What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia has strategically lost. They have little ability to compete with the US, especially now.

China has 4X the population of the US and still remains $6-7T behind in GDP, and the average American is far more productive than Chinese. The US has the most innovative companies in the world, with the most unicorns as well. Capital flows to the most innovative companies. Over 60 have been created so far this year alone. US financial markets are the deepest and most liquid in the world.

China will never achieve the total comprehensive power of the United States.

Back to the topic

Russia is about to take over Mariupol. That is only a matter of time now.

You focus on Russia bud. China is way beyond your scope right now.

Russia is about to take over Mariupol. That is only a matter of time now.

You focus on Russia bud. China is way beyond your scope right now.
China isn't doing anything on Taiwan that's for sure. Not when Russia is having a hard time with Ukraine which is next door.

China isn't doing anything on Taiwan that's for sure. Not when Russia is having a hard time with Ukraine which is next door.

Yet your crazy media and professional analysts claim otherwise. The anti-China propaganda is in overdrive and China is supposedly feeling emboldened by Russian actions.

Russia is taking its time. The fact that Russia is still fully involved in Ukraine should be enough indication. As predicted, Russia won't rest until its objectives are met. Russian rouble has recovered and it is able to finance its war without a sweat. US/European capitals are still buying Russian gas and oil. It is business as usual.

Yet your crazy media and professional analysts claim otherwise.

Russia is taking its time. The fact that Russia is still fully involved in Ukraine should be enough indication. As predicted, Russia won't rest until its objectives are met.
Putin doesn't have a choice now since he failed to take Kiev no matter what anyone else says. Russia is not taking its time, he wants a victory by May 9th. What he does after if nothing changes, that's up to him.

Putin doesn't have a choice now since he failed to take Kiev no matter what anyone else says. Russia is not taking its time, he wants a victory by May 9th. What he does after if nothing changes, that's up to him.

I am not concerned about Russia. Russia will continue to do whatever it wants to do.

I am more concerned with US inability to isolate Russia. You have reached your maximum threshold, haven't you? We have been hearing threats to embargo Russian oil and gas for a long time. Nothing has happened yet on that front. It is obvious why.

I am not concerned about Russia. Russia will continue to do whatever it wants to do.

I am more concerned with US inability to isolate Russia. You have reached your maximum threshold, haven't you? We have been hearing threats to embargo Russian oil and gas for a long time. Nothing has happened yet on that front.
Wouldn't worry too much on that end. As long as the weapons are flowing in, the Russians will realize its a very costly war for them.

Wouldn't worry too much on that end. As long as the weapons are flowing in, the Russians will realize its a very costly war for them.

Yes, we witnessed this flow of weapons experiment elsewhere too if I remember correctly. In fact you had boots on the ground and military bases too, right? Your coalition fought for a couple of decades. Long enough, right? It didn't go too well in the end for the US and its coalition.

Well, good luck anyway.

Yes, we witnessed this flow of weapons experiment elsewhere too if I remember correctly. In fact you had boots on the ground and military bases too, right? Your coalition fought for a couple of decades. Long enough, right? It didn't go too well in the end for the US and its coalition.

Well, good luck anyway.
Yeah I remember what happened to the Russians during the 1980s in Afghanistan when U.S. provided weapons and Pakistan provided money and training. You saw what happened right?

Yeah I remember what happened to the Russians during the 1980s in Afghanistan when U.S. provided weapons and Pakistan provided money and training. You saw what happened right?
You also remember what happened most recently, right?

the average American is far more productive than Chinese.
Being this oblivious to reality will be the reason for America's fall as the leading power. It's not about if anymore, it's about when.

Perhaps you're in denial.

You also remember what happened most recently, right?
Yeah, you see one side that don't want to fight and another does. So during the 1980s Afghans fought hard against the Russians. Recent conflict the Afghan Army didn't. In Ukraine-Russia you see Ukrainians fighting hard. You saw in Mariupol how long that fight has been going. Ukrainian troops only giving up because of out of ammo and supplies. So...imagine trying to take on the rest of Ukraine like that. Russians already close to losing 20k troops in almost 50 days. That's more than what they lost in Afghanistan during the 1980s for 10 years.

Yeah, you see one side that don't want to fight and another does. So during the 1980s Afghans fought hard against the Russians. Recent conflict the Afghan Army didn't. In Ukraine-Russia you see Ukrainians fighting hard. You saw in Mariupol how long that fight has been going. Ukrainian troops only giving up because of out of ammo and supplies. So...imagine trying to take on the rest of Ukraine like that. Russians already close to losing 20k troops in almost 50 days. That's more than what they lost in Afghanistan during the 1980s for 10 years.

Forget Afghanistan. All other wars where the US was involved have been largely disasters, right? If you couldn't control the outcome by being on the ground, what makes you think you have any chance of success by solely supplying weapons to Ukraine? I would argue that the odds are stacked against you.

In the long run Russia will be the victor.

Forget Afghanistan. All other wars where the US was involved have been largely disasters, right? If you couldn't control the outcome by being on the ground, what makes you think you have any chance of success by solely supplying weapons to Ukraine? I would argue that the odds are stacked against you.
You mean like the Gulf War 1? Or Gulf War 2? Or against ISIS? I wouldn't forget Afghanistan during the 1980s. Its pretty much a repeat. You have Poland helping to bring in the supplies and Ukrainians that fight hard so not sure how the odds are stacked considering how bad Russia's performance is especially against Kiev. And they hardly did anything in Donbas while their so called "feint" kept Ukrainian forces busy when most of the best units are in Donbas itself. So they hardly budged.

In the long run Russia will be the victor.
We are more interested in damaging the Russian military than trying to make sure Ukraine defeat Russia. But given the sorry performance of the VKS, if US airpower were involved, the VKS would have been erased from Ukrainian sky and the Russian Army would suffer their own 'Highway of Death' like in Iraq's withdrawal from Kuwait. Then with the Ukrainian Army being more sophisticated than the Taliban, what make you think we would fail?

You mean like the Gulf War 1? Or Gulf War 2? Or against ISIS? I wouldn't forget Afghanistan during the 1980s. Its pretty much a repeat. You have Poland helping to bring in the supplies and Ukrainians that fight hard so not sure how the odds are stacked considering how bad Russia's performance is especially against Kiev. And they hardly did anything in Donbas while their so called "feint" kept Ukrainian forces busy when most of the best are in Donbas itself. So they hardly budged.

I also mean the Vietnam war. Include Iraq and Syria too.

Nevertheless, we will see in the end. I have seen such claims before and I know from actual experience that the outcome doesn't depend on arguments.

We are more interested in damaging the Russian military than trying to make sure Ukraine defeat Russia. But given the sorry performance of the VKS, if US airpower were involved, the VKS would have been erased from Ukrainian sky and the Russian Army would suffer their own 'Highway of Death' like in Iraq's withdrawal from Kuwait. Then with the Ukrainian Army being more sophisticated than the Taliban, what make you think we would fail?

Because I also heard how the Taliban was failing back then. In reality they weren't. If wars were won on narratives the US would have had its way in every conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom