What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody said that Russian has taken Mariupol, but this tweet said that Russian is conducting Amphibious assault. Isn't that confusing?
From West of Mariupol..as I understand it..

1645806624924.png

Last edited:

Good riddance. Now he is crying in front of the same people who he got played by and destroyed his country in the process.

All the West must be laughing ( Biden was).

He does not know that such human rights or pleading bullshit is only used by the West when it wants to emotionally blackmail populace into supporting its intended war. They are the most brutal of the lot and will gladly hang him themselves and use his corpse to further their objectives.

This is what happens when u elect a clown as your President. How naive are the ukranian people, they elected a clown who used to run a comedy show on TV. Well elect clowns and then watch ur country become a joke.

I generally respect your opinion, but I doubt that's what Russia is trying to do. Wanting something but curbing that want because of your palpable limitations are two different things.
The modern Russia is a greatly diminished force and I'd say would be reduced as a viable country of 'Russia' to only the region West of the Urals probably in our lifetime! Russia didn't agitate much when the Baltic USSR countries joined NATO. But Ukraine is a special case--and most of that is probably for some ego/historic reasons and so finally Putin couldn't take it anymore.
Russia, as Putin himself put it today, is fighting for its life by taking this action. I don't see Russia has the resources to be anything more than a rump state west of the Urals going forward.

Its hard to predict the future of Russia. Russia under Yeltsin was heading for ruin. Putin revived it somehow, against all odds. and has since then been talking back territory. Russians are now in all soviet states except maybe kyrgsitan and the Baltics. If any of the "Stans" stop listening to Putin they will be invaded the same day. Just like this.

Russia will keep expanding from now on. This is just the start. At some point the west will sabotage, sanction and degrade their industrial might. And the whole thing will break apart in a massive civil war where all the conquered nations will be free. this could take 50 years if the CIA starts getting busy right now.

But make no mistake, territorial expansion and subjugation of others is their only plan.

You are correct about the rationale. No one wanted such threats to be so close to home soil.
Sir, better stick to such parts of your knowledgeable statements.

But the problem for your argument is that NATO never considered Ukraine for membership from the time Russia made that WRITTEN promise not to violate Ukraine's sovereignty, and that Ukraine never hosted anyone. I am willing to predict that as time go by, it will be increasingly clear that Putin made up his rationale to break Russia's WRITTEN promise to Ukraine. Look at the social turmoil in Russia now.
This part of the statement, I already memorized and maybe most of the PDF members. Now, this does not seem to add up any significance to your statements.

@Joe Shearer @T90TankGuy @MilSpec gentlemen, i would like to read your take on this issue. Thanks in advance.
My views are marred with a lack of knowledge on the strategic implications of Russian actions for the region as a whole, as well as a lack of an understanding of Putin's security concerns.

And then there is the Indian foreign relation dilemma.

NATO's expansion in the backyard of Russia has been a concern for Putin for a long time, Ukraine letting itself be used as an expansion tool for Nato would have consequences and Ukraine was well aware of that. (remember Cuban missile crisis) But then Russia's action of the first annexation of Crimea and now this Ukraine crisis can be construed as belligerent.

As an Indian, for me, there is a sense of indebtedness to Russia as it has come to our aid in our time of need. whether it's developing strategic infrastructure, resupplying ammunition when we needed it the most, vetoing/voting for us in UNSC, as well as 71's 7th fleet debacle. When nobody stood with us Russia/USSR did, irrespective of their strategic/business motives and interests.

So the predicament for me really is, Russia is an Ally, whose actions on the surface seem belligerent and will cause tremendous human suffering. Its motives and rationale behind the actions are antithetical to my own worldview. That said, I do not want India to take any principled position that jeopardizes Indo-Russian relations in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom