What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you imagine these guys up against a NATO army that retains secure command and control over its forces and has weapons at its disposal? Like some javelins or a drone overhead?

Or imagine them against the US army. Goodness gracious me. It would not be pretty.

Big capability gaps are coming to light in Russian forces

Something is off, the russians are fighting and their convoys are moving so easily but entirely exposed as if they expect no retaliation. No cover while setting up aa or convoys are so exposed. Are these footages of some place else like of exercise but not real war footages ?

Its not the Soviet Union that Russia wants, its the thing that came before it, the Russian empire. From kyrgistan to Moldova. from Crimea to Estonia. Russia feels robbed that all these people got their freedom. Or semi freedom. It wants them back to enslave them.

I generally respect your opinion, but I doubt that's what Russia is trying to do. Wanting something but curbing that want because of your palpable limitations are two different things.
The modern Russia is a greatly diminished force and I'd say would be reduced as a viable country of 'Russia' to only the region West of the Urals probably in our lifetime! Russia didn't agitate much when the Baltic USSR countries joined NATO. But Ukraine is a special case--and most of that is probably for some ego/historic reasons and so finally Putin couldn't take it anymore.
Russia, as Putin himself put it today, is fighting for its life by taking this action. I don't see Russia has the resources to be anything more than a rump state west of the Urals going forward.

can you imagine these guys up against a NATO army that retains secure command and control over its forces and has weapons at its disposal? Like some javelins or a drone overhead?

Or imagine them against the US army. Goodness gracious me. It would not be pretty.

Or maybe they're just receiving little to no resistance outside of the trenched pocket positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom