What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Oldman1 remember this post I made 3 days ago??

easy to see HIMARS is needed, they are quick, easy to load, and like triple 7, easy to pack and travel. The key to this war is always the artillery, because the Artillery game is the Russian playing, which mean you will at some point need to one up the Russian Artillery, at the very beginning, it's still quite hard to see whether they need system like 777/HIMARS/M270 or SAM like Patriot, but then a month pass and you probably can see artillery is more important than SAM and Russian fighter is not making any headway into Ukraine.

I have no doubt in my mind the Ukrainian is going to push after Russia took Sieverodonestsk, they have completely withdraw from it and only leave a token unit behind to hinder the Russian pace taking the city, which mean something is up and they needed that troop for something, what I can see is, Russia probably will try to go after Lysychansk after Sieverodonetsk, Ukrainian will try to blunt their river crossing effort and then launch a counter attack, that is what I would do if I was in that situation. It's hard to defend with the river behind you, it's a lot easier to defend when the river is between you and your enemy, especially so when your enemy is the attacker, and they need to cross that river.

Another correct prediction by me :) Well, i was incorrect that they didn't wait til Russia settle in Sivereodonetsk before making a push, they made that push BEFORE, which mean they have more balls than me. But well, overall I was right about that.

But one thing is scary tho, if I can see a trap coming, by all account the Russian military command should have too (I wasn't even a field grade officer in the Army) so something is terribly wrong when they felt into the trap that it should have been seen by EVERYBODY a long mile away, that show you how Russia persecute this war.

This (Feigned Retreat) is a very old tactics

I would expect a retreating army to leave behind a sh!tload of booby-trapped or remote-controlled explosives all over the place.

Frankly, I was surprised the Americans didn't do the same to Bagram and other bases once they knew the Afghan army was useless. Maybe they left behind spy devices. Who knows?

I would expect a retreating army to leave behind a sh!tload of booby-trapped or remote-controlled explosives all over the place.

Frankly, I was surprised the Americans didn't do the same to Bagram and other bases once they knew the Afghan army was useless. Maybe they left behind spy devices. Who knows?
Bagram was "Closed" and handed over to ANA this is not the same as retreat. Then ANA lose it to the Taliban. I mean, it's not in a sense when American have to withdraw from Bagram when Taliban is outside shooting rocket and artillery into the base.

If the American trapped the airbase when they were handed over, they may as well raze it to the ground because you can't use them when you trapped the entire base. And after the apparent failure of ANA, US did destroy and trapped a lot of equipment, that's why you only see a handful of aircraft is still flying.

From Russian ministry of defense:

"Ukrainian Armed Force' units are retreating towards Lisichansk after suffering critical losses (up to 90% in various units) during the combats for Severodonetsk. The authorities in Kiev have ordered the combined tactical group to plant saltpetre and nitric acid tanks of a volume above 100 tonnes at Azot entity located in Severodonetsk. "
Acid tanks?
Nice
Ukraine can copy some methods from the Vietcong. For instance bamboo, metal speers. Against dirty invaders is everything ok.

Al Jazeera reported Ukraine counter attacked 50% of Sieverodonetsk

Not sure if this news to be trusted tho (I don't generally trust Al Jazeera)

Al Jazeera reported Ukraine counter attacked 50% of Sieverodonetsk

Not sure if this news to be trusted tho (I don't generally trust Al Jazeera)
I am confused though.

According to hassan al somalis great posts, severodonetsk and lysichank were encircled in a cauldron weeks ago.
So where did all those reinforcements come from? The air?

Also his very trustworthy source, the president of chechnia, claimed the city was fully taken a week ago?

I am confused though.

According to hassan al somalis great posts, severodonetsk and lysichank were encircled in a cauldron weeks ago.
So where did all those reinforcements come from? The air?

Also his very trustworthy source, the president of chechnia, claimed the city was fully taken a week ago?

According to him Ukraine has no airforce since february

Je ne sais pas. Je pense Macron est faible. Ou il a son propere agenda.
J'en doute: déjà, il dit de ne pas humilier la Russie une fois la guerre finie.
Il pense certainement à un truc genre traité de Versailles, T'en as un certain nombre désireux de même fare pire... Tiens, un truc à la con: les mafieux du FSB veulent se faire du flouze... Le missile de croisière français coûte 18M€ pour 300 kilotonnes... à ton avis, un pétard de 1 kilotonne pour 23kg, ça revient à combien?

Germany says it will never buy russian gas and oil again even if peace is made:

@S10 big sucess for Putin. He destroyed what was build up in decades within few days.

Germany says it will never buy russian gas and oil again even if peace is made:

@S10 big sucess for Putin. He destroyed what was build up in decades within few days

You mean Russia now having more money than it knows what to do with? Oh Putin is totally destroyed.

The person above don't know the reason why Russia have Trade surplus because Russia is not buying anything from the West due to sanction......It even said so on one of his reference "Import has collapsed but export is holding up"

Trade surplus does not mean you earn more money........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom