What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turks are Muslims and when they captured Jerusalem they immediately started to repress Christians.
That justified the Crusades.

The West does not demonize Russian athletes, it simply does not allow Russia to be represented on the world stages.

You are talking about justification as the West is the only party to blame and ignore the development of the human rights concept during the 20th century, mostly driven by people in the West.

Do you justify the million European slaves that Muslims captured and sold over the centuries?
Muslim pirates went as far north as Iceland.
Does you justify Muslim armies in France and Austria,
Does you justify the Muslim massacres of POWs after the Battle of Hattin?
The fact is that Muslims have a historical record which is not much different from that of the West.
If it was their Muslim faith that governed why they did that then why didnt previous Muslim dynaties do the same? So their ethnicity has to be called into question, as opposed to just their faitth. Furthermore, they were at war with Byzantium, therefore nobody can expect favourable treatment until treaties are signed. Basic stuff. The Crusades happened when Alexios I begged the Latin Church to send their military to help fight, otherwise the western church never made pilgrimage to the Holy Land, as it was all about the Vatican, and would never have made the journey. Again basic stuff. However, none of that justifies the Crusades.

Yes they do demonise Russian athletes because they arent even allowed to complete as independent and the censorship has gone beyond Putin and gone into Russian culture, which is inherently fascist and racist. Sooner you accept this the less delusional you will appear.

Human rights is not a western construct and the west themselves have contributed a lot to its degradation, only to then regret what they had done and virtue signal some human rights bills or laws into existance (which are seldomly used when it doesn't fit their national interest).

Yes Muslim slaves lived better than Western freemen, cloathed and fed as per sharia law. Western slaves were systematically raped, tortured and killed, which would amount to capital punishment according to sharia law. Comparing berber pirates to the main body of Muslims would be like me comparing Ku Klux Klan to western civilisation, you'd be the first to cry foul if anyone did that.

Muslims conducted slavery during a time when slavery was the norm, to complain about that shows hypocrisy and fallacy of presentism. No Muslim nation has slaves any more so it's a moot point. Regarding the Muslim retaliation to the countless massacres by Crusaders, then that is justified. We believe in eye for an eye so the Muslims had to teach the blood thirsty Latin crusaders that their massacres will eventually catch up with them. Those who were killed at Hattin were the combatant captives, not the Christian populations. The Crusaders would massacre entire towns of people, men women and children. How dare you compare the two! Muslims and the west are chalk and cheese when it comes to spilling blood im afraid, the West as expected excels in that too!

The question is, did we invade Cuba?

No because you didnt have to as both Soviet and Cuba backed off, and a deal was reached between US and Soviet.

Did the US and Ukraine back off ?
The problem is, we are not talking about diplomatic crisis here, which is what "Cuban Missile Crisis" was. We are talking about a full blown war.

A full blown war was prevented by the Soviet backing off. Kudos to them and Kruschev.

Also, have it ever occurred to you why Soviet Union or Russia did not try the same tricks again? There are order for everything, you don't like the order does not mean you can break rank and invade someone, and when you do, you cannot fault other people from seeing you as a threat

Agree, thats why balace of terror and balance of power is neccesary in order to prevent full blown war between military great powers like US and Russia.

It is the US who broke the balance of power and pushed its forces on the doorstep of Russia. Not the other way. We are leaving out discussions about capabilities to do so just for the sale of a fruitful discussion.

. I am pretty sure if US invaded Cuba back then it will push more Latin America into Soviet Camp, that's why US did not invade

US did not invade but did a lot regime change all over Latin America. Many of them quite bloody like Nicaragua, Honduras and Chile.

Youre coveniantly leaving out US wars against Mexico and ouright annexation of 50% of Mexican territory. US also went to war against Canada in order to annex territories but simply got beaten by the Canadians.

Last edited:
The Crusades happened when Alexios I begged the Latin Church to send their military to help fight, otherwise the western church never made pilgrimage to the Holy Land, as it was all about the Vatican, and would never have made the journey. Again basic stuff. However, none of that justifies the Crusades.

The Crusades had nothing to do with Christianity or the Holy Land. It was a way to extend Papal legitmacy and power, creating a Frankish bridgehead in Levant and outright getting rid of unruly and problematic peasantry. There was even a childrens crusade, were most of them ended up being sold to slavery.

Richard Lionheart forexample was arrested when he arrived back in Europe and died after being humiliated by his own christian bethren.

lol, how much damage to Kyiv? After it had taken over 1000 missile/bomb over the last 72 days? Let me give you a hint, it's not much, as I said, I have just been there. You think 100 legacy cruise missile would make any different? First of all, not every missile you fire is going to hit their mark, it's 1 out of 4 missile if that is a US missile, and then there are some missile that is going to be intercepted. Which mean it left around 10-20% (If you are really good, not the case if you use legacy missile)

Are you deliberately trolling or are you just oblivious to civilians pains?

Ukraine is devastated and in ruin. Its empty of neccesary food, water and gasoline. Its bridges and highways are destryoed. For all practical purposes Ukraine has stopped functioning as normal state and is a failed state. Which is proven by Ukrainians leaving their own country by the millions.
Talking about "False Bravado" I am not the one that say "Russian can raise a million men army and trample Finland if they think anything stupid" That's false Bravado. I

How is that false bravado. Youre telling us that Russia is incapable to amass a several million strong Army if neccesary?
By all means i am willing to eat my own words if you can come up with a good argument on why it cant.

Thinking Finland can economically survive Russian cruise and ballistic missile attack is the real false bravado my friend.

No because you didnt have to as both Soviet and Cuba backed off, and a deal was reached between US and Soviet.

Did the US and Ukraine back off ?

A full blown war was prevented by the Soviet backing off. Kudos to them and Kruschev.
[/quote]

lol, I love how you think a full blown war was prevented by solely Soviet effort. Yeah, of course, no American effort was made to back off from war right? Just letting you know, if we want war, we got war. So no, this is NOT a soviet effort.
Agree, thats why balace of terror and balance of power is neccesary in order to prevent full blown war between military great powers like US and Russia.

It is the US who broke the balance of power and pushed its forces on the doorstep of Russia. Not the other way. We are leaving out discussions about capabilities to do so just for the sale of a fruitful discussion.
What force? Were it US force in Ukraine? Were there US missile in Ukraine? Russia are saying "They can" host while disregarding the fact that US and NATO rejected Ukrainian NATO membership twice.

Again, we could have post troop in Russian doorstep REGARDLESS, we can put it in Alaska, we can put it on Latvia and Estonia, and we could put it on Turkey if we want to break the agreement not to militarize Russian Border, so no, Russian invasion is NOT an act of balance, it might have been toward Russia, but not literally for anyone else.

The balance of power were broken by the Russian by physically invading Ukraine.
US did not invade but did a lot regime change all over Latin America. Many of them quite bloody like Nicaragua, Honduras and Chile.

Youre coveniantly leaving out US wars against Mexico and ouright annexation of 50% of Mexican territory. US also went to war against Canada in order to annex territories but simply got beaten by the Canadians.
Again, you are comparing a Physical invasion to regime change. One thing is not the same as the other

And lol, if you have to go back and talk about war of 1812, or Mexican American war in 1840, why not talking about Russia war with Persia, or Russia war with the Kingdom of Sweden? How do you think Russian gain control of the Caucasus.

Two wrong does not make one right, especially the "wrong" you are mentioning in from 100 years ago, that was a different world back then.

To ignore Roman, Greek and later Latin contribution to western civilisation, or to refuse to class them as western, really shown you're only arguing for the sake of arguing.

Thats what you got wrong. No one here is ignoring the Greek and Roman contribution. Quite contrary. But still the Western civillization is not the same as the Classical civilization. As simple as that.

Are you deliberately trolling or are you just oblivious to civilians pains?

Ukraine is devastated and in ruin. Its empty of neccesary food, water and gasoline. Its bridges and highways are destryoed. For all practical purposes Ukraine has stopped functioning as normal state and is a failed state. Which is proven by Ukrainians leaving their own country by the millions.
lol, I can tell you where I have been is not the case, you may have think a lot of destruction in Kyiv, or even Mykolaiv, It wasn't, when I was there in April, it was business as usual, you can still go and have a cup of Joe, even with area like Irpin and Bucha, those place are coming back to life. The only place that were totally destroyed is Mariupol.

And lol, you probably do not know millions of Ukrainian went back home already. Probably more than the number of Russian left after the West Sanction.

Again, I have been there just last week, were you??

How is that false bravado. Youre telling us that Russia is incapable to amass a several million strong Army if neccesary?
By all means i am willing to eat my own words if you can come up with a good argument on why it cant.

Thinking Finland can economically survive Russian cruise and ballistic missile attack is the real false bravado my friend.
Of course Russia can raise a millions dude with AK, but then what?

You are saying to raise an army, yet you have no idea how much resource to spend to arm an army? Do you know why we train the TDF in batch? When I was over there, it was the third batch and we are talking about hundred thousand in increment. You need to have suitable training and equipment to form an army, or what do you think how you are going to fight with? OR with what you are going to war with?

How many people do you think your mighty Russia can arm? Let me give you a hint in case you are as clueless as you appear to be, it take Russia approximately 8 months to put all the conscript in this war in places. I would imagine another 3 to 4 months in training. Which mean it take about a year to raise this combat force of 200,000 men, that is before this war, before sanction and then they perform REALLY badly. Now, how long do you think it will take to raise a million strong army?

Dude, it's not like what you say "They can raise a million strong army" if necessary, They can raise a million armed men in defence, but in no way they can raise a million strong expedition army.

And thinking of Ballistic Missile can destroy a economy is real false bravado, bordering ignorant, mi amigo.

Last edited:
.. after the Ukraine adventure, I don't think Russia has what it takes to surprise Finland any time soon :pop:

Armour is near useless in forests, and the strongest sides of Russian force is armour.

Airforce? PGMs? Jet fighters don't take territory. Though they can blow up your forces in these forests if they are found.

Finland has NASAMS.

Even if they will CAS you to death, CASing will be taxing with PGMs, or without PGMs because you need to waste 2/3 munitions to kill every infantry squad in the middle of nowhere.

I predict that even if PGMs will arrive to Russian airforce, Finnish Hornets have long range missiles, and modern radars. I want PDF readers to internalise why Finland chose to base its force on F-18 over F-16 like Western Europe did.

If they manage to hide their jets in time like Ukrainians did, they will be able to prevent RuAF from deep incursions for a long enough time for the West to back Finland.

Last edited:
Armour is near useless in forests, and the strongest sides of Russian force is armour.

Airforce? PGMs? Jet fighters don't take territory. Though they can blow up your forces in these forests if they are found.

Finland has NASAMS.

Even if they will CAS you to death, CASing will be taxing with PGMs, or without PGMs because you need to waste 2/3 munitions to kill every infantry squad in the middle of nowhere.

I predict that even if PGMs will arrive to Russian airforce, Finnish Hornets have long range missiles, and modern radars.

If they manage to hide their jets in time like Ukrainians did, they will be able to prevent RuAF from deep incursions for a long time for the West to back Finland.
The Russian Air Force will be running into the same problem they are running into the Ukrainian. The only different is Finland have more advance SAM and anti-Air system, the best system Ukrainian got is S-300.

There are no way Russia can perform a Precision strike inside Finland, they did not have dedicated forward deploy observer for that role (The dude on the ground holding a beam rider lighting up target) which mean they would have to depends on dumb bomb like they do in Ukraine. Which mean longer loitering time, which mean they get more chance to be shot down by either Finnish Jet, which is on par with Russian jet, or Finnish SAM.

And without Air Superiority like they do in Ukraine, any armour or combine arms thrust are not going to end well for the Russian.

lol, I can tell you where I have been is not the case, you may have think a lot of destruction in Kyiv, or even Mykolaiv, It wasn't, when I was there in April, it was business as usual, you can still go and have a cup of Joe, even with area like Irpin and Bucha, those place are coming back to life. The only place that were totally destroyed is Mariupol.

And lol, you probably do not know millions of Ukrainian went back home already. Probably more than the number of Russian left after the West Sanction.

Again, I have been there just last week, were you??

Of course Russia can raise a millions dude with AK, but then what?

You are saying to raise an army, yet you have no idea how much resource to spend to arm an army? Do you know why we train the TDF in batch? When I was over there, it was the third batch and we are talking about hundred thousand in increment. You need to have suitable training and equipment to form an army, or what do you think how you are going to fight with? OR with what you are going to war with?

How many people do you think your mighty Russia can arm? Let me give you a hint in case you are as clueless as you appear to be, it take Russia approximately 8 months to put all the conscript in this war in places. I would imagine another 3 to 4 months in training. Which mean it take about a year to raise this combat force of 200,000 men, that is before this war, before sanction and then they perform REALLY badly. Now, how long do you think it will take to raise a million strong army?

Dude, it's not like what you say "They can raise a million strong army" if necessary, They can raise a million armed men in defence, but in no way they can raise a million strong expedition army.

And thinking of Ballistic Missile can destroy a economy is real false bravado, bordering ignorant, mi amigo.

Lol you guys are living safely on the other side of the pond and talking about this and that country beating Russia, this and that way. Of course you do as the fighting and burning will not take place in your own neighborhood.

I have a colleague half Russian and half Ukrainian. Lost childhood friends and family members in Donbass. What did you Americans loose?! Really nothing. Sitting comfy in your chairs and creating war in Europe.

Goddamn your pleasant geography makes you incensitive to the pains of people outside of your country.

Boris warns Sweden and Finland must be free to decide whether to join NATO without 'threat of retaliation' as he delivers stark message to Putin on visit to the countries to sign historic security pacts​

Lol you guys are living safely on the other side of the pond and talking about this and that country beating Russia, this and that way. Of course you do as the fighting and burning will not take place in your own neighborhood.

I have a colleague half Russian and half Ukrainian. Lost childhood friends and family members in Donbass. What did you Americans loose?! Really nothing. Sitting comfy in your chairs and creating war in Europe.

Goddamn your pleasant geography makes you incensitive to the pains of people outside of your country.
Did I mentioned that I WAS IN KYIV for almost the entire April??

The commander of the 95th Air Assault Brigade (The defender of Kyiv) is a VERY GOOD FRIEND OF MINE, I was invited by him to train the Territorial Defence Force in Kyiv and I have fought with him in Iraq when he was a Captain. I know multiple people living in Ukraine that fled the war in first day, I know enough people from both side of the aisle to know what both side feel. Hell, i even dated an Ukrainian once.

So, no, it was YOU who sitting comfy at your own home and talk about how a country invade another country and then blame the country that being invaded. If you want to blame Ukraine, go fight with Russia, I am pretty sure you will meet some the the guy I trained. Otherwise, don't sit here and pretend you know shit about Ukraine from the "Colleague" of yours.

And without Air Superiority like they do in Ukraine, any armour or combine arms thrust are not going to end well for the Russian.

Lets talk about the future, the question is now not whether the next Russian adventure will be, but when.

One we now know for sure, Russians keep betting on very risky adventures every 3-4 years regardless of the reality on the ground.

People now say that punching Pussolini in the face now will set them back for a long time. It's damn wrong. The timeline for them will only accelerate.

Defence people in the West still don't get the logic of regimes like China, or Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom