What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
That certainly sounds like a war zone to me m8,or an urban one at least.

Maybe the op below was meaning a different chicago,....maybe chicago vietnam....? :sarcastic:
Chicago police is no joke.
Russia fire 100 legacy cruise missiles (Yakhont etc.) and destroy critical infrastructure in Finland, ruining its economy. What is Finland gonna do?

Youre still missing my point.
Finland is capable of giving Russia a bloody nose, especially with NATO assitance in some form or another. We all know that. But the reality still remain; Finlands economy is destroyed.

I am arguing for policies that prevent war. Youre arguing for policies that may or may not make Finland win a war with Russia, which regardless will make Finland a war torn wasteland. See the difference?

Why are you guys so keen on fighting Russia on its smaller neighbors soil? Why arent you Americans fighting Russia directly if youre so frikkin brave. Getting on my nerves with all that false bravado.

Lol who are we trying to kid here.
You know there was a crisis during the 1960s when the entire world was on the brink of full blown nuclear holocaust. Because the US couldnt tolerate Soviet nuclear weapon 200 km off its southern coast.
It’s not Russia. There is no problem with. The problem is Putin. The people in Finland don’t trust Putin. Nobody in Europe trust Putin. As long as Putin is in power or alive there will be no peace nor normalization. As one German politician puts it, he was German ambassador to Russia: Putin came and turned the chess table upside down. The chess game as we know it does not exist anymore. It’s now Putin game.

Russia fire 100 legacy cruise missiles (Yakhont etc.) and destroy critical infrastructure in Finland, ruining its economy. What is Finland gonna do?

Youre still missing my point.
Finland is capable of giving Russia a bloody nose, especially with NATO assitance in some form or another. We all know that. But the reality still remain; Finlands economy is destroyed.

I am arguing for policies that prevent war. Youre arguing for policies that may or may not make Finland win a war with Russia, which regardless will make Finland a war torn wasteland. See the difference?

Why are you guys so keen on fighting Russia on its smaller neighbors soil? Why arent you Americans fighting Russia directly if youre so frikkin brave. Getting on my nerves with all that false bravado.

You know there was a crisis during the 1960s when the entire world was on the brink of full blown nuclear holocaust. Because the US couldnt tolerate Soviet nuclear weapon 200 km off its southern coast.

War in Finland = Winter War II

FYI, Finland has a lot of forest...

Even with their tiny population, they can stall Russians for even longer than Ukrainians if they can withstand the initial shock.

The question is, did we invade Cuba?

Another question is, what if US put Nuclear Missile in Estonia or Lativa? One thing US can't tolerate something, you try to subverts a country because of that. The problem is, we are not talking about diplomatic crisis here, which is what "Cuban Missile Crisis" was. We are talking about a full blown war.

Also, have it ever occurred to you why Soviet Union or Russia did not try the same tricks again? There are order for everything, you don't like the order does not mean you can break rank and invade someone, and when you do, you cannot fault other people from seeing you as a threat. I am pretty sure if US invaded Cuba back then it will push more Latin America into Soviet Camp, that's why US did not invade, and now you are saying Russia should have the right the invade and issue threat when other country see Russian invasion as a threat? Now who's kidding who??

War in Finland = Winter War II

FYI, Finland has a lot of forest...

Even with their tiny population, they can stall Russians for even longer than Ukrainians if they can withstand the initial shock.
.. after the Ukraine adventure, I don't think Russia has what it takes to surprise Finland any time soon :pop:

.. after the Ukraine adventure, I don't think Russia has what it takes to surprise Finland any time soon :pop:
Think the British intelligence is putting Russia back 6 years.

Which mean it will take 6 years to recover from the lost they suffer from Ukraine. And that did not put sanction into equation, conservative estimate that Russia military is 10 years away from their next adventure.

Even if Russia want to surprise Finland, they don't get anything now, they can't fight Finland and Ukraine at the same time.

Russias most advanced armata tank got cooked from a old Panzerfaust from 1941

Think the British intelligence is putting Russia back 6 years.

Which mean it will take 6 years to recover from the lost they suffer from Ukraine. And that did not put sanction into equation, conservative estimate that Russia military is 10 years away from their next adventure.

Even if Russia want to surprise Finland, they don't get anything now, they can't fight Finland and Ukraine at the same time.
Welcome back :cheers:

The west developed from the ruins of Rome. Rome borrowed their culture from Etruscans and Greeks, and also Phoeneicians and Egyptians.

In other words..Same same but different.

West in its core is a Germanic civilization. By that i mean ethno-culturally germanic. Mark the difference between german and germanic. French and English is germanic but not german. Irish are mostly celts i believe and neither germanic or german.

Tribes from the periphery of Roman Empire attacked and migrated into a declining Roman Europe. They adopted Roman costumes and culture, but to a large degree also retained their own ancestral tribal culture.

Thus Western civilization is NOT the same as Greco-Roman civilization, although the West is proud of its Classical heritage.
Lol the west isn't one race, it's an idea and a region of the globe, which Italy and Greece have always been a part of. You're playing around with words like "Germanic" and "Celt" yet they are all part of the same Indo-European language and have similar ways of living. "Same same but different" is code for "I dont know what I'm talking about so I'm going to just contradict myself" lol.

How do you think knowledge develops? You learn from others around you. Of course the Greeks and Romans learnt from the Mesopotamians, likewise the Germans learnt from Romans, albeit after nearly a millennia of dark ages and Muslim golden age which helped preserve the knowledge. To add to that, the western enlightenment wouldnt have happened if it werent for Italian and Spanisn polymaths studying this during the Renaissance. To ignore Roman, Greek and later Latin contribution to western civilisation, or to refuse to class them as western, really shown you're only arguing for the sake of arguing. Im not going to waste any more time trying to convince you that the sky is blue.

Sovereign in name only. De Facto Iraq was occupied by the coalition force at least until 2011, a whole seven to eight years and over one million Iraqi deaths! And you just skipped the whole 4 years of ISIS rule in the country as a direct result of the de-establishment of Iraq as a functional country and government in the decade before.

So using your argument, if Russia ended up seizing current Ukrainian leaders, hang them, and then "transfer the power back" to the Ukrainians, then all will be well?

Terms can be twisted to suit one's narrative, but they are essentially the same.
The United States never questioned that Iraq was a sovereign nation. The US did not annex territory.
Most of those deaths were killed by Iraqis as Saddams cronies aka ISIS tried to regain power through terror, and Iran supported Shia militia responded in kind.
Saddam was not a legal ruler of Iraq and grabbed power in a military coup, and committed multiple crimes, for which he was hanged after an Iraqi trial. He was killed by the Iraqis, not by the Americans.

Russia has already annexed part of Ukraine and announced that Ukraine is to disappear.
While Ukraine has a significant corruption problem, that is none of Russias business, and there is nothing similar to Saddams brutal regime in Ukraine.

You do not have a similar situation.

Well, I don't want to generalize against 'westerners' as a group. There are good and bad people in every group. We can't hold ordinary westerners responsible for bad actions by their government, any more than we can hold an ordinary Muslim responsible for bad actions by extremist groups.
Well allow me to go ahead and generelise, then. Generelising is a facts of life, an essential tool that humans use to survive and can be proven by statistics and evidence. People's feelings become secondary. We also can hold the people responsible since they boast of voting these leaders in, as well as the fact the west is the first to demonise and attack civilians everytime they begin a war.

Just read the news. Biden is considering another USD 40 billion worth of arms to Ukraine.

I don't know what many average Americans would be thinking. Nothing allocated to save them the needy.

Statistics shown only 33 nations are supporting the US and NATO in their campaign against Russia. Meaning 1 in 6 of all the nations in the world. So the world Biden, Antony Blinkens, Lizz Truss, Jake Sullivan are talking is very small.

This included small states like Luxembourg, North Macedonia, Slovenia, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia.

Many cities in Asia has more people that those states.

The rest of the world which is 5/6 of thr 195 nations choose neutrality.

Deep State is panicking because Putin not only did he reject the US Dollar but because he demanded that anyone in the West who is buying oil, natural gas from Russia must do so in Rubles. To the Deep State, they see this as a blow against their hegemony. Therefore, they seem to be willing to throw every dime they can afford on this war.

China is also reportedly demanding from OPEC that they take Yuan instead of the USD for all hydrocarbon sales. This is what all of the noise about "containing China" is all about.

Don't know if this video was posted here before or not.. but... An analysis on the shortcomings of the VDV as a fighting force.... Criticism and Feedback is welcome... (Honestly something i would be expecting from this thread but what can I say)....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom