What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russia relaxes rules on foreign exchange buying as ruble rallies

CGTN April 9, 2022

Russia will relax temporary capital control measures aimed at limiting a drop in the ruble by allowing individuals to buy cash foreign currency and will also scrap commission for buying forex through brokerages, the central bank said on Friday.

The ruble has rebounded on the Moscow Exchange from record lows in March to levels seen before February 24 when Russia started "a special military operation" in Ukraine, as capital control measures suffocated demand for forex.

The central bank said banks will be allowed to sell cash foreign currency to individuals from April 18 but only the notes they have received no earlier than on April 9.

The central bank is also scrapping its requirement for banks to limit the gap between prices at which they offer to buy and sell foreign exchange. But it recommended banks sell forex to import-focused companies at a rate of no more than two rubles above the market rate.

The central bank said individuals will be allowed to withdraw not only dollars but also euros from their accounts from April 11, but kept the maximum amount that can be withdrawn until September 9 at the equivalent of $10,000.

The central bank also said it will scrap a 12-percent commission for buying foreign currency through brokerages, confirming earlier reports by Tinkoff Bank and Alfa Bank.

The central bank introduced a 30-percent commission on buying forex for individuals in early March. The commission was later lowered to 12 percent.

Restrictions on buying forex together with the order for export-focused companies to convert 80 percent of their FX revenues helped the ruble regain ground. On Friday, the ruble hit its strongest level against the euro since June 2020 and jumped to a 2022 high against the dollar.

The move to scrap the commission along with the central bank's decision to cut its key rate to 17 percent should lower the ruble's volatility, VTB Capital analysts said.

(With input from Reuters)

In an interview, one of the soldiers of the Ukrainian army said that the most terrible thing is the work of Russian aviation in Ukraine. "Such a terrible thing is not for everyone, it already hurts the bones when aviation is working." Video, the work of Russian aviation in Ukraine

Man, they're still using old bazookas. What happened to the Kornet anti-tank missiles that Russia sells to the rest of the world? They should've equipped their reserves, who are sent to the front line in South and Eastern Ukraine, with those weapons.

I heard kornet is very expensive for Russia. Also I don't think any army will use the most expensive weapons for regular use.

The war is not going well.
Putin replaced his general.

Alexander Dvornikov, commander of Russia’s Southern Military District, is the new theater commander for the military campaign in Ukraine.

Dvornikov is famous as the butcher of Sylvia.

More blood will be shed.

View attachment 832767
It's difficult to judge from one photo, but he looks like a man who doesn't experience a lot of joy in his life. A persons predominant mental and emotional state often becomes etched on their face as they age, he shares a rather grim looking disposition I saw over many years on the face of Russians I worked with. I think the same thing everytime I see Lavrov.

As I told you several times the ruble exchange rate is faked. If true 5,000 ruble for 1g gold, then every man or women has the right to exchange worthless ruble to gold.

How much gold has Russia central bank?
How much is a currency worth that technically can't be sold.

~

Russian soldier arrested after vile video of baby being raped emerges

Russian troops have been accused of widespread crimes against civilians during their illegal invasion of Ukraine including rape, torture and targeting civilians

0_THP_01355JPG.jpg

A Russian soldier has been arrested after a vile video of a baby being raped emerged online.

Alexei Bychkov has been named in Russian media as the soldier arrested and it is thought the video originates from the Ukraine conflict.

If true it would be the latest Russian abomination to shock the world with Kremlin troops repeatedly accused of war crimes and genocide.

The video has been shared on Telegram and other social media sites although few details about it have been confirmed.

Ukraine media reports the man sent vile images and videos to a fellow soldier and it disseminated from there.

On Saturday Boris Johnson made a surprise visit to the Ukraine capital Kyiv where he spoke with President Volodymyr Zelensky and walked the city's streets.

Mr Johnson said that while Russian forces attacking Kyiv had suffered a defeat, their withdrawal was "tactical" as they prepared to refocus their military efforts on the east.

He strongly condemned the "war crimes" being uncovered in the wake of their departure, with scores bodies of civilians who have been shot and killed being reported by the Ukrainian authorities.

"I think what Putin has done in places like Bucha and Irpin, his war crimes have permanently polluted his reputation and the reputation of his government," he said.

That will give Ukraine army a huge boost for the southern offensive.
Zelenski presses Germany to greenlight the delivery of 100x Panzerhaubitzer.
Krauss Maffei hat made the offer to Ukraine.

DWO-Teaser-AP-Panzer-Ukraine-sk.jpg

Quelle: Laurent Van der Stockt/Le Monde/Getty Images; Steffi Loos-Pool/Getty Images;Montage: Infografik WELT

It's difficult to judge from one photo, but he looks like a man who doesn't experience a lot of joy in his life. A persons predominant mental and emotional state often becomes etched on their face as they age, he shares a rather grim looking disposition I saw over many years on the face of Russians I worked with. I think the same thing everytime I see Lavrov.

How much is a currency worth that technically can't be sold.
It’s not easy. Russia manipulation makes difficult to determine the fair ruble value. We talking about fair exchange rate. Fair is if the currency is free of political manipulations. People can buy it, people can sell it.
Iran currency lost 90 percent.
Given the sanctions on Russia are worse than Iran, Cuba, NK and Syria combined the ruble should lose 90 percent. Minimum.

I would put $1 to 200 rubles as fair value.

Russia strikes Ukrainian airbase, destroying aircraft and an ammunition depot, say reports​

Bethany Dawson
Apr 9, 2022,

• Russian forces have destroyed an ammunition depot at the Myrhorod Air Base in Central Ukraine.
  • Ukrainian authorities have said that two people have been injured.
  • Reports say a Ukrainian air force MiG-29 fighter jet and a Mi-8 helicopter have been destroyed.

America's wealthiest agriculture family has gotten even richer as the Ukraine war sends food prices skyrocketing​

Hannah Towey
18 hours ago

Martha Muffy MacMillan speaks during Women's Entrepreneurship Day at the United Nations in 2015. She is one of 12 billionaire heirs to the Cargill dynasty.

Martha "Muffy" MacMillan speaks during Women's Entrepreneurship Day at the United Nations in 2015. She is one of 12 billionaire heirs to the Cargill dynasty. Jemal Countess/Getty Images
  • The Cargills, an agricultural dynasty going back six generations, are one of America's richest families.
  • Three more Cargill heirs just joined Bloomberg's Billionaire Index, bringing the total to five.
  • The Ukraine war has sent food prices to a record high, "hitting the poorest the hardest," the UN says.

Three heirs of the Cargill-MacMillans, a six-generation dynasty that founded the world's largest agriculture company, have joined Bloomberg's Billionaire Index — bringing the total number of family members on the list to five.
The Cargill-MacMillans have consistently ranked among the 25 richest families in America, and are currently listed by Forbes as the nation's fourth-richest family, behind the Waltons, Kochs, and Mars. Together, the family has a combined net worth of $51.6 billion, Bloomberg reported in September.
The recent rise in the secretive family's fortune comes as the Ukraine war sends food prices around the world to record highs, a trend that will hit "the poorest the hardest," the UN said Friday.
But as rampant inflation and instability spark fears of a global food crisis, Big Agriculture companies have so far benefited from the volatility.

Cargill Inc. made $4.9 billion last year, its highest profit ever, per the Bloomberg report. And public competitors like Tyson Foods, Archer Daniels Midland, and Bunge each out-performed the market this week as the cost of soybeans, grains, and corn surge.
Approximately 90 family members own 88% of Cargill Inc., according to a Forbes profile from 2020. That makes the agriculture and commodities behemoth one of the largest, closely-held private companies in the country.
Cargill was one of the later companies to announce it would be scaling back its business in Russia, despite the fact that a shipping vessel charted by the company was hit by a missile as it left a Southern Ukraine port in late February.
When contacted by Insider, a Cargill spokesperson said they "cannot speak for the family members" and pointed to the company's statement on the situation in Ukraine posted to its website.

"We are scaling back our business activities there to only operate essential food and feed facilities and have stopped investment," the company announced on March 30. "This region plays a significant role in our global food system and is a critical source for key ingredients in basic staples like bread, infant formula and cereal. Food is a basic human right and should never be used as a weapon."
Cargill will also be donating "any profits from these essential activities to humanitarian aid," the statement continued.

The destruction of the column by military equipment of the Ukrainian Army by KA-52 helicopters. Despite the threat of MANPADS, helicopters literally riddled armored vehicles and anti-aircraft installations of Ukraine with unguided S-8 missiles at close range.

I like to spam the forum , sometimes a write the same massage 3 times just for the fun of it.

Is there a reason you are spamming this forum thread with double massages every half hour ?

Not the first time i see you do that. One massage you posted no less than 3 times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom