What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current Russian offensive in eastern Ukraine is probably the textbook example of how India would employ the cold start doctrine, IMHO. We should keep an eye on how the Ukrainians defend that area.

P.s. a good look at all the weapons supplied to Ukraine from outside powers during this war; can be very informative of the kinds of tactics that would have to be employed in a cold start scenario.
Probably not.....

The current Ground Offensive in the East is not something of an Army with numeric superiority should do. You never get into a grinding warfare while fighting a mobile warfare at the same time when you outnumber your enemy, That is a good way you can pinned and hammered.

If I was the Russian overall commander, I would probably by-pass Sievierodonetsk and break out from Popasna and aim for a speed advance toward Kramatorsk, at this rate, Ukrainian is grinding away the Russian numeric advantage. By the way, that is what the UKrainian is doing to the Russian at the moment, they did not reinforce Sievierodonetsk, they shored up the opposite bank, and using the reinforcement to advance North of Kharkiv. Seems like Ukrainian are not going to defend Sievierodonetsk and pull back probably after some rear guard action.

When did Russians attempt the big encirclement? Did Russians ever claim they wanted to do a big encirclement?
Didn't the Russian MOD guy come out and say they wanted to encircle the entire Donbas region and established a land corridor toward Transnistria back in April?

No need to improve shorads against TB-2, Tor and Pantsir, even Tunguska, are shooting similar and much harder targets down on a regular basis in realistic exercises. Only one example: The Saman and Saman-M are converted missiles from the Osa SAM, flying around 700m/s and are something like the standard target for russian shorads in exercises.

But you need competent operators and a 24/7 sky scanning, taking the threat serious. No nonsense like advance as fast as possible or lets make a smoking break, like the geniuses in Syria.

Don't get me wrong, the TB-2 is a good UAV, but at the end of the day it is still a small and very, very slow target. The normal speed is around 50m/s, the Pantsir missile is around 30 (!) times faster. The RCS is small but far away from beeing VLO aka stealth plus they operate <10km, so even VLO targets will be detected. And all UCAV have these cons, turkish, russian, american etc.
Only real combat drones like the S-70, X-47 etc. will change that.
In fact, very slow targets can be difficult to hit too, especially if small...
The famous Israeli video of a shooting Pantsir being blown despite no less than 3 missiles fired (you see a remaining smoke plume before the two launches)...
These weren't having a smoke break, the battery was fully active and fully busted...
Now I won't help the Orcs to fix their crap, we have an efficient SHORAD with a firng profile similar to Pantsir named Crotale Mk.3 which has also proven itself efficient as a C-RAM (Iron-Dome job).
Mk.3 is from 2008, I wouldn't be too surprised if Thales was willing to make a Mk.4 with even a better missiles and 16 interceptors per launcher instead of 8 if some is interested by a contract similar to the 114 Korean K-SAM Pegasus (which can also be loaded with the Mk.3 missile).
Even active Pantsirs suck : most of the alleged interceptions of Israeli assets Syria brags about are BS !!! What is shown is the Pantsir's interceptor self destruction when reaching its max-range! The few times it was successful, there was a secondary blast or you see the burning target falling. I didn't made statistics on what SANA broadcasted, but the successful interceptions must be as low as 5-10%...

Well, the Russian Central bank stopped trading Rouble with USD, they could set it $1 to 1 Rouble, that does not mean anything because nobody but the government can get them, and the most important thing is, Russian government cannot get new USD from trade and they cannot be converted either way.

It's like I said "This toilet paper is now worth $1000 a piece, but I do not let anyone buy it or I will not be able to sell it" So what's the point of having that toilet paper appraised at $1000 a piece??

Ground reality in Russia is like this

Oh dear.

No proof presented; just mere claims.

Actually, it's the HiMARS that will destroy the ruSSian Waffen-ZZ.
The cool thing is that being also able to defend against jet fighters that may be able to fly too high for ManPADS but too low for being in the radar horizon of Ukraine's S-300, the HiMARS has self defence capabilities. I hope Binden will bring the ATACMS too, so Ukrainian army can target bases far behind the enemy lines, in fact, even a few PrSMs would be great : the ruSSian Waffen-ZZ does long range missile strikes into Kiyv or Lviv,, it would just be justice when Ukrainian army strikes the ruSSian MoD, the Kremlin and the National Defense Control Center (NDCC) in Moscow : it's high time for Nazi-Putin AKA Vladolf Putler to taste his own medicine : it's ruSSia that needs a serious denazification!
View attachment 848456
View attachment 848457
View attachment 848458
View attachment 848461
View attachment 848462
View attachment 848463

TOS-1A effect vs. Ukrainian civilian : GRAPHIC WARNING
Don't click if you don't wan to see the gruesome effect
View attachment 848464
naZi-ruSSia deliberately uses such incendiary weapons against civilians

Can you stop spamming the thread with those bogus images? How many times are you gonna post them? Do you seriously think people are gonna believe the gibberish that you're posting? We all know there is one side that employs Neo-Nazis and Sergey Lavrov got the cat out of the bag when he stated very clearly how Hitler had the same roots as Zelensky.

These recent developments are worrisome. In yesterday's update from ISW think tank, Russia is said to be developing third line of defense in southern axis. I hope that the Ukrainian side has better fortune next month :close_tema:

That's why I point to one point from the start:

There are freaking 7 Russian field armies there.

Hardware losses, and particularly tanks, are tremendous, but even if they lose them all, and will have nothing, but towed guns/mortars left, flushing them out may take 1+ year if they will be kept being reinforced.

Can Russia manufacture sewage pipe mortars at least? Yes, of course.

The West totally missed the window of opportunity. Putin fouled them again with the most banal stick, and carrot trick.

Biden is just retarded.

Obama Bin Laden was 100% correct predicting that Biden's presidency would be a disaster for the America.

@Hassan Al-Somal

Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, true heir to Soviet anti-fascism (the authentic, original anti-fascism not its fake, usurpative Trotskyist or zionist avatars).

New statue of Stalin inaugurated in 2019 at Novosibjirsk:

original.jpg

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2019/05/russia-stalin-statue/590140/

Russian forces and Russian citizens flying the Soviet flag of victory over Nazism and Banderism:

main-qimg-d431ba350b9f17027bb52ece72c7e5fa-lq

russia-red-flag-ukraine-comp-1.jpg

tank-flag-1.jpg

05DONETSK-hp-superJumbo-v2.jpg

Shutterstock_8319287b.jpg

russian-soviet-victory-banner.jpg

ld.jpg

Wonderful people. They shall liberate all of Europe from lunatic NATO and zionist extremists. The hopes of free nations of the world rest with Russia in its struggle against the genocidal, Nazi-like ruling oligarchy of the NATO regimes.

Op-Ed-Russia-The-Virtue-article-pic-4.jpg

69bf3c.jpg

eO8X9U4.jpg

And their protectors in Occupied Palestine:

Screen-Shot-2015-01-07-at-14.32.52-e1420640154334-1024x640.png

Subjects who've realized the true face of the bloodthirsty apartheid regime holding them hostage:

nazisrael.jpg

xZoFduidAZKw1nGke1QzDdW8.jpeg

ae.jpg

gg.jpg

mr.jpg

Islamophobic British neo-fascists posing with zionist flag:

edl.jpg

British king Edward VIII and queen of England were avid admirers of Hitler:

e24d0c02bf797893262f8cfcc01e67af

German xenophobic far right with zionist flags:

ge.jpg

Birds of a feather.