What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
This pretty much confirms what I posted earlier. Russia is using just 1/3 of its invasion force and the first wave of the force is Chechen paramilitary, conscripts, and some conventional forces.
The operation is very scattered as it covers the whole east and north of the country. There are too many hotspots. Troops need to be dispatched to too many locations. As these troops advance through Ukraine, logistics becomes more difficult.

Soldiers are not bionic robots. They get tired, both physically and mentally. Troops have to move in a rotation. This is not a pitched battle, almost all of the conflicts are now in residental areas. The roads are full of traps, ISR and armed tactical drones are a big threat to convoys.

If Russia wants to act faster than this, it has two options; The first is to advance by destroying the settlements to a large extent. The second is to move forward with terrible losses.

The operation is very scattered as it covers the whole east and north of the country. There are too many hotspots. Troops need to be dispatched to too many locations. As these troops advance through Ukraine, logistics becomes more difficult.

Soldiers are not bionic robots. They get tired, both physically and mentally. Troops have to move in a rotation. This is not a pitched battle, almost all of the conflicts are now in residental areas. The roads are full of traps, ISR and armed tactical drones are a big threat to convoys.

If Russia wants to act faster than this, it has two options; The first is to advance by destroying the settlements to a large extent. The second is to move forward with terrible losses.

These might be just bridgeheads established..

They only sent in limited troops and very little bombing of infrastructure. I mean no electricty cuts no Internet cuts no mobile phone cuts.
Remember Iraq they even hit water purification plants the bastards
The russian Air force is nearly unused and this is a huge mistake. They have something like ~500 x Su-25, Su-27, Su-30, Su-34 and Su-35 combined. All are capable of using PGMs, antiradiation missiles inluded. Then they have Tu-22M3 and Tu-160.

If only the half of them would fly 4 sorties a day, it would make >1000 Sorties per day with few tons per sortie. Instead they simply don't use almost all of these strike aircraft.

The russian Air force is nearly unused and this is a huge mistake. They have something like ~500 x Su-25, Su-27, Su-30, Su-34 and Su-35 combined. All are capable of using PGMs, antiradiation missiles inluded. Then they have Tu-22M3 and Tu-160.

If only the half of them would fly 4 sorties a day, it would make >1000 Sorties per day with few tons per sortie. Instead they simply don't use almost all of these strike aircraft.
Have they even establish air superiority, though? Ukraine still has a bunch of close-mid range SAMs and possibly even fighters. I really don’t know how these weren’t destroyed in the first day. Complete incompetent

I think it depends on the objective. Are they leading another attack force or they are the attack force?
2000 soldier is very, extreme small unit, that's less than half a brigade.

You probably need at least a full brigade (4500 men) or a full division to secure an objective of 500,000 residence.

If they really march that 2,000 troop into the city, they are going to be slaughter, IIRC Mariupol have up to 20,000 troop defending...

The thing is they needed the mobile infantry with them i.e. mass APC's and IFV's, but they seem to be strangely absent with the tanks.
By definition, infantry is scarce in an armoured unit. The role of such infantry there is, is for the ' close support of armour'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom