What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
The no-fly zones were established to protect minorities from Saddams genocidal attacks on Shias and Kurds.
Gulf War II is legally the same war as Gulf War I since there was no peace agreement, only a ceasefire in a war started by Iraq. A ceasefire holds as long as both sides are happy with the arrangement.

The invasion of Iraq resulted in the trial and hanging of the illegal coupmaker.
Iraq is now a sovereign country that elects its leaders.

Russia is invading Iraq to destroy the nation and annex its territory.

it aint the same thing.

Sovereign in name only. De Facto Iraq was occupied by the coalition force at least until 2011, a whole seven to eight years and over one million Iraqi deaths! And you just skipped the whole 4 years of ISIS rule in the country as a direct result of the de-establishment of Iraq as a functional country and government in the decade before.

So using your argument, if Russia ended up seizing current Ukrainian leaders, hang them, and then "transfer the power back" to the Ukrainians, then all will be well?

Terms can be twisted to suit one's narrative, but they are essentially the same.

Trump always acted tough and threated with sanctions everywhere he went, but implemented very few of them policies.

Biden OTOH masqerade as a humanitarian and tolerant, but in reality is a hardcore hawk. Russians got payback for supporting Trump i guess.

I totally agree with this. Trump also seeems to be a very war averse president.

I actually like Trump except for his action of banning visa for Muslims and moving US embassy to Jerusalem. But I think it's not his idea, it's Jared Kushner who influenced him for that.

Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. The Soviets were just as evil as the Nazis.
Thats right just as bad. Given a vote, most of europe then would have voted to live under hitler instead of Stalin. Its not the best choice but it was the only choice at the time.

Even if it is the AfD you don't want to listen to that five percent ? I thought you prided the West on being democratic ?
Now you support the AfD?

Russia’s plan envisions donbass, moldova and potentially the western balkans where they will support the serbs and their fanatical fascist ideas of a “greater serbia” at the expense of others. Bosnia is being defended in Ukraine right now.
So true, Ukranians are defending Bosnia, and all of europe right now. Had Ukraine fallen, I have no doubt the Serbs in Bosnia would have tried some sort of breaking away.

We know that Dodik (Leader of Bosnian serbs, and Bosnian president), got a few calls from Lavrov when this started and was probably told to "activate the plan", presumably for secession.

For once the Serbs have judged the situation correctly and have saved themselves by not carrying out such a plan. The serbs, having access to free press and freedom of speech can see that the Russians are totally F*&#ed. Thats the whole west is going to just destroy russia and anyone that acts as a russian puppet.

This is a good thing. We dont need this type of conflict and neither do the serbs. And may this continue, every year that passes we get stronger and they get weaker.

Levante is not arab. Arabs were as much invaders there as Romans.
Was it greek?

I don't trust the numbers from either side. What's amusing and interesting , though, is the failure on both sides during this war in their supposedly strong suit.

The Russians have disappointed in the military domain. The image of Russia as a military superpower now exists only because of 6000+ nuclear weapons and advanced missiles.

The West has disappointed in the media domain. The Western propaganda has been so amateurish, it's almost comparable to North Korean or Soviet era garbage. Few people outside the heavily censored Western countries buy their propaganda. I guess when you rely on censorship to silence the other side, one becomes lazy and slacks off with obviously staged videos.

I think the reason for this is there is a great awareness in the non-western world about western hypocrisy and their false propaganda over the last few decades.

The reasons for the Crusades was of course because the Muslims invaded Eastern Rome. Then the Muslims continued and tried to invade Western/Central Europe.

Of course, it was the government forces that committed the atrocities,
Yeah sure .

Dont understand what Finland is trying to achieve here. It has been peaceful and has not been attacked by neither Soviet or Russia ever since mutual understanding which came in effect after the WW2. During all those cold war days Soviet never attacked Finland.

But now Finland wants to be a part of NATO and risk becoming hot contested territory.
This is what you think.

If you have been in Finland for a long period of time, you would know they act peaceful but they are preparing for war for quite some time now, the amount of fortification build on top or underground would more or less be enough to accommodate the entire Finnish population to live underground, and they trained their reserve in the guise of civil protection force (like gun range every week). Just because they don't talk about it, that does not mean they don't worry about their neighbour to their East.

Problem is, Russia is attacking Ukrainian, the people most Russian called "Their Brother" and most Ukrainian have blood relative in Russia, and most people between the two country is connected. Yet, Russia is invading to look for a bigger piece of land for buffer. Now if they do that to their "Slavic Brothers" what would you think the Russian will do to the Finns? Don't forget Putin claim a lot of Finnish land as Russian land too.

Chicago must be a literal fvcking :guns:war zone:guns: then.:sarcastic:
Invasion_U_S_A-787115389-large.jpg
1,500 shootings per year in Chicago. Thats 4 per day.

Palestine, Anatolia and Constantinople were not Arab land.
Bringing up the Crusades in a thread about Russia and Ukraine is the original derailing.
Read history and ten come and tell us who started roman Arab wars

1,500 shootings per year in Chicago. Thats 4 per day.
Most Police department in the US have thousand of Body Protection equipment. Big department like LAPD would have 20-30,000 set of Personal Protection giving their department size (Think they have around 20000 officer), every police officer have plate carrier and ballistic helmet these day. Hell, I have had over 100 set of Body Armour and Helmet.

Also Illinois State Police does not have jurisdiction in Chicago, Chicago PD in charge of city of Chicago, and CPD is about 6-8 times the size of ISP

Dont understand what Finland is trying to achieve here. It has been peaceful and has not been attacked by neither Soviet or Russia ever since mutual understanding which came in effect after the WW2. During all those cold war days Soviet never attacked Finland.

But now Finland wants to be a part of NATO and risk becoming hot contested territory.

Hot air from Russia.

Do tell where do Russians get these soldiers to make Finland contested territory? Thei best soldiers are getting mauled in Ukraine and what they got left elsewhere is second rate.

This is what you think.

If you have been in Finland for a long period of time, you would know they act peaceful but they are preparing for war for quite some time now, the amount of fortification build on top or underground would more or less be enough to accommodate the entire Finnish population to live underground, and they trained their reserve in the guise of civil protection force (like gun range every week). Just because they don't talk about it, that does not mean they don't worry about their neighbour to their East.

Problem is, Russia is attacking Ukrainian, the people most Russian called "Their Brother" and most Ukrainian have blood relative in Russia, and most people between the two country is connected. Yet, Russia is invading to look for a bigger piece of land for buffer. Now if they do that to their "Slavic Brothers" what would you think the Russian will do to the Finns? Don't forget Putin claim a lot of Finnish land as Russian land too.

I know that. The Finns have strong defence forces, especially civil defence. Its our neigbor nordic nation after all.

Still, that dosent adress my previous point. By all respect Soviet in its heydays would have made mince meat of Finland, if it wanted to. But it left Finland alone. During all those peaceful years Finland grew economically and built a stable modern society.

Why do the Finns want to risk their fortunes for a non-existing threat? The Russians arent interested in conqouring Finland. Theyre happy with the current set-up where Finns are neutral.

If Finland seek NATO membership it is more likely for Russia to seek preventive measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom