What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arabs are indegenous to the land, they dont need an empire to prove that. Just genetics, archeology and history. Please spare me the false analogies.

So the Egyptians, who were Muslims, clearly didnt have any issues with Christian pilgrims. So I would put it to you that this was more of a Turkish problem than a Muslim one. Regardless, when youre in a state of war dont expect favourable treatment from your adversary. Look how the west demonises all Russians, atheletes and civilians, just because of a war they had no say in. I still dont see how that justifies genocide, slavery, massacres, and hostile expansionism though....

Turks are Muslims and when they captured Jerusalem they immediately started to repress Christians.
That justified the Crusades.

The West does not demonize Russian athletes, it simply does not allow Russia to be represented on the world stages.

You are talking about justification as the West is the only party to blame and ignore the development of the human rights concept during the 20th century, mostly driven by people in the West.

Do you justify the million European slaves that Muslims captured and sold over the centuries?
Muslim pirates went as far north as Iceland.
Does you justify Muslim armies in France and Austria,
Does you justify the Muslim massacres of POWs after the Battle of Hattin?
The fact is that Muslims have a historical record which is not much different from that of the West.

A rather bizarre one here:
Tho it does raise the rather obvious question as to why a civilian police department would have, or even need,equipment that is fit for war service,never mind that it has so much of it [3000 pieces!?]
Illinois has Chicago. fatal shooting happens almost every night. Police has military gears.

Illinois has Chicago. fatal shooting happens almost every night. Police has military gears.
Chicago must be a literal fvcking :guns:war zone:guns: then.:sarcastic:
Invasion_U_S_A-787115389-large.jpg

It’s symbolic but better than nothing. EU, Canada, Japan and allies do similar move with tariff suspension. The aim is to lift Ukraine fighting spirit. Yes big deal.
Go home and stop trolling.

@jhungary a month has passed. Can we have an update from you?
I just got off a plane and back to Sydney yesterday, having spend the last 6 or so weeks in Lviv first then to Kyiv training their Territorial Defence.

Well, I will write a more detail account of what I think and what I literally saw on site in Zaporizhzhia and Kharkiv, but just too tired to update now.

A quick word, Russia is into a tough fight, and from where I have seen, at this stage, the war looks like Post 1951 Korean War, there are going to be back and forth between the frontline in the East with Ukraine losing territories and Russian took some then got beaten back, there are going to be numerous real estate change before coming winter set in.

Otherwise I am going to write a piece tomorrow when I have more time and rest.

First Bong Bong Marcos convincing victory as the President in Philippines election and now Ms Sara Duterte overwhelming victory as the V-P is sure complicating the US geopolitical strategy in the region.

This means we will at least another five year of period of peace and stability in Philippines and in the region.

The US has spend so much trying to topple former President Duterte and disrupts his selection including buying off his V-P. We are pretty sure she will be investigated in the time.

This unlike in Ukraine where they successful staged the Maiden Revolt that toppled a duly elected President Yanukovich in 2014.

The last time you fought a peer was in WWII against Germany and Japan. You lost to the North Vietnamese and Vietcong, and to the Taliban in Afghanistan, as did the USSR in Afghanistan. The USSR at its height was a peer to the US, the Russian armed forces have been in steady decline since the USSR collapsed, they haven't even really developed and fielded much in the way of new weapons or doctrine, training, and capability. If you want to fight a real peer, pick a fight with China. Your hollow "victories" have mostly come against the likes of Iraq, and only then weakened after over a decade of crippling sanctions and no support to Iraq like the Ukrainians are receiving now, or the Vietcong received from Russia, or when the US supported the Taliban and Al-Qaeda against the USSR.
So the US have a string of 'losses' against smaller countries, like how Russia is sort of 'losing' against Ukraine now. Is that how you see the US military?

Turks are Muslims and when they captured Jerusalem they immediately started to repress Christians.
That justified the Crusades.

The West does not demonize Russian athletes, it simply does not allow Russia to be represented on the world stages.

You are talking about justification as the West is the only party to blame and ignore the development of the human rights concept during the 20th century, mostly driven by people in the West.

Do you justify the million European slaves that Muslims captured and sold over the centuries?
Muslim pirates went as far north as Iceland.
Does you justify Muslim armies in France and Austria,
Does you justify the Muslim massacres of POWs after the Battle of Hattin?
The fact is that Muslims have a historical record which is not much different from that of the West.

Stick to the topic and don't derail by trolling... This thread is about White Christmas butchering other White Christians.... So sit back and watch the fireworks.... No need to involve others....

I don't trust the numbers from either side. What's amusing and interesting , though, is the failure on both sides during this war in their supposedly strong suit.

The Russians have disappointed in the military domain. The image of Russia as a military superpower now exists only because of 6000+ nuclear weapons and advanced missiles.

The West has disappointed in the media domain. The Western propaganda has been so amateurish, it's almost comparable to North Korean or Soviet era garbage. Few people outside the heavily censored Western countries buy their propaganda. I guess when you rely on censorship to silence the other side, one becomes lazy and slacks off with obviously staged videos.

I agree that the Russians have disappointed and even though I am not much conversant with military technology the Russians should still have mass produced active protection system for their tanks and APCs. I am sure there are other lacking fields in their operation. But I think despite having those lackings they have performed okay but my commiserations for their deceased and injured.

You are also correct about Western false propaganda but I don't think North Korean / USSR propaganda / information is garbage. When I was young my father gave me his purchased magazine called Sputnik which had been published by the USSR. High quality ones.

Using your logic most of the world could do the same with the US and say its enough justification to declare war. Alleged assassination of Bush happened in 1993 9 years before the illegal invasion in 2002 so that reason does not stand. Your second reason of Saddam targeting Coalition aircraft, the Iraqis would say they were defending their airspace from violations. So your reasons are those of typical war mongers who have no issue justifying aggression when it suits them. But when a country they don't like does the same they cry wolf. That is the real hypocrisy.
The no-fly zones were established to protect minorities from Saddams genocidal attacks on Shias and Kurds.
Gulf War II is legally the same war as Gulf War I since there was no peace agreement, only a ceasefire in a war started by Iraq. A ceasefire holds as long as both sides are happy with the arrangement.

The invasion of Iraq resulted in the trial and hanging of the illegal coupmaker.
Iraq is now a sovereign country that elects its leaders.

Russia is invading Iraq to destroy the nation and annex its territory.

it aint the same thing.

The no-fly zones were established to protect minorities from Saddams genocidal attacks on Shias and Kurds.
Gulf War II is legally the same war as Gulf War I since there was no peace agreement, only a ceasefire in a war started by Iraq. A ceasefire holds as long as both sides are happy with the arrangement.

The invasion of Iraq resulted in the trial and hanging of the illegal coupmaker.
Iraq is now a sovereign country that elects its leaders.

Russia is invading Iraq to destroy the nation and annex its territory.

it aint the same thing.

At a loss for words after reading that drivel.

Wow.

@jhungary , have you ever seen so many turrets fly off their vehicles so easily and frequently when they're hit, as in this war?

Something is really flimsy in the turret-spinning design & build the Russians are using when they assemble these things. Never before, when you look at the history of tanks battles -- and there have been many to go by -- including our Arab/Israeli wars where there were hundreds of tanks duking it out in not only wide open desert terrain, but in very close proximity as well. Granted in 1973 and earlier, ATGMs were only being introduced into the battlefield like our use of the SAGGER wire guided ATGM probably didn't have the explosive level that today's ATGMs and MANPADs have, but the devastating result to enemy tanks from these new weapons were very obvious that they were about to change tank warfare as it was known, and it did.

Now we're seeing MANPADs take the lead in making tanks almost obsolete on the battlefield, especially in these heavily dense rural areas where there's an abundance of spots for soldiers of all types to hide and ambush enemy tanks.

No longer is infantry that useful to accompany armored vehicles like it used to be. As a matter of fact, that only adds them to the tanks depletion and becomes a useful collateral damage for the personnel firing the MANPADs.

Still, the frequency of Russian turrets flying off and traveling great distances when hit in this war is staggering.

I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw this today lol.

I have to confess, I have not seen many of tank got destroyed in my war, tank weren't use the way they do in previous war, but I did saw quite a lot of Russian tank got destroyed and have their turret blown off during my time in Ukraine (I just spend about 6 weeks there) and from archival image on the First Gulf War.

The issue with Russian tank is Munition Cook-Off.

Here are some example on how M1A1 tanks that got destroyed

R (1).jpgR.jpg5c93f6d4dda4c86c318b45cf.jpgR (2).jpg

See the different?

If a tank was hit, it's no big deal until you come to a problem with pressure, a high energy round (from ATGM) would create a large amount of pressure when it detonate, and while most tank can deal with that pressure, it's another case if the ammo being cooked off.

While there are still chance a western tank with a western tank crew could see a Leo 2 or Abrams with turret blown off, but the this is not in the scale of Russian tank. That is due to the 2 factors, the hull design difference and crew training,

Western Tank as well as Russian tank both NBC protected, however, the way they protect the crew from NBC attack is very different. Western Tank uses Positive Pressure Hull, while Russian tank simply seal the tank. Positive Pressure hull means the cabin is kept in higher pressure than outside, so when air is going outward from inside the tank to outside thru porthole or the turret, thus keeping the tank safe from NBC environment, but it also have a secondary effect, it help release pressure build up inside the hull. On the other hand, Russian tank done this by fully sealing the tank. Nothing going in and nothing going out when the tank have its hatch close.

The closest people can compare without ever being in a tank is Western and Russian Gasmask, the same principal. If you have wear a M40 or S10 Gasmask, you would know there is a valve where you exhale, the mask is sealed but when you blow out (exhale) from the valve, you open the valve and let the gas out, thus creating a Positive Pressure setting within that mask, however, if you wear a GP-5 or GP-7, you would found it a lot more stuffy and you will sweat a lot, because the mask is sealed entirely to your head, only the filter is doing the gas exchange, pressure is not relieved.

So when a tank was hit, if there is a round inside, that ammo will cook, that explosion will create a blast pressure, In Western Tank, when a round exploded in the chamber, the pressure build up is released thru the porthole or the gun itself, thus relieving the pressure, however, in a Russian tank, that pressure have no where to go. Once that round (or powder, if they were using Autoloader) cooked off, that sealed in and Pressure keep rising and detonate other rounds (Either Heat or Pressure can detonate the round), that sum of all pressure have no where to go but up, which is why you see them "Blown a Hatch"

This can be prevent with Crew Training, first by not putting rounds on the floor and store it in proper manner, to leave the tank open, there are 4 hatches in a tank, the Gunner, The Commander, The Driver and escape hatch, you train to at least leave one open in combat to deal with concussion blast. But seems like those Russian crew weren't exactly trained for the task (You can literally see it from how the manoeuvre) that contribute to how or why you see a lot of those Russian tank losing their Turret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom