What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nations bordering russia hardly threathen its security. Especially in the form of a defensive alliance (with multiple nato countries already bordering russia). Instead its russia threathening those poor countries existance….

As a somali i dont expect you to read much on (eastern) european history. But please do as it will help you understand current events better.

Even since the Neocons engineered the countless invasions and color revolutions, I was following the news in Eastern Europe and the rest of the world and am up-to-date on how these forces who control the empire were pushing the Russians to act.

The problem with many European commentators is you either willingly ignore or are uninformed on how the shakers and movers of the empire were squeezing Russia to the point we have this disastrous war. These same forces ruin one country to the next.

The one thing I have most problem with is that people justify this war by "The West Push Russia to invade", well, that still make you a willing participant isn't it? Then what's the point??

I mean, it's like I said "Hey, see that house? Nobody has been collecting paper for over a month, maybe you should break in and burglarize it" Then you did it and get caught by the police, would you be able to talk it out by saying "I was pushed to burglarize that place"?
Its more like : We see "you/west" do it all the time, so "we/russia" did it too. And now you are all up in arms and invoking democracy, freedom, sovereignty and what not. I mean where were all these when "west/US" invaded Afghanistan? Vietnam? Or helped UAE invade Yemen? Or carried out drone strikes on civilians in tribal areas of Pakistan?

What is that egregiously evil thing that Russia has done which CIA / UK/ US has not been doing since ... forever?

If US/Nato push him in a corner, very likely he will nuke Kiev or some part of Europe.
Again, nuking Kyiv is like nuking Moscow, with 469 miles distant between the 2 cities, any radioactive material form that nuke will almost certainly blow back to Russia. Unless Russia can somehow control how wind blow or how radioactive material work. There are virtually no chance on nuking Kyiv or anywhere in Ukraine.

Nuking other part in Europe most likely ended up nuking NATO, that's game over for the world.

Again, nuking Kyiv is like nuking Moscow, with 469 miles distant between the 2 cities, any radioactive material form that nuke will almost certainly blow back to Russia. Unless Russia can somehow control how wind blow or how radioactive material work. There are virtually no chance on nuking Kyiv or anywhere in Ukraine.
Or use sub kilotonne nukes. Russia is full spectrum nuclear power.

Nuking other part in Europe most likely ended up nuking NATO, that's game over for the world.
No. Sweden and Finland are open game.

Its more like : We see "you/west" do it all the time, so "we/russia" did it too. And now you are all up in arms and invoking democracy, freedom, sovereignty and what not. I mean where were all these when "west/US" invaded Afghanistan? Vietnam? Or helped UAE invade Yemen? Or carried out drone strikes on civilians in tribal areas of Pakistan?

What is that egregiously evil thing that Russia has done which CIA / UK/ US has not been doing since ... forever?
That's the same argument, it didn't shred your responsibility. You are still an active participant in this.

I mean, just because someone rob a store, does that give you the right to rob the same store? Not to mention Russia themselves have more adventure than the US since 1950s. You say that like Russia don't like to invade other countries.

That's the same argument, it didn't shred your responsibility. You are still an active participant in this.
Let me put it in this way. Why the bar on morality or whatever on Russia needs to be higher than US / UK/ NATO/ CIA?

I mean, just because someone rob a store, does that give you the right to rob the same store? Not to mention Russia themselves have more adventure than the US since 1950s. You say that like Russia don't like to invade other countries.
Yes indeed! If everyone is robbing, why should a certain party needs to hold themselves to a higher standard of morality? And why there is an additional hue and cry for that party's action or misdeeds?

Or use sub kilotonne nukes. Russia is full spectrum nuclear power.
Again, it's not about how many "Kiloton" it's about radioactive material, you are talking about in grams, not kilograms or tons, and those material are only halved in 24,000 years. Again, go back and read the impact on Chernobyl, Chernobyl is 150km north of Kyiv. And that not even a nuclear explosion

No. Sweden and Finland are open game.
lol, if you think that. By the way, Both country have defence pact with UK. Just in case you do not know.

Russia is dirtpoor and cant rebuild.

Yet they still can supply cannon fodder at a rate of 2 battalions per week, and have enough towed guns, and mortars in storage to fight WW2 few times over.

There are few ways to make them rout:
  • Exert shocking losses on the rate of first weeks of war, enough to cut them from 7 field armies to less than 6 or 5
  • Deep strikes to make them crumble under their own weight
  • Push Belgorod, or Crimea to make them lose their cool
  • Deep wedging to cut the continuity of their frontline in 2+ places
  • Seize air dominance
I only see the brute force being possible to do with current rate of Western weapon supplies. Russians squander their manpower, and hardware now, and will do more so when more weapons will arrive.

2nd is also possible, but still no long range precision fires arrived.

Push to Belgorod - not enough of own forces, and Joe's nagging

Deep wedging - not enough armour

Air - no jets

Let me put it in this way. Why the bar on morality or whatever on Russia needs to be higher than US / UK/ NATO/ CIA?

You do realise once you do what CIA/NATO/UK/US do, all your "morality" or whatever goes out the window right?

That is IF you had not done it before, as I said, Russia invaded more country than US/UK/NATO did. I mean if you pretend Russia is a peaceful little country, then all I can say is LOL YOU ARE DELUSIONAL....

Yes indeed! If everyone is robbing, why should a certain party needs to hold themselves to a higher standard of morality? And why there is an additional hue and cry for that party's action or misdeeds?
Sure, but then you don't cry when the shopkeeper shoot back. Bear in mind, Russia is NOT fighting NATO troop in Ukraine, they are fighting Ukrainian troop in Ukraine. I mean, if everybody rob, that does not mean the people you are robbing cannot fight back, and certainly does not mean people next door or somewhere far cannot sell weapon to the storeowner to fight you.

It's not the about moral high ground or anything like that. You rob a store, you get shot, you don't cry foul.

Again, it's not about how many "Kiloton" it's about radioactive material, you are talking about in grams, not kilograms or tons, and those material are only halved in 24,000 years. Again, go back and read the impact on Chernobyl, Chernobyl is 150km north of Kyiv. And that not even a nuclear explosion
Errr... Well, its a misconception that any amount of radioactivity leads to excess deaths and cancers.

There are many places on earth with hell lot of radioactivity occuring naturally. I lived in hilly parts of Vancouver for sometime and there is radon in soil there and if you go out with a gieger counter you see high radioactivity in many places including schools. Secondly, Hiroshima and Nagasaki are pretty decent places now after 20 kilotonnes of explosion in which most of radioactive material was blow around. Modern warheads use boosting which ensure most of the fuel in burnt up. Cancer rates in Japan are not exactly sky high as compared to rest of the world.

A < 1 KT bomb will never release any amount of radioactivity more than say tests like Tsar-Bomba. Even though it was supposedly a very clean bomb.

Lastly, there are options of enhanced radiation bombs, which kill using gamma and x-ray radiation and contain very little radioactivite materials.

lol, if you think that. By the way, Both country have defence pact with UK. Just in case you do not know.
Will UK go for a nuclear war with Russia over inconsequential countries like Finland and Sweden? I doubt it. The extent of defence pacts is not enough and is neither comprehensive enough like NATO. Besides, if UK attacks Russia first (because of its obligations of its own treaty), NATO is not obliged to involve itself. That is the exception in NATO charter. We have seen already, US/UK/NATO are not in a mood to fight directly with Russia in any capacity.

Huh, they won’t go cold plenty of countries will sell LNG.
Benz and BMW are built in other counties too ya know. Actually their newest factories are in the US
US can produce more fertilizer as can many other countries.
I mean we can continue to do this if you’d like, what’s the next topic?

It is far worse than is being reported here. The EU states that over 41% of its gas comes from Russia, the second supplier Norway already at maximum capacity is 16%, for crude oil it's even higher from Russia. If Russia stops supplying Europe some predictions are for the wholesale price of gas to quadruple. The shortfall cannot be made up and people will not be able to heat their homes this Winter. Pricing people out of the market will reduce demand, but it's the poor who will suffer, and not the political elites. America has its own gas oil fields so it’s a bit rich lecturing us here in EU to swallow it and not complain about higher costs

Errr... Well, its a misconception that any amount of radioactivity leads to excess deaths and cancers.

There are many places on earth with hell lot of radioactivity occuring naturally. I lived in hilly parts of Vancouver for sometime and there is radon in soil there and if you go out with a gieger counter you see high radioactivity in many places including schools. Secondly, Hiroshima and Nagasaki are pretty decent places now after 20 kilotonnes of explosion in which most of radioactive material was blow around. Modern warheads use boosting which ensure most of the fuel in burnt up. Cancer rates in Japan are not exactly sky high as compared to rest of the world.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki are ground burst, and the technology of delivery is not the same level as today, you cannot compare the 2 bomb in 1945 to what would have been done today, I can say even the severity is underestimated if we are using 1986 Chernobyl disaster

I mean, sure, if you think nuking Kyiv is not big deal to Russia or Belarus, go ahead, please do. But I was in the Army, and I went thru CBRN training, and my training tell me otherwise. I wouldn't do it if I was on the button, but well, you have your own opinion, just be glad when that did happen, you don't live in Moscow.

Will UK go for a nuclear war with Russia over inconsequential countries like Finland and Sweden? I doubt it. The extent of defence pacts is not enough and is neither comprehensive enough like NATO. Besides, if UK attacks Russia first (because of its obligations of its own treaty), NATO is not obliged to involve itself. That is the exception in NATO charter. We have seen already, US/UK/NATO are not in a mood to fight directly with Russia in any capacity.

The same question would applies to Russia as well, would Russia want to risk a nuclear war with UK or NATO over Sweden and Finland? How do you know NATO will not response?

And lol, you obviously confused between "don't want to fight" Russian directly and "don't need to fight" Russian directly. After you seeing how Russia only been able to take 9% of Ukraine in 100 days, do you really do think Russia would have any chance facing off NATO? Before you say NATO don't dare to do anything, they are sending advance weapon to Ukraine for the express purpose of killing Russian soldier, for all intend and purpose they are already at war, I mean, I have seen war started less than this, I wouldn't be surprise if Russia really go after NATO. NATO already risk actually going to war by acting OVER the line of neutrality. So no, what you said about NATO is not in the mood to fight Russia directly is not true at all.

You do realise once you do what CIA/NATO/UK/US do, all your "morality" or whatever goes out the window right?
Does it matter? Should it matter?

Sure, but then you don't cry when the shopkeeper shoot back. Bear in mind, Russia is NOT fighting NATO troop in Ukraine, they are fighting Ukrainian troop in Ukraine. I mean, if everybody rob, that does not mean the people you are robbing cannot fight back, and certainly does not mean people next door or somewhere far cannot sell weapon to the storeowner to fight you.

It's not the about moral high ground or anything like that. You rob a store, you get shot, you don't cry foul.
Then the shopkeeper should not also cry if the adversory hold his or her children on ransom. If its open for all, then yes, its open for all. Then shopkeeper should not cry if the shops are petrol bombed.

Does it matter? Should it matter?

It matter if you start talking about "Morality" as the clause

Then the shopkeeper should not also cry if the adversory hold his or her children on ransom. If its open for all, then yes, its open for all. Then shopkeeper should not cry if the shops are petrol bombed.

I didn't see Ukraine bitching about the invasion, nor Ukraine is yelling about sanction or whatever. Did you?

All I hear is Ukraine asking for more money and weapon to kill the Russian invader. And Russia bitch about how Western Sanction is declaring war and bitch about the West to stop sending weapon to Ukraine.

In fact, I just spend the last 2 months in Ukraine (Well, 6 weeks), from what I am seeing, they WANTED to kill Russian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom