What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the weapons and still they lose territory
You know, after Hitler and Stalin stopped to be the best friends on the planet on June 22nd 1941...
Molotov-von Ribbentrop Pact 1939 - Copie.png

The Waffen-SS and the Wehrmacht progressed to Stalingrad (Volgograd) with an average 3.65km a day before being really bogged down...
Putin's Waffen-ZZ is bogged down for 2 months+
And Ukraine has barely no aviation...

View attachment 848275

Grain export blockade issue can be solved to a considerable degree if the Zatoka bridge in Odessa is repaired and used to transfer grain trucks into Romania in my opinion. It is bombed continiously by Russia because of weapons transfer issues but if there is a guarantee of no weapons shipments from that bridge grain trucks can pass into Romania and exported abroad by ships from Romanian ports. Both sides of the bridge can be video recorded with all vehicles being checked realtime and videos can be shared realtime from internet so no weapons transfer is proven. In that case no reason would be left for Russia to attack the bridge by cruise missiles or similar.
LOL, it's just as optimist as hoping Erdogan to stop murdering Kurds...

Himars could hit key positions but they would be low in numbers. Especially in eastern warzone they dont have air cover and after they are detected by counter battery radar systems air strikes can take them out if they are in low numbers and not used in shoot and scoot mode they would be very vulnurable there. Their current howitzer artillery is also getting targeted continiously. In kherson region Russia does not have air superiority and the air is defended better these can still be used there.
They need artillery in numbers and the cheapest artillery is home made rockets. Ukranians instead of demanding weapons from abroad can imrpove their home production capability of rockets that is making underground production centers for 15-20km range rockets with fertilizer based explosives , rpgs, grenades even quad drones to deploy those grenades. These are not high tech equipment and can be produced pretty easily.
HiMARS can be loaded with AMRAAM, therefore being used as a SAM system too...

HiMARS can be loaded with AMRAAM, therefore being used as a SAM system too...
Yes but amraam if used from ground can't reach high altitudes. Against cruise missiles like if used in western regions would be effective in that configuration. But longer range mlrs if detected would be targeted by Tu-22 bombers or similar from 10km altitude without taking much risk.

Yes but amraam if used from ground can't reach high altitudes. Against cruise missiles like if used in western regions would be effective in that configuration. But longer range mlrs if detected would be targeted by Tu-22 bombers or similar from 10km altitude without taking much risk.
I doubt T-22 are circling above Ukraine providing air cover. Seems to me Russias air superiority is limited to russian controlled areas.

I doubt T-22 are circling above Ukraine providing air cover. Seems to me Russias air superiority is limited to russian controlled areas.

Eastern parts there is not much Ukranian sam coverage but manpads for low altitudes. They sometimes work for helicopters, orlan drones, Su 25 unguided low altitude runs but they can't reach high like larger drones, Su 34 or Tu-bombers. Even if they put a radar in eastern regions it can be detected easier than western parts of Ukraine by Russian elint systems and targeted by Ru aircraft-cruise missiles or long range mlrs. Ukraine can't use interceptors much like their Mig 29s in eastern regions. They also don't have medium altitude smaller mobile systems like Tor that can be deployed to frontlines.

Eastern parts there is not much Ukranian sam coverage but manpads for low altitudes. They sometimes work for helicopters, orlan drones, Su 25 unguided low altitude runs but they can't reach high like larger drones, Su 34 or Tu-bombers. Even if they put a radar in eastern regions it can be detected easier than western parts of Ukraine by Russian elint systems and targeted by Ru aircraft-cruise missiles or long range mlrs. Ukraine can't use interceptors much like their Mig 29s in eastern regions. They also don't have medium altitude smaller mobile systems like Tor that can be deployed to frontlines.
I mostly agree with you. But I dont think the russian air force is going to carry out attacks behind ukrainian lines. So far the russian choice has been long range missiles of various precision. I think Russia lacks the ability or resources to carry out high altitude precision bombing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom