What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
The US is going to force Russia to scrape every last depot it has until it’s forced to give up. Russias ability to maneuver will eventually collapse. It barely gains territory today.
I agree. Russias offensive capabilities are limited. The need to mass the forces they have in small concentrated areas to make a breakthrough. I dont think they are able to do it for much longer. But Ukraine is barely able to hold the lines, and havent demonstrated any offensive capabilities other than counter attacts. I just dont see how Ukraine is going to defeat Russia by offensive operations, unless they are given some major long lasting help by mainly USA.

You and I, just like any sane person, know Russia is not fighting an existential war in Ukraine. Russia is fighting a war of expansionism. The west is supporting the ukrainian existential war, because russian expansionism is considered a threat to the west, mainly Europe.
Why would Russia threaten western Europe, it's biggest customer, and Russian oligarchs assets are spread across Europe? If you look through out history, Europe has history of imperial ambition across the world and including Russia. You forgot Napoleonic wars, and WWII(if you really want to remember, french was fighting for colonial powers 70 years ago). Hong Kong wasn't given back to China till 25 years ago and they are complaining China's broken promises, which is totally ironic. US still has territories like Puerto Rico, Guam and you could argue Hawaii as well, which are essentially colonies. I would not argue against Russia having potential expansionist ambitions, and at the beginning felt this war is crazy and Putin is crazy. But having seen the West response, I really don't understand the logic of Donbas threaten Western Europe or NATO. Similar argument can be made of Georgia as well. Russia supporting Russians speaking population in Georgia and Donbas can only be considered border skimishes, but somehow Americans are turining it into a proxy war to destroy Russia.

Seems Russians are getting the hang of smashing M777 and M109. And it's all going downhill for the Kiev regime from here on out as more and more Russian drones become operational.

Some like to blame Zelensky for the war, but refuse to realize that 70% of Ukraine wants to be independent and decide their own future via democratic institutions. I don't support Zelensky as I think he is showing signs of a potential dictator down the road, but to say it is simply one person to blame for Russia's invasion is elementary thinking. Ukraine was peaceful all the while Moscow controlled it via puppet governments, and when the Ukrainian people set themselves free Russia annexed Crimea, instigated a war in the Donbas, used said instigation as a casus belli for the current invasion. I guess for some fighting back is equal to being attacked and supressed.

A good example and comparison - Ukraine was under indirect Russian control since 1991-2014, Poland decided to pursue an EU path. Ukraine was more developed and wealthy than Poland in 1991. Look at them today, Poland is light years ahead of Ukraine in every category, and they are independent and sovereign. Ukraine never was (1991-2014).

There is no way to justify Russia's war on Ukraine, and to claim that Russians are fighting for their "existence" is funny, it is more like Putin and his inner circle are fighting for existence.

The equipment losses Russia has sustained and will sustain is huge for them, billions in losses and they have to spend money to replenish their storage. Eventually money will run out especially when the western sanctions start to be felt in the next few months and especially years. Not to mention the EU decoupling from Russian gas which is yet to be felt.

If Ukrainians wanted democracy they would have chosen democratic election instead of rioting. They would have prevented war in 2014.

Lol, the countless of videos of Ukrainians ambushing Russians with ATGMs show otherwise

True, but Russia has 150 million people compared to Ukraine has 37 million people. Russia can afford to sacrifice 10 million people to retake Donbas. Ukraine cannot afford to sacrifice that many people. Russia has HJ-12 anti tank missiles bought from China which is very effective on Ukrainian tanks.

True, but Russia has 150 million people compared to Ukraine has 37 million people. Russia can afford to sacrifice 10 million people to retake Donbas. Ukraine cannot afford to sacrifice that many people. Russia has HJ-12 anti tank missiles bought from China which is very effective on Ukrainian tanks.

It can afford to lose 10 million people but not arm them

Why would Russia threaten western Europe, it's biggest customer, and Russian oligarchs assets are spread across Europe? If you look through out history, Europe has history of imperial ambition across the world and including Russia. You forgot Napoleonic wars, and WWII(if you really want to remember, french was fighting for colonial powers 70 years ago). US still has territories like Puerto Rico, Guam, which are essentially colonies. I would not argue against Russia having potential expansionist ambitions, and at the beginning felt this war is crazy and Putin is crazy. But having seen the West response, I really don't understand the logic of Donbas threaten Western Europe or NATO. Similar argument can be made of Georgia as well. Russia supporting Russians speaking population in Georgia and Donbas can only be considered border skimishes, but somehow Americans are turining it into a proxy war to destroy Russia.
Looking back in history, Russia is nothing but a long story of expansionism and imperialism. Pointing at european imperialism or american dominance doesnt justify any further russian imperial dreams on behalf of its neighboring countries.

Russia is not stopping at Donbas. There are russian speakers, or russian defined compatriots, waiting to be liberated all the way west to Germany and south to Iraq and Iran. Russia is going to buy, threaten or conquer its way to control it all. For decades Russia has supported anti EU parties and organizations in Europe, as well as following a strategy of re-imperialization in Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan.
Basicly EU support these countries rights to democratic transition, while Russia only reconize their limited sovereignty because they are considered Russias zone of interest. Russia understands national security as defensive expansion, so of course EU countries are threatend by Russia.

You were right about Putin being crazy. Look at a map - hows does a population of 140 million even justify holding a landmass like Russia, while arguing something was taken from them?

Looking back in history, Russia is nothing but a long story of expansionism and imperialism. Pointing at european imperialism or american dominance doesnt justify any further russian imperial dreams on behalf of its neighboring countries.

Russia is not stopping at Donbas. There are russian speakers, or russian defined compatriots, waiting to be liberated all the way west to Germany and south to Iraq and Iran. Russia is going to buy, threaten or conquer its way to control it all. For decades Russia has supported anti EU parties and organizations in Europe, as well as following a strategy of re-imperialization in Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan.
Basicly EU support these countries rights to democratic transition, while Russia only reconize their limited sovereignty because they are considered Russias zone of interest. Russia understands national security as defensive expansion, so of course EU countries are threatend by Russia.

You were right about Putin being crazy. Look at a map - hows does a population of 140 million even justify holding a landmass like Russia, while arguing something was taken from them?

War is human nature. Every day since dawn of humanity 200,000 years ago there is war somewhere in the world. Russians is not the problem. Humans is the problem. Unless humans are eliminated from Earth, there will be war every day somewhere in the world. This is what Albert Einstein had to say about war.

“I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.” – Albert Einstein.

Last edited:
Sure it can. Russia prints as much money as it wants, just like America prints as much money as it wants. Two can play at the game of printing money.
If only things worked like that lol.
Russia already resorts into using T62s and other Soviet arms

If only things worked like that lol.
Russia already resorts into using T62s and other Soviet arms

T-62M is only for rebels. Russians use T-90M. Do you know what causes inflation? Printing money causes inflation. Printing money is the one and only cause of inflation. Because human greed has no limit, printing money has no limit, therefore inflation has no limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom