What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well whatever they can give them, it would help hit Kupiansk as well as well as Melitopol which I mentioned before, providing air support as well as bringing in supplies. Maybe even collaborate with Ukraine building their own truck type HIMARS system since they have Grads and Smerch so they know how to build them perhaps. Also good time for them to rebuild their war factories in safer areas like in Western and Middle of Ukraine and hidden well. I've seen videos of them building their own body armor and repairing capture Russian vehicles. Maybe they can still build their own helmets and small arms. I know they have that bullpup rifle. But in any case whatever number of body armor and helmets they need to equip the hundreds of thousands of Territorial troops and other units to make up the shortage by the West.

Even 100 Paladins would help and should send in the older M198 howitzers to compensate for low number of Paladins. With hundreds of M198s, it could provide the artillery support from moon shape frontline from Kherson to Kharkiv. Not to mention provide M113 APCs with 120mm mortars, lots of mortars for long range. Also provide American type DJI drones, I heard China is helping the Russians tracking the usage of drones by the Ukrainians. Need to give Ukrainians the materials to build their own drones.

Anything would help Kupiansk, but have to admit, this is not going to be an easy fight, chances are high, given if there are no change on Russia side (ie, they are not stacking up another 100 BTG somewhere to counter attack) but no intel suggest so at least at this moment.

The problem for the Russian is that they are stopped at the Don River, the previous attempt trying to cross that did not end very well for the Russian, which mean they are going to be stuck there until they are managed to cross. Which is going to be in the next few day, on the other hand, the same time frame we would have seen the Ukrainian having a go at Kupiansk. So I think the entire war in Donbas would anchor on who made their objective first. Mind you, even if Russian manage to cross, they will still need to link up with the force in the East and South to be able to do something, while Ukrainian, even if they failed to take Kupiansk, they can still place artillery in range to hamper the logistic effort.

As for whether or not the West will help Ukraine making their own truck base MLRS. I think that is not really possible at this point, maybe some time after they restart their industry base and move everything closer to Poland, yes, but at this point, this is going to be overshadow by the need of those equipment online as soon as possible, and nothing quicker than just send them direct from Western Stock.

100 Paladin would of course help, but this is not going to be enough, have done a battlefield assessment when I was overthere, seeing what I have seen, I would say they need 2500-3000 artillery piece, now even if we discount the one they lost in battle is less than 1500. they need a lot more to push the Russian back. On the other hand, diverted too much on their combat platform would create logistic and maintenance issue (They are using 2S9, 2S19, 2S22 (the new 155 SPG), PzH2000, Caesar, BM-21, BM-30, RM-70, M270 MLRS) that is going to create an hassle so the more different platform are probably not the solution in long term, in the long term, they are going to need to consolidate it into some formation of equipment, which mean they are probably going to stick with one supplier, and that would mean they should have their own stuff with western help, but that is probably after this war ended.

M198 are good and in good number, but they are hard to transfer and set up, I think US can give enough M198 to Ukraine to make a different but they aren't as easy to transport as M777, which is the reason why they send M777 first. It will take months to take deliver of M198.

Russia conversational army is weakened there is little to no risk. However what happens if Putin suffers defeat, runs amok and uses nukes?
there will then be no russia, it will only be a rumour.

What contribution did Greece ever made to build a country ? Your country itself is bailed out by EU many times and here you are riding on high horse as you are the savior of humanity.

Greece build Europe. 🙂👍

Greece destroyed Persia and protected Europe from barbarian hordes.

Where is he claiming to have masterminded the attacks of September 11, 2001?
Osama bin Laden does not need to be the operational commander of a specific event. This particular issue have been debated before and that argument have been found weak.

I'm blind or ignorant, professional journalists from some of the west's most famed mainstream media are blind or ignorant, of course.
You have less than one second to determine if this is a combatant or non-combatant.

jFBGorX.jpg

Not only that. You are stressed, your vision is diminished, and you are under attack.

Back in WW II, JPN said its army conducted 'strategic withdrawals'. Here, the Russian Army is doing the same with the addition that the withdrawal is out of humanitarian concerns. So if Russia ultimately lose or stalemated it was because the Russian Army was too humane.
Nah, Russian is not withdrawing. Russian is in a rout.

Withdrawing is when you trade space with time, you trade you location, defend it with rear guard action and try to stall as long as possible so you can pull more troop out. Ukrainian withdrawn from East of Don is an withdrawal, they traded space with time, they stall the area around Popasna, Rubizhne, Kremlinina.

This is not the same as they just abandoning their position and flood back into Russian border....

Osama bin Laden does not need to be the operational commander of a specific event. This particular issue have been debated before and that argument have been found weak.

Subjective opinion.

You have less than one second to determine if this is a combatant or non-combatant.

jFBGorX.jpg

Not only that. You are stressed, your vision is diminished, and you are under attack.

They had more than a second, weren't under attack and judging from their laughs and calm tone, they weren't much stressed.

Last edited:
Subjective opinion.
And plenty agreed.

They had more than a second, weren't under attack and judging from their laughs and relaxed tone, they weren't stressed.
That is not the point, which is that in combat, generally, it is difficult to discern combatants from non-combatants. That is why the Geneva Convention have requirements for both. Technically, the terms are 'combatants' and 'non-combatants'. Civilians can be combatants. Each case of suspected war crime must be investigated under certain established procedures, not by ad-hoc videos.

Where is he claiming to have masterminded the attacks of September 11, 2001?

I'm blind or ignorant, professional journalists from some of the west's most famed mainstream media are blind or ignorant, of course.
LOL!

"Before I begin, I say to you that security is an indispensable pillar of human life and that free men do not forfeit their security, contrary to Bush’s claim that we hate freedom.

If so, then let him explain to us why we don’t strike for example – Sweden? And we know that freedom-haters don’t possess defiant spirits like those of the 19 – may Allah have mercy on them.

No, we fight because we are free men who don’t sleep under oppression. We want to restore freedom to our nation, just as you lay waste to our nation. So shall we lay waste to yours.

No one except a dumb thief plays with the security of others and then makes himself believe he will be secure. Whereas thinking people, when disaster strikes, make it their priority to look for its causes, in order to prevent it happening again.

But I am amazed at you. Even though we are in the fourth year after the events of September 11th, Bush is still engaged in distortion, deception and hiding from you the real causes. And thus, the reasons are still there for a repeat of what occurred.

So I shall talk to you about the story behind those events and shall tell you truthfully about the moments in which the decision was taken, for you to consider.

I say to you, Allah knows that it had never occurred to us to strike the towers. But after it became unbearable and we witnessed the oppression and tyranny of the American/Israeli coalition against our people in Palestine and Lebanon, it came to my mind.

The events that affected my soul in a direct way started in 1982 when America permitted the Israelis to invade Lebanon and the American Sixth Fleet helped them in that. This bombardment began and many were killed and injured and others were terrorised and displaced."

"And as I looked at those demolished towers in Lebanon, it entered my mind that we should punish the oppressor in kind and that we should destroy towers in America in order that they taste some of what we tasted and so that they be deterred from killing our women and children.

And that day, it was confirmed to me that oppression and the intentional killing of innocent women and children is a deliberate American policy. Destruction is freedom and democracy, while resistance is terrorism and intolerance.

This means the oppressing and embargoing to death of millions as Bush Sr did in Iraq in the greatest mass slaughter of children mankind has ever known, and it means the throwing of millions of pounds of bombs and explosives at millions of children – also in Iraq – as Bush Jr did, in order to remove an old agent and replace him with a new puppet to assist in the pilfering of Iraq’s oil and other outrages.

So with these images and their like as their background, the events of September 11th came as a reply to those great wrongs, should a man be blamed for defending his sanctuary?

Is defending oneself and punishing the aggressor in kind, objectionable terrorism? If it is such, then it is unavoidable for us.

This is the message which I sought to communicate to you in word and deed, repeatedly, for years before September 11th.

And you can read this, if you wish, in my interview with Scott in Time Magazine in 1996, or with Peter Arnett on CNN in 1997, or my meeting with John Weiner in 1998.

You can observe it practically, if you wish, in Kenya and Tanzania and in Aden. And you can read it in my interview with Abdul Bari Atwan, as well as my interviews with Robert Fisk.

The latter is one of your compatriots and co-religionists and I consider him to be neutral. So are the pretenders of freedom at the White House and the channels controlled by them able to run an interview with him? So that he may relay to the American people what he has understood from us to be the reasons for our fight against you?"

And plenty agreed.

Plenty don't buy into the official narrative about the 9-11 attacks.

That is not the point, which is that in combat, generally, it is difficult to discern combatants from non-combatants. That is why the Geneva Convention have requirements for both. Technically, the terms are 'combatants' and 'non-combatants'. Civilians can be combatants. Each case of suspected war crime must be investigated under certain established procedures, not by ad-hoc videos.

Tell that the user who challenged us to present a video of US forces firing at peaceful civilians. This said, videos can indeed document war crimes.

Last edited:
I dare you to produce a single video of a peaceful individual killed like this.

I am pretty sure you will produce videos of people killed after they or others in the vicinity has engaged in combat or otherwise acted in a threatening way.
come on, almost every video of Palestine is a snuff film where Israelis murder Palestinian civilians for sport. we have all seen this.

This is irrelevant to Ukraine. there are other threads for this.

LOL!

"Before I begin, I say to you that security is an indispensable pillar of human life and that free men do not forfeit their security, contrary to Bush’s claim that we hate freedom.

If so, then let him explain to us why we don’t strike for example – Sweden? And we know that freedom-haters don’t possess defiant spirits like those of the 19 – may Allah have mercy on them.

No, we fight because we are free men who don’t sleep under oppression. We want to restore freedom to our nation, just as you lay waste to our nation. So shall we lay waste to yours.

No one except a dumb thief plays with the security of others and then makes himself believe he will be secure. Whereas thinking people, when disaster strikes, make it their priority to look for its causes, in order to prevent it happening again.

But I am amazed at you. Even though we are in the fourth year after the events of September 11th, Bush is still engaged in distortion, deception and hiding from you the real causes. And thus, the reasons are still there for a repeat of what occurred.

So I shall talk to you about the story behind those events and shall tell you truthfully about the moments in which the decision was taken, for you to consider.

I say to you, Allah knows that it had never occurred to us to strike the towers. But after it became unbearable and we witnessed the oppression and tyranny of the American/Israeli coalition against our people in Palestine and Lebanon, it came to my mind.

The events that affected my soul in a direct way started in 1982 when America permitted the Israelis to invade Lebanon and the American Sixth Fleet helped them in that. This bombardment began and many were killed and injured and others were terrorised and displaced."

"And as I looked at those demolished towers in Lebanon, it entered my mind that we should punish the oppressor in kind and that we should destroy towers in America in order that they taste some of what we tasted and so that they be deterred from killing our women and children.

And that day, it was confirmed to me that oppression and the intentional killing of innocent women and children is a deliberate American policy. Destruction is freedom and democracy, while resistance is terrorism and intolerance.

This means the oppressing and embargoing to death of millions as Bush Sr did in Iraq in the greatest mass slaughter of children mankind has ever known, and it means the throwing of millions of pounds of bombs and explosives at millions of children – also in Iraq – as Bush Jr did, in order to remove an old agent and replace him with a new puppet to assist in the pilfering of Iraq’s oil and other outrages.

So with these images and their like as their background, the events of September 11th came as a reply to those great wrongs, should a man be blamed for defending his sanctuary?

Is defending oneself and punishing the aggressor in kind, objectionable terrorism? If it is such, then it is unavoidable for us.

This is the message which I sought to communicate to you in word and deed, repeatedly, for years before September 11th.

And you can read this, if you wish, in my interview with Scott in Time Magazine in 1996, or with Peter Arnett on CNN in 1997, or my meeting with John Weiner in 1998.

You can observe it practically, if you wish, in Kenya and Tanzania and in Aden. And you can read it in my interview with Abdul Bari Atwan, as well as my interviews with Robert Fisk.

The latter is one of your compatriots and co-religionists and I consider him to be neutral. So are the pretenders of freedom at the White House and the channels controlled by them able to run an interview with him? So that he may relay to the American people what he has understood from us to be the reasons for our fight against you?"

Can't discern any confession of having planned let alone masterminded the event in there.

He's basically saying he considers the attacks to have been "inevitable" (and giving reasons for why he thinks so). And claiming that "they" cannot but "punish the aggressors in kind" - potentially referring to any more or less defined group he considers himself to be part of (Muslims in general, Al-Qaeda, fighters ideologically aligned with him who may or may not have links to his organization etc).

All of which is too vague and polysemous to be considered as a proper admission.

Plus as said, none of this implies that people like him weren't being manipulated by higher ups in western intelligence services.

Last edited:
Plenty don't buy into the official narrative on the 9-11 attacks.
So stale it could be used for salad croutons.

Tell that to the user who challenged to present a video of US forces firing at peaceful civilians. This said, videos can indeed document war crimes.
Someone made this a long time ago...

FGbdzqc.jpg

...It was meant as a joke, but the intention was clear, that in combat, it is not easy to distinguish out combatants and non-combatants. Am USAF, F-111 Cold War, then F-16 Desert Storm. When I got orders to deploy to Desert Storm, we had an hour long briefing on the 'high possibility' that the Iraqi Army WILL use human shields, or change uniforms, or even discard their uniforms and embeds among Kuwaiti civilians. And that if in support of allied ground forces we received orders to attack certain targets under their guidance, we had to trust their judgement that they have done their due investigation, as best they can, under the worst of combat conditions. But one thing that stuck out among the air force people, that it was so automatic to presume that the Iraqi Army would have this tactic in their doctrine.

Anything would help Kupiansk, but have to admit, this is not going to be an easy fight, chances are high, given if there are no change on Russia side (ie, they are not stacking up another 100 BTG somewhere to counter attack) but no intel suggest so at least at this moment.

Russians retreating from Kharkiv is very telling, they didn't have enough men to reinforce or those troops were not motivated to stay. Read the Russians are going to use troops from Syria to make up the losses.
The problem for the Russian is that they are stopped at the Don River, the previous attempt trying to cross that did not end very well for the Russian, which mean they are going to be stuck there until they are managed to cross. Which is going to be in the next few day, on the other hand, the same time frame we would have seen the Ukrainian having a go at Kupiansk. So I think the entire war in Donbas would anchor on who made their objective first. Mind you, even if Russian manage to cross, they will still need to link up with the force in the East and South to be able to do something, while Ukrainian, even if they failed to take Kupiansk, they can still place artillery in range to hamper the logistic effort.

Yep, Kupiansk and Melitopol are the primary targets in the eastern and southern fronts.
As for whether or not the West will help Ukraine making their own truck base MLRS. I think that is not really possible at this point, maybe some time after they restart their industry base and move everything closer to Poland, yes, but at this point, this is going to be overshadow by the need of those equipment online as soon as possible, and nothing quicker than just send them direct from Western Stock.

100 Paladin would of course help, but this is not going to be enough, have done a battlefield assessment when I was overthere, seeing what I have seen, I would say they need 2500-3000 artillery piece, now even if we discount the one they lost in battle is less than 1500. they need a lot more to push the Russian back. On the other hand, diverted too much on their combat platform would create logistic and maintenance issue (They are using 2S9, 2S19, 2S22 (the new 155 SPG), PzH2000, Caesar, BM-21, BM-30, RM-70, M270 MLRS) that is going to create an hassle so the more different platform are probably not the solution in long term, in the long term, they are going to need to consolidate it into some formation of equipment, which mean they are probably going to stick with one supplier, and that would mean they should have their own stuff with western help, but that is probably after this war ended.

M198 are good and in good number, but they are hard to transfer and set up, I think US can give enough M198 to Ukraine to make a different but they aren't as easy to transport as M777, which is the reason why they send M777 first. It will take months to take deliver of M198.
Still don't know how long this war will last, so better to get a look at those M198s and put them on a ship now and deliver them across the ocean while training the crews for it. By that time, they be ready. Can't have that mentality on the Ukrainians that it would take too long for them to learn it.

Last edited:
Ah yes this thread - 😂also @PakFactor thank you for tagging me in your recent post. Interesting read.

Welcome bhai.

The truth is always in between. However, for “the rest” they need to walk there own path with a stick to inflict damage for the wrongs done. I’m a political realist and a Pakistani Nationalist, I want Pakistanis to learn how to manipulate worldly events to protect the homeland even if it means others elsewhere will die, human emotions can’t dictate national security. As you can see why I’m not effected by this conflict, but we must learn from it deeply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom