What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks

lol, had a talk with some TDF guy when I was outside Bucha, there were a tank graveyard where there are all those Russian tank that got destroyed was tow there waiting to be dispose. The guy in charge of that operation joke that they can build an empire state building from the Steel recycle from those wreck.......

I was there training one of their TDF rotation. And I also teaches some UA guys a trick or two about Military Intelligence.
Yeah good to see you back and in good health. It's amazing to see someone from the forums actually going to Ukraine and doing something worthwhile to help out, it's a great thing you've done. The rest of us keyboard warriors (with a couple of possible exceptions) can only admire from a distance and put a few words on a forum to support (Russia cheerleaders aside).

Was there much chatter about the Moskva sinking, did it help with morale?

In the same way YOU are making a judgement on the Russian military based purely on ONE account of Ukraine?! :rofl:
If I am willing to call the VKS sucks just from this one war, then why are you so reluctant to call the US military 'loser' after several wars? :lol:

Speaking of the devil:

In the news just now:

View attachment 843264

Turkey, Kazakhstan agree on 'enhanced strategic partnership'

Kazakhstani president ran to Ankara asking for a Turkish base...
That would be awesome. But ti wont happen. Russia would invade the same day.

True, Russians advancing at a turtle speed, while Ukrainians not taking back any position

Looks like this war will last forever ....
This is true only if you live in an alternate russian reality.

The US way of getting rid of Saddam was a way to get rid of an awful dictator.
The current Iraqi government is mostly friendly with Iran, which is to be expected from a predominantly Shia population. The US is not going to war against this government. It is providing support against Sunni Islamists.
Whether Saddam is good bad or whether zelenski is good or bad is not under the microscope. It's the blatant hypocrisy of the west.

The Shias killed tens of thousand of Sunnis after Second Iraq War. All while the US looked the other way. Sunnis are still being opressed in Iraq today. Is the US gonna implement a new no-fly zone soon?

Wanna know the real reason behind Second Iraq War? The US simply wanted to make an example of a country by throwing it against a wall and showing the world who is the boss. Afghanistan was too small and had no real coventional Army. The Taliban went guerilla mode immidiately after the war.

Rumsfeld and Cheney reasoned that Afghanistan was a too easy target and did not send the message USA wanted to. Iraq was the perfect country for that. It had a coventional Army that was one of the strongest in arab world, atleast on paper.

Read the Leeden doctrine.
named after neoconservative historian Michael Ledeen. The “doctrine” states:
“Every ten years or so, the United States needs to pick up some small crappy little country and throw it against the wall, just to show the world we mean business.”

Basically just bully tactics
And Sunnis killed tens of thousands of Shia.
The US did not ”look away” but used diplomacy.
So you think the strongest Arab country is still a ”crappy little country”?

The US way of getting rid of Saddam was a way to get rid of an awful dictator.

Who gave you the right to regime change there ? To do that in Libya, Syria and Venezuela too ? Apart from trying to do that in Cuba and North Korea for more than a half a century now. You did that in Afghanistan in the 1980s and tried in Egypt during Nasser's time. The problem of NATO is it doesn't want to see leftist movements in governance especially in Muslim-majority societies. A late uncle of mine was in Iraq during Saddam's time and he told me that he liked it there.

I say the free people of the world should help the progressives in USA to achieve regime change there.

Yeah good to see you back and in good health. It's amazing to see someone from the forums actually going to Ukraine and doing something worthwhile to help out, it's a great thing you've done. The rest of us keyboard warriors (with a couple of possible exceptions) can only admire from a distance and put a few words on a forum to support (Russia cheerleaders aside).

Was there much chatter about the Moskva sinking, did it help with morale?
Thanks

Well, I don't know, Kyiv didn't felt like a warzone when I was there, sure, there were air and missile attack but it wasn't a sustained effort, it was like around 10 strike in 40 days that I was there. Even at places like Kharkiv (I was in the city center for one day) and down south near Dnipro, It didn't give you a sense that you are in a warzone, you are in constant danger. But you do see people who escape war and that face is something you probably will never forget.

As for Morale, Moskva was sunk when I was there for a week or so, I saw people jump up in joy and head to the street, they started kissing everybody, and I ask my terp what happened, and he told me the Ship that our border guard asked to go F themselves had F'ed themselves. And you can see how much of a boost when mural with the word ми можемо це зробити start being painted everywhere in Kyiv, in the bus stop, on the shop front or even at the middle of the road

ми можемо це зробити means We Can Do It.

Thats a very simplistic way of looking at it, This to me looks like a russian diversion. They weren't trying to cross the river, they were only trying to confuse the river and the ukranians. The Ukrainians foolishly wasted their missies on these vehicles while the real attack was happening somewhere else.

Basically, Putin singlehandedly achieve something NATO failed to achieve in the last 70 years in just 70 days.....Finland is now applying to join NATO.

And judging from the UK Swedish (and Finland of course) Defence Pact, we will expect the same thing with the Swede when they announce their intention on the 14th. Thank you Mr Putin, and my wife loses a bet, and she don't like to lose.

Last edited:
As I said many time before, time for the West to talk is gone, if Putin want to escalate, we need to escalate by doing more than him. We should have closed off Black Sea or may even be putting up No Fly Zone to dare the Russia to have a go at us. That way Putin knows his challenge will be met and then some. We should not be fear of dragging ourselves into war, but then most of the people in the US or Australia did not think like me.
West calculates it is not necessary as long as russia is getting happened. If they Strat winning. the west will be more and more involved and will enter into a shooting war with russia. The west has drawn the line I think.

West calculates it is not necessary as long as russia is getting happened. If they Strat winning. the west will be more and more involved and will enter into a shooting war with russia. The west has drawn the line I think.
Well, what I see is, this is exactly the problem here. The "Would they? Will They?"

I mean, if this is a prime time rom-com, that kind of relationship is something we all watch, not when you are dealing with matter on National and International Security level. These type of "We would act only if they have the advantage" is not going to be deterrent enough for Putin or a run of the mill dictator think twice before their next misadventure. If I was Biden, I will probably enforce a no fly zone last November when Russian is stacking on Ukrainian border, it is within their right to do it if Zelenskyy asked for one. That way, it deter Russian from attacking by taking their Air Support out.

In reality, what we actually did was keep saying Russia is going to invade and keep saying if they invade and we will do X, Y and Z. None of which put NATO in direct confrontation to the Russian. I am not asking for a war, I am saying if they had done more to call the Russian bluff, this war probably not going to start to begin with.

If I am willing to call the VKS sucks just from this one war, then why are you so reluctant to call the US military 'loser' after several wars? :lol:
Because you don't understand nuance and context, and reality isn't as simple as 'bad' guy wears black vs 'good' guy wears white Hollywood propaganda :laughcry: Militaries have their strengths and weaknesses. Even the US intelligence community is now openly stating that the war in Ukraine has reached a stalemate, and it appears neither side can achieve outright victory (based on their relative objectives). If you don't understand the finer details of warfare, not my problem, go get an education. :omghaha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom