What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. While Russian naval forces and armies are in shattered form due to years of under-funding, its strategic missiles still hold a lot of punches that could wipe out one or two carrier groups and multiple US bases in a conventional shoot out. The Patriots could not intercept most of Russian missiles.
Any time I see any defender of Russia fall back on missiles, I know that is a loser argument.

I thought Americans were threatening China over Taiwan. Took a U-turn, again? LOL..
We are not 'threatening' China. We have diplomatic relations and arming Taiwan, essentially, we are saying attack US, if you dare.

Everything is replaceable
Technically, yes. But realistically, the loss of the Moskva will take yrs, if even approved, to replace. It take 5-6 yrs to build a new Arleigh Burke class destroyer. Just because the build is approved, it does not mean everything will go smoothly. Are the manufacturers and suppliers, from steel to construction workers to electronics, available? Will they be able to be around for decades to support the vessel? Does the country have the manpower to recruit? All these and myriad lesser issues must be addressed whether before the contract is approved or not. But in the case of Russia, the economics issues imposed by the Western countries will have effects on Russia's ability to replace the loss. So now the list of problems is x2.

In the long term, Russian airpower is clearly not the fearsome force it has been perceived all these decades, now Russian seapower is equally diminished. The Russian military is now a 3rd rate force, even with all those nuclear missiles.

Technically, yes. But realistically, the loss of the Moskva will take yrs, if even approved, to replace. It take 5-6 yrs to build a new Arleigh Burke class destroyer. Just because the build is approved, it does not mean everything will go smoothly. Are the manufacturers and suppliers, from steel to construction workers to electronics, available? Will they be able to be around for decades to support the vessel? Does the country have the manpower to recruit? All these and myriad lesser issues must be addressed whether before the contract is approved or not. But in the case of Russia, the economics issues imposed by the Western countries will have effects on Russia's ability to replace the loss. So now the list of problems is x2.

In the long term, Russian airpower is clearly not the fearsome force it has been perceived all these decades, now Russian seapower is equally diminished. The Russian military is now a 3rd rate force, even with all those nuclear missiles.
For sure. Everything takes time and resources. But it can be done

:coffee::coffee:

00021.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom