Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
UNSC vote

Against: Russia

Abstain: China, India, UAE

11 in favour, 1 against and 3 abstain

Resolution not adopted due to veto by Russia

India abstaining is being noted with disappointment by all commentators right now.
Good thing Pakistan is not in the council rota right now :pakistan:….. India can have the hot seat for now.

Certain bits of information are important to remember.

Ukraine population VOTED by 70% in multi party elections that brought Volodymyr Zelenskyy to power.

7 out of ten people in Russia are against this invasion.

9 out of 10 people in Russia are against support for the breakaway Donetsk and Luhansk regions

The Elite capture of Russia by the extremely rich Oligarch's bears no resemblance to the Soviet Union and is not underpinned by any ideology except that of personal aggrandizement and the absolute love of power.

By the way Volodymyr Zelenskyy whom Putin calls a Nazi is a Jewish comedian elected to get rid if corruption and a responsive government.

My observation: I think NATO air assets are providing full coverage of Russian air and ground picture to Ukraine Forces, may be even jamming Russian equipment @gambit is that possible ?

I read something revealing a long time ago...

"You cannot be peaceful unless you are willing to do violence. If you are incapable or unwilling to do violence, then you are just harmless, not peaceful."

Still, even if you are willing and capable of doing violence, it may not be enough to preserve yourself, hence, the need for alliances. Bullies ALWAYS pick off first those who are harmless and alone.
And Russia is the bully? But NATO who has been expanding and surrounding Russia in Europe and the Americans with bases everywhere,are not the bully but the protector? The Cold War is over. Once upon a time there was a gentlemen's agreement between Stalin and Churchill about the spheres of influence in Europe.

My observation: I think NATO air assets are providing full coverage of Russian air and ground picture to Ukraine Forces, may be even jamming Russian equipment @gambit is that possible ?
I agree - nato is providing the full air picture to Ukraine c&c systems for sure. Ukraine radars maybe down but it seems that Ukraine can pick and chose when and what it needs to shoot down. So they still have active SAM units in the field.

Reuters now reporting on Russian supply and logistics issues.
Look at the neutralized vehicles in the first contact troops from D1. The downed KA-52s didn't even have an exhaust suppressor. It was shot down with simple rpg. Some problems of Russia are clearly visible. Unfortunately, even world-renowned news agencies do not have experts to deal with these issues in detail. The knowledge level of most of them is as much as so called facebook-twitter experts.

There are many other people in europe who dont want to see another conflict in our neighborhood.

If giving Russia breathing space is enough to keep it peaceful then let it be it.

Not sure about what Putin wants and neither is you tbh. Only he knows. Matter of the fact is that european nations themselves has to find ways to coexist, without external interference or dependence. Europe has to learn to stand up for itself so that it can control its own destiny.
It is not what 'Putin' wants. This is terminology used to portray a certain narrative. It is what Russia wants. Both China and India have used the phrase Russia's 'legitimate security concern'.

Since the end of the Cold war the West has been pushing Nato eastwards, despite Russia voicing it's concern. The West has not listened. It is not the Russians that are the aggressors, they are reacting to the west's aggression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom