What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also mean the Vietnam war. Include Iraq and Syria too.

Nevertheless, we will see in the end. I have seen such claims before and I know from actual experience that the outcome doesn't depend on arguments.
Applies to yours as well.

I also mean the Vietnam war. Include Iraq and Syria too.

Nevertheless, we will see in the end. I have seen such claims before and I know from actual experience that the outcome doesn't depend on arguments.

Because I also heard how the Taliban was failing back then. In reality they weren't.
Shrugs* From my perspective, the odds are not stacked against me or against the Ukrainians for that matter. Just knowing that how hard they fought and the weapons that are being supplied and new weapons as well, I wouldn't bet against them.

Applies to yours as well.

Well, I can back it up with factual examples which I just did a moment ago. Your track record in the past doesn't bode well.

Shrugs* From my perspective, the odds are not stacked against me or against the Ukrainians for that matter. Just knowing that how hard they fought and the weapons that are being supplied and new weapons as well, I wouldn't bet against them.

Well, fighting hard isn't actually winning a war. Russia is superior in many respects and that is their main advantage.

Well, I can back it up with factual examples which I just did a moment ago. Your track record in the past doesn't bode well.

Well, fighting hard isn't actually winning a war. Russia is superior in many respects and that is their main advantage.
LOL! Wouldn't you have apply that lesson with U.S. led coalition against the Taliban with superiority in many respects? Or the Afghan Mujahadeen during the 80s?

It seems you do not know but there are TWO equally components in any war: political and military.

The US did not fail the military front in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Viet Nam. In all three cases, it was the politico-socio component that did not turned in US favor. But as far as Ukraine go, do you think the Ukrainians give a damn about Afghanistan, Iraq, and Viet Nam? Do you think Ukrainian generals and soldiers lie wide awake at night pondering if they should give up just because some anonymous persons on the interweb made a flawed argument about Afghanistan, Iraq, and Viet Nam? :lol:

It seems you do not know but there are TWO equally components in any war: political and military.

The US did not fail the military front in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Viet Nam. In all three cases, it was the politico-socio component that did not turned in US favor. But as far as Ukraine go, do you think the Ukrainians give a damn about Afghanistan, Iraq, and Viet Nam? Do you think Ukrainian generals and soldiers lie wide awake at night pondering if they should give up just because some anonymous persons on the interweb made a flawed argument about Afghanistan, Iraq, and Viet Nam? :lol:

We will see. Time will tell who was right.

LOL! Wouldn't you have apply that lesson with U.S. led coalition against the Taliban with superiority in many respects? Or the Afghan Mujahadeen during the 80s?

The same Taliban also beat the entire coalition. Time will tell. I am convinced the Russians won't budge until the desired outcome.

The same Taliban also beat the entire coalition. Time will tell. I am convinced the Russians won't budge until the desired outcome.
And what is that desired outcome? Denazify? Demilitarize? No EU or NATO?

This is a cheap cop out argument. If you genuinely believe that 'time will tell' you would not have commented in the first place. You would have waited until the final outcome which could be months or even yrs from now.

Russian President Putin said, peace talk with Ukraine has hit a dead end.

Chechen chief Kadyrov says over 1,000 Ukrainian marines surrender in Mariupol​

Reuters

2 minute read
Head of the Chechen Republic Ramzan Kadyrov visits Mariupol

Service members of pro-Russian troops ride an armoured vehicle during fighting near Azovstal plant in Mariupol

Head of the Chechen Republic Ramzan Kadyrov visits Mariupol

1/2
Service members of pro-Russian troops ride an armoured vehicle during fighting in Ukraine-Russia conflict near a plant of Azovstal Iron and Steel Works company in the southern port city of Mariupol, Ukraine April 12, 2022. REUTERS/Alexander Ermochenko

Register now for FREE unlimited access to Reuters.com​

Register
April 13 (Reuters) - Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov said more than 1,000 Ukrainian marines had surrendered in the besieged port city of Mariupol and urged remaining forces holed up in the Azovstal steel mill to surrender.
There was no comment from Ukrainian officials on the statement made on Kadyrov's Telegram channel. Ukraine's General Staff, in its morning report on Wednesday, said that Russian forces were proceeding with attacks on Azovstal and the port.

Sponsored by Chaikin Analytics
Wall Street legend warns: “A strange day is coming to America”
View more!
Learn more
Report ad
Russian television showed pictures of what it said were marines giving themselves up at Illich Iron and Steel Works in Mariupol on Tuesday, many of them injured.
It was not clear what plant - Azovstal or Illich Iron and Steel Works - Kadyrov meant when he talked about the 1,000 surrendered Ukrainian marines.
"Within Azovstal at the moment there are about 200 wounded who cannot receive any medical assistance," Kadyrov said in his post. "For them and all the rest it would be better to end this pointless resistance and go home to their families."

Sponsored by Chaikin Analytics
Wall Street legend warns: “A strange day is coming to America”
View more!
Learn more
Report ad
Kadyrov is an ardent supporter of Kremlin leader Vladimir Putin and has deployed many of his fighters in Ukraine to bolster Russia's drive to "demilitarise" and "denazify" Ukraine.
In earlier postings, he vowed to proceed with the capture of Mariupol and to press on to take all other Ukrainian cities, including Kyiv
Russian television pictures showed what it said were Ukrainian soldiers being marched down a road with their hands in the air. One of the soldiers was shown holding a Ukrainian passport.

This news is interesting:

OK, it is from Telegram so you would have to know its hostname, which is masked out by the forum.
It says: More than 1000 Marines of the Armed Forces of Ukraine today surrendered in Mariupol

That's more than the total number of marines defending the city to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom