What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.) Sieverodonetsk is NOT trapped. Russian only surrounded the area from 3 sides. The South is open, which mean even those bridges were blown, civilian CAN BE evacuated by boat or anything that can cross river IF there is a Lull in fighting. Problem is, that Lull never happened.

2.) Common sense is not everyone wanted to leave their home. Some people have their entire life in that area and they aren't just going to pick up and leave. Ukraine armed force has been evacuated people since May, there are plenty of video Ukrainian Police try to have people living in those area and refused to leave. You are talking about a city of 100,000 and only around 500 left behind. There are ALWAYS going to be someone who don't want to leave. its the same deal when we siege Iraq, some people leave, if they don't have anywhere to go, those people are going to stay. The only different between We in Iraq and Russian in Ukraine is we don't use artillery and bomb their home intentionally to flatten the city, if we do the same thing Russian done, Baghdad would have been flatten by us.

Dude, you don't know shit about conflict in general and how civilian react to conflict.....Why those civilian was in the plant in the first place? That's because Russian destroyed their home. Russian don't care if civilian was in the plant, they would bomb it exactly the same way they did as we can see in Mariupol
Stop this blah blah, it's all Russia's fault bs. If Severondonesk is not trapped, why can't they evacuate the civilians then? War is obscene. Putin is evil maniac, I agree. Russia has no right to invade and Ukranians has right to self defense, yes I agree. But for an Army to use civilians as human shield to win international sympathy is morally corrupt, whatever the circumstance. It's all going to back fire on Zelensky and the Oligarchs one day. I wish to end this war and end this senseless suffering. All u care about is the West narrative "lets fcuk the Russians and regardless of human lives and tragedies/sufferings of Ukrainians lives".

Last edited:
@WebMaster @LeGenD @waz

Not content with expressing their controversial narratives (which often got them banned) in normal discussions, this user - whom I had added to my ignore list by the way (I became curious as to who it was that TNT was quoting on this, and temporarily lifted the ignore option) is trying to silence me now by threatening legal action against my person.

I haven't broken forum rules, nor am I aware of any EU law that bans the content of my comments.

They are attempting to forcibly impose a one-sided, single view of the conflict under discussion here. Is this the purpose of the present thread? Is it admissible for users to try and stifle free speech here through these sorts of threats?

Thank you.

I simply warn you that what you post is banned by german law. Since you reside in EU you put yourself in great danger of legal prosecution.

Its not threat. Its fact

U just don't get my point, two issues here: 1. Competence of Ukraine logistics, so far Russian advances have been very slow, and we see that in the map updates. But Ukraine refuse to withdraw troops and Civilians in major urban areas. Lyschansk is next, and according to you Russians are advancing too fast. That's BS. Siege of Mariupool took month. Severondonesk has been in the crossfire for Months.... Yet Civilians still traped again and again. My questions is why Ukraine military refuse to evacuate these civilians in these plants prior to being surronded when they had time to acts 2. Ukraine tactics, if Ukraine had time to evacuate the civilians, then the question is would these civilians volunteer to hide in these plants knowing the state of the war? Common sense tells me no, and these civilians are being arbitrarily held in these bunkers. Ukraine oligarchs thought sanction would hurt Russia and if these plants held out long enough, Ukraine eventually will be able to send in the cavalry and recapture these cities. But to hold on, and win the war in global sentiment, civilians trapped in these plants stall sieges and can drag on the siege as long as possible.
Mariupol was bombarded from day one and surrounded by russian troops in less than a week. The civilians (including the army) had no opportunity or time to evacuate. Most people do leave the contested areas in time, if they have somewhere to go or even the means to get away.
But you are judging the ukrainian authorities unable to rescue those civilians trapped in places being destroyed by the same forces that for months have been trying to destroy the entire infrastructure in the country - that is ridiculous.

And civilians being trapped doesnt prevent any russian advances, because in reality they dont care. They fire at anything, and its surroundings, if they suspect ukrainian forces are there. And then claim any civilian casualties being the fault of the ukrainians.

Stop this blah blah, it's all Russia's fault bs. If Severondonesk is not trapped, why can't they evacuate the civilians then? War is obscene. Putin is evil maniac, I agree. Russia has no right to invade and Ukranians has right to self defense, yes I agree. But for an Army to use civilians as human shield to win international sympathy is morally corrupt, whatever the circumstance. It's all going to back fire on Zelensky and the Oligarchs one day. I wish to end this war and end this senseless suffering. All u care about is the West narrative "lets fcuk the Russians and regardless of human lives and tragedies/sufferings of Ukrainians lives".
Was I just talking to myself?

SOME PEOPLE WON'T LEAVE.

People build their life there, and there are no where else for them to go, think about it if this is you, you know no one in your city and EVERYTHING you have earn and own were at your home, and you have no where else to go, would you live in a tent for the next months because someone is invading your home?

But then let's see who am I talking to? You fled your home country even before there is a war (There are virtually no way you can be a Canadian born). You probably just fly off the earth the first anything happened to you. Not everyone think like you. I have been in a real war, and I have been in Ukraine to know what's going on, have you?

Mariupol was bombarded from day one and surrounded by russian troops in less than a week. The civilians (including the army) had no opportunity or time to evacuate. Most people do leave the contested areas in time, if they have somewhere to go or even the means to get away.
But you are judging the ukrainian authorities unable to rescue those civilians trapped in places being destroyed by the same forces that for months have been trying to destroy the entire infrastructure in the country - that is ridiculous.

And civilians being trapped doesnt prevent any russian advances, because in reality they dont care. They fire at anything, and its surroundings, if they suspect ukrainian forces are there. And then claim any civilian casualties being the fault of the ukrainians.
That's nonsense, the siege of mariupol took month, there were civilians all over the city. Why keep these people in the plant. I don't condone Russian attacks of Ukrainian infrastructure, but that's war. I don't condone Ukrainian using civilians as human shield as well, so lets keep the perspectives clear. War is a dirty business.

With all these videos that I've seen of later Russian combat... I've learned that the Russian army while at the start of the war were all over the place but as things have progressed thet have shown much more competency.... Lesson for everyone to never count your eggs before they hatch and to never underestimate the enemy.
It is also shows that Russians were falsely expecting massive support from Ukrainian citizens but got a cold shoulder especially from the western part of the country.
One more thing, these KA-52s seem to me are one mean machine... we haven't seen many mi-28s... I wonder why...

One more thing, these KA-52s seem to me are one mean machine... we haven't seen many mi-28s... I wonder why...

Alligator has radar which is good at detecting and tracking ground targets from long range. Alligator is more aerodynamic with retractable landing gear. Also, Alligator has ejection seats and more than twice the combat radius of Havoc. Havoc on the other hand has separate EO for both pilot and WSO like WZ-10, unlike Alligator and AH-1Z which only have EO for the WSO.

Alligator has radar which is good at detecting and tracking ground targets from long range. Alligator is more aerodynamic with retractable landing gear. Also, Alligator has ejection seats and more than twice the combat radius of Havoc. Havoc on the other hand has separate EO for both pilot and WSO like WZ-10, unlike Alligator and AH-1Z which only have EO for the WSO.
The weapons package for the Alligator could be better in my opinion... More smart munitions and stand off weapons... Sceptical of the effectiveness of "Lobbing missiles in a general direction " tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom