What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the plan too.

Russia will not be able to occupy Ukraine like the USA had done to Afghanistan and Iraq. It costs too much money and the cost of human lives comes back to hurt. I expected the separatists to take more land but it seems they are very slow. Putin stated we have 40% Russian speaking people in Ukraine and if that is correct then they can rule the new state, it will be a buffer state between Russia and Ukraine, Ukraine will also be neutral. The most difficult part will be to overtake Kiev.

Russia will control the black sea, will have border with Moldova and Romania.

Last edited:

View attachment 819066
What is the regulation in India for its nationals who fight for other countries?

In Indonesia for example, if an indonesian citizen is found to have fought under banners other than the indonesian one, he would lose his citizenship and will never be able to get that back. Hundreds of former Indonesians who joined ISIS in 2014 are now stranded in refugee camps in Turkey along with their children because Indonesia refused to recognize them as Indonesian. The same applied to an ex indonesian who joined FFL.

:rofl::rofl:

Scope.jpg

That is ARMA 3 and this is an A-10 which neither side operates anyway.
My apologies, you are right, ARMA 3. They must have borrowed the A-10 from the PAF after seeing how effective it was last year :p:

I don't see how Stalingrad is a good example for this war because well, first of all Stalingrad is a Russian city and secondly, the Germans lacked proper technology and logistics to endure cold Russian winters in 1940s.

Anyway, why would Russians want a revolution? The only reason that Russian people may want a revolution would be for better economic conditions. But do you think the Russians would sell their country to the West for temporary improvement in their economic conditions? Do you think Russians, being one of the largest empires of history, do not have the vision to understand that sacrificing their national security will not lead to a better future for them?

Also, you are assuming that the problem is Putin. But this may very well not be true. Russians feel threatened by NATO's expansionist policies and they have felt humiliated for far too long after the dissolution of the Soviet Union. It's not like Putin didn't give diplomacy a chance. Putin could've done this back in 2014, but back then he hoped that the West would accept him as an equal and give Russia a share of power in global affairs without a need for military confrontation. The whole concept of tandemocracy in Russia was about cooperation with the West instead of confrontation. Instead, the West continued to disrespect him and interpreted his patience as weakness until this happened. Putin has made the decision of invading Ukraine fully aware of its political and economic consequences and the majority of Russians seem to agree with him. Hence, I do not see why a patriotic revolution is necessary and how it can change the situation for Ukraine or the West, if not make the situation worse.
Kiev is a Ukrainian city they are fighting at home, I don't know what kind of history they teach in Iran - German army was at the time the most advanced and well equipped, similar to Russians vs Ukrainians today. The Germans did not anticipate stiff resistance in short they though everyone is French.

The whole purpose of sanctions is to destabilise the economic condition in Russia this could trigger Putin's end. As I said before the Russians had - had regime changes before and they have never been done to appease the west rather to change the direction the country is taking.

The whole problem is Putin - he has some 5-10 years left before the next big shot at KGB/FSB (or whatever its called these days) takes over. You know about Stalin, you probably have heard about Gorbachev, I think you probably also know about Tsar Nicholas. What do remember Putin for in the next 20-30 years? What is his Legacy? What will the history books say about him?

He has played his hand - if it backfires he is going to be in a lot of pain.

There is a clear ideological angle to your perception of this conflict. Which of course is perfectly ok. But for me, ideology is a mere vessel for transmuting the actual geopolitical goals into reality.
I agree with you there.

It is forexample a historical fact that the Soviet Union was one of the driving forces behind de-colonization, after the second world war. I regard every form of colonialism as tyranny thus in my book there was positive sides of Soviet Union. During this period the United States OTOH was often in support of the colonial master, be it the Dutch in South Africa with it Apartheid Regime or Portugal with its reluctancy to give up Goa in India or the French who of course till this day still treat west Africa as its own backyard.
That is interesting because the relationships between the Kremlin and various vassal Soviet states were very much that of colonialism. Every decision must be approved by Soviet Russia. The only difference, rarely acknowledge even by those of the American and European Left, is the absence of the word 'colonialism' in those relationships because 'colonialism' usually have a racist taint. So by ejecting racists from power, the Soviet Union have at least a facade of benevolence in its quest for ideological dominance, which leads back to what you said earlier about 'transmuting geopolitical goals into reality'.

Then he have US actions in Middle East the past 20 years, which is a chapter on its own. Just for the fact, about 3-10 million civillian people have been killed from the direct consequences of these wars. What is this if not tyranny? It certainly wasnt Russia who killed all these people.
Tyranny FOR what? As in FOR land, oil, gold, women? What does the ME have that the US do not have that we want?

How to know if Putin will be settled if Ukraine and Belarus would have been agreed to made into buffer zones? Well we dont know. But that is irrelevant for NATO. Because we dont have to know what Putin wants to do. All we need to know is what WE want to do. Where OUR red lines are drawn. In my book that red line is any form attack on any member state is regarded as attack on all member states. Couldnt be any clearer than that.
Look at it this way...

NATO is tactical or immediate. Guessing if Russia is content with just buffer states is strategic or delayed. A shield give you time to negotiate the future. That shield is NATO. So yes, an attack on one member MUST be construed as an attack on all. But relying only on the shield is being shortsighted. Currently, we are standing behind the NATO shield watching a tyrant conquering a country nearest to him while conceding that maybe he will satisfied, but if he does not our shield will protect us when his sword smashes upon us.

Call me an idealist if you want, but that is not how the world should operate.

Russia will not be able to occupy Ukraine like the USA had done to Afghanistan and Iraq. It costs too much money and the cost of human lives comes back to hurt. I expected the separatists to take more land but it seems they are very slow. Putin stated we have 40% Russian speaking people in Ukraine and if that is correct then they can rule the new state, it will be a buffer state between Russia and Ukraine, Ukraine will also be neutral. The most difficult part will be to overtake Kiev.

Russia will control the black sea, will have border with Moldova and Romania.

From what I'm ready on twitter, the Russian's are right now having logistics problems like running out of fuel after days of fighting and moving around. They avoiding cities because they WILL have a hard time taking one.

Ukraine isn't Afghanistan, the USAF bombed the shit out of those mountains. In Early December 2001, the USAF dropped a 15,000 bomb off the back of a C130 in Tora Bora which shook the mountains for miles after impact. In April of 2017, the US went one step further and dropped a 21000lbs MOAB on an ISIS tunnel complex.

Based on available statistics between 2006 and 2019 the allied forces dropped 47,081 bombs in Afghanistan. Let that sink in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom