What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because russian propaganda tries to push the message that:
A: either all western weapons are destroyed en route/shortly after arrival.
B: they are being captured and reverse engineered/studied.

Ukraine is having a hard time in Donbass and less trained on these weapons so is bound to lose a few. Thats is no problem.

However i have a problem with so many here copying pro-russian twitter sources or the Chech leader to convey battlefield progress.
Just double check the source before posting would greatly clean up the propaganda (from both sides).

I am sure many are destroyed, many are not. It's the nature of the game, it's war. Some are going to extremes to prove Russians are destroying every weapon supplied to Ukraine, so are trying to say those are doing magic on the Russians. Truth is somewhere in between. Only time will tell the outcome of the war.

Yeah, I think having to help them with their need instead of giving what they need is probably the next stage, there are already too many different system in Ukraine and they don't let people to come in and fix them (well, even if they are allowed in, you can't fix them without infrastructure.)

Which mean at the end of the day, we need to look at how we can make them what they need.....Stuff that they have the ability to fix.

As you can see they can do something like this with different rockets or missile types in pod versions. Nothing too fancy even if it doesn't have its own crane to reload it.

Smerch has more range than HIMARS. GLONASS guided Smerch round range 120 km.

Pffft, the new missile HIMARS can launch has 150km with 200km in future after that. And thats not the PRSM. Thats just the GLMRS-ER.

Ukraine’s light infantry allows it to hold ground

But they don’t have the mechanized forces to re-take land and move forward

Those towns and cities that Ukraine lost will never be returned to Ukraine
Do you really believe that?

The Ukrainians already have tanks and apcs to make that possible especially pushing in Kherson front, obviously they can't do that on all front, neither does the Russians since they would have kept going on the offensive besides Donbas region.

Also, the Ukrainians have the option of killing as many Russians as possible until they leave and this is not some guerilla warfare, its a hybrid warfare with high tech stuff from artillery to drones to missiles to IEDs and mines.

Germany Gdp in Q1 grew 4 percent, will grow by 2.5 percent this year at base scenario, even by a Russia gas embargo. Russia meanwhile will shrink -10 percent at optimistic scenario.

What you have in this photo is not coal reserve, this is stockpile of a coal power plant. The background is a coal plant as you can see. Typically a coal power plant maintains a 70-90 days’ supply depending how stable the supply is. It is not free to stockpile coal as they take a lot space and they can burn if it is not stocked properly. What you may consider as a mountain of coal in this photo is not much for a coal mine as they burn coal really quickly.

What you called “coal reserve” are coal mine under ground, which need to be extracted, cleaned and shipped to coal mine. It comes back to Yang’s point that it requires equipments and a lot of skilled coal miners, which are hard to find these days.
Germany has 35,900 million tons coal reserves. By 100 million tons consumption per year the reserves could provide energy for 359 years. Because Russia coal imports is cheaper it makes sense to favor imports than self domestic production.

@jhungary
The U.S. should give the Ukrainians more HIMARS or M270s along with ATACMS since the U.S. Army is replacing them with PRSMs soon. They could easily hit the ships in Sevastopol where the Russian ships and submarines are reloading the cruise missiles to launch them at the cities especially Odessa. Even hit where they keep the cruise missiles at. One of the main reasons why the Russians wanted to take Crimea back in 2014 for its location. Also used them against distant targets where the supply points are at along with helo and aircraft bases in occupied areas.

@jhungary
The U.S. should give the Ukrainians more HIMARS or M270s along with ATACMS since the U.S. Army is replacing them with PRSMs soon. They could easily hit the ships in Sevastopol where the Russian ships and submarines are reloading the cruise missiles to launch them at the cities especially Odessa. Even hit where they keep the cruise missiles at. One of the main reasons why the Russians wanted to take Crimea back in 2014 for its location. Also used them against distant targets where the supply points are at along with helo and aircraft bases in occupied areas.
We already seen the sanctions on Russia backfire miserably, does US really want a Nuclear power like Russia as a staunch enemy at its borders? Alaska share long/close range with Russians and Canada is literally nextdoor neighbor to Russia artic. Ukraine war is a proxy war, the more advance weapon Ukraine receives from US, US draw itself closer and closer into direct confrontation with Russia. Russia still has not committed its full airforce, so all the Himars, and western artillery donations will be sitting ducks for SU 25. More importantly, the global south will see this as direct US intervention and even EU might be reluctant partners as time goes on. A wider conflict with Russia is not in the interest of Germany and France.

Last edited:
We already seen the sanctions on Russia backfire miserably, does US really want a Nuclear power like Russia as a staunch enemy at its borders? Alaska share long/close range with Russians and Canada is literally nextdoor neighbor to Russia artic. Ukraine war is a proxy war, the more advance weapon Ukraine receives from US, US draw itself closer and closer into direct confrontation with Russia. Russia still has not committed its full airforce, so all the Himars, and Nato artillery will be sitting ducks for SU 25. More importantly, the global south will see this as direct US intervention and even EU might be reluctant partners as time goes on. A wider conflict with Russia is not in the interest of Germany and France.

Putin isn't going to attack a NATO country. He is struggling to beat the Ukraine. He knows he can't win a conventional war against NATO. He will not start a war he thinks he will lose, as it defeats the object and puts his only option as using nukes. Which he also doesn't want to use as he knows he will get nuked

Because russian propaganda tries to push the message that:
A: either all western weapons are destroyed en route/shortly after arrival.
B: they are being captured and reverse engineered/studied.

Ukraine is having a hard time in Donbass and less trained on these weapons so is bound to lose a few. Thats is no problem.

However i have a problem with so many here copying pro-russian twitter sources or the Chech leader to convey battlefield progress.
Just double check the source before posting would greatly clean up the propaganda (from both sides).
I think there's a fundamental problem with control of Media in the West, which is becoming more and more impartial and jingoistic with agenda driven propaganda messaging that no one trust. That lack of trust is fueling platforms like Twitter, where decentralization of information has higher probability of telling the truth than the so called "official news" from CNN, BBC, Skynews. But I think its better to leave it up to the readers to decide, the truth eventually will come out. Maybe my judgement is clouded, but I certainly trust Twitter more than CBC for international news.

Putin isn't going to attack a NATO country. He is struggling to beat the Ukraine. He knows he can't win a conventional war against NATO. He will not start a war he thinks he will lose, as it defeats the object and puts his only option as using nukes. Which he also doesn't want to use as he knows he will get nuked
I did not meant Russia will attack NATO artillery, but western artillery donations to Ukraine. I have updated my earlier post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom