police offers security to states who accept the US dominion. So, if your forex reserves are in the US dollar, you can always use it to purchase oil or high-tech stuff and the US will protect you militarily against other countries, however the later one has not worked well in recent years, particularly regarding the security of Arabs against Iran.

Your whole assumption about the US backing the currency of other countries is wrong and beyond ridiculous. These sanctions on the central bank of Russia are going to have an impact on the Russian Ruble, but it is not going to make it worthless or make Russia unable to "raise" money. It won't make the Russian economy collapse, not even close.

And Russia is much better prepared than Iran for this scenario. When this happened to Iran in 2018, Iran didn't have an alternative system. Russia has already developed SPFS (Система передачи финансовых сообщений) exactly for this day. China has developed their own system as well. They learned their lessons from sanctions on Iran.
I think you don't understand what I wrote, I never said US back Russian Central Bank, I said US Dollars. Because Central bank have different kind of currency to balance the debt of its own currency. Problem is, rouble is now deflated almost 30% toward the USD. Which mean to prop up the currency, the foreign reserve have to exchange to Rouble, but how? Russia has been taken out of SWIFT, US are no longer trading with Russia Due to sanction, so did UK, EU, Japan the only one that can do it is China, so yes, dump it on China.

Okay, now you dumped 300 billion on China, to balance your own currency, now what? The only way Russian Central Bank can issue new debt to clean out the currency demand is issue Rouble Bond, which, again worth nothing, you cannot get USD, GBP, Euro, JPY (Which is the top 4 world reserve by the way, account for 90% of world currency) which mean you no longer able to balance your own reserve, the only option left is Russia buy a lot of Yuan, but how? Rouble worth nothing to CNY, 1 Rouble is 0.05 Yuan as of now. So You either dump a lot of rouble to exchange with Yuan, which inflate your own currency, or you have China loan you the money.

But how much do you think China can loan you the money? You are talking about Russia, a 1.4 trillion economy, without 90% of world currency, your sole trader is Yuan, are you supposed to have China print 1.4 trillions dollar worth of Yuan every year to support you? Because, honestly that is what I am foreseeing Russia need to do to stay afloat.

Cause they knew there'll be no Ukrainian air force in the sky, Russia commanders are not idiots as western media portrayed. How many Russian military assets were destroyed by "Ukrainian airforce" so far? None.

Yes. Russia has given a masterclass in how not to invade a country, militarily, economically, commercially and diplomatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom