What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just posted the current video on Mariupol.

The city was meant to fall ages ago, but still hasn't. The Azov battalion is still holding out in the steel mill. It seems the situation hasn't changed for at least a week. All I see in the video is DMR troops, although the civilians do mention Russian troops.

Just posted the current video on Mariupol.

The city was meant to fall ages ago, but still hasn't. The Azov battalion is still holding out in the steel mill. It seems the situation hasn't changed for at least a week. All I see in the video is DMR troops, although the civilians do mention Russian troops.
Yee and Kadrov troops doing tik-tok

Wow! So for you the "front" is a small area, maybe less than a meter in depth, a "line"?

Front as in Front "LINE" and this war is not that big that require an Army Front.

That line I draw on that map is an arbitrary line I draw to demonstrate that the frontLINE is not south of Bucha, it's south of Irpin, if you have to go into where EXACTLY is the front line, it extended all the way toward the East of Kyiv Oblast toward Brovary, is that line long enough for you?

Well, you see the stripe of undeveloped land between Irpin and Kiew? Where the attack to retake Irpin was moved along? Having some ToS in Bucha with thermobaric, the whole attack would have turned into ashes. Cause it is in range if the ToS were in Bucha. So knowing what is at the entrance of Irpin wouldnt helped you in a see of fire. Maybe this little example show you that "front" is not only the area the soldiers are positioned opposite. "Front" is all what have the range to impact, let alone air support or pinpoint missiles.

They took Bucha, did it get Kyiv City within TOS range? No.

The front line is a line of contest, and the "Front" is the location of contest, you can argue I can nuke Kyiv or at least send a Ballistic missile toward Kyiv in a missile silo in Moscow, that does not make Moscow a "Front". How about all the Cruise Missile launch site from inside Belarus and Russian, I guess those are all "Front" now, right? So do i have to have ISTAR asset put in Moscow and see if they start launching missile? Or any of the Missile Launch site, If I were to take Irpin?

Also, you are talking about that stretch of land OUTISDE the city of Bucha, not inside, which render the entire point of whether you should tab ISTAR asset on Bucha pointless.

Dude, as I said, if you don't know shit about Military, you shouldn't say anything, you are just going to embarrass yourself.

LOL, i didnt "abandoned" bombing. I didnt say that i would not bombing. But i also didnt say that i would bombing. I only say that bombing is a possibility.

Anything is a possibility, if you say something is "possible" you would have to back that up, as I said, you have to stupid to believe people are not going to plant or replant IED once you bomb the area, and also, you are not going to be able to use that road if you bomb it, you are then denying yourself that MSR, again, either show me I was wrong, or shut up about it.

And hard for the pilot to dodge as it being guided by a person and not an algorithm.

He wasn't even trying. Missile warning receiver, and laser warning receivers didn't work, or were ignored.

Soft-Warning
That is outright stupid. It does not mean literally some physical measurement. You are being pedantic because you have no idea of what you are talking about and you are trying, in vain I would add, to bog down the discussion with stupid details.
That guy is, for the lack of word, a moron........I am sorry if that break the forum rule, but I can't find a better word for it.

He claim Ukrainian or we should have a random city in complete ISTAR tab with satellite because some TOS launcher can launch missile at some point.....But he failed to realise the Russian can just do it anywhere within that range circle. So should we put a tab on EVERY SINGLE spot around the range of TOS launcher 24 hours a day and 7 days a week in order to make sure no TOS launcher can touch Kyiv......

I don't think even all the NSA agents goes Overtime can pull that off.........

That dude know shit about how ISTAR work, and I am running out of layman term trying to explain to him....

The war in Ukraine is already NATOs war. Germany should send heavy offensive weapons to Ukraine. At this point, it is a low cost solution for European security.

Btw, how long will it take for the Ukrainians to learn how to use these tanks? 🤔
Germany lacks of tanks. It can’t afford to give tanks to Ukraine. Germany fears itself an attack by Russia. Germany did much of demilitarization when Merkel came to power. That’s problem for your survival when you believe too much to peaceful rise shit.

That is outright stupid. It does not mean literally some physical measurement. You are being pedantic because you have no idea of what you are talking about and you are trying, in vain I would add, to bog down the discussion with stupid details.

What exactly is wrong with what i said about "front"? And what exactly is right about he said about "frontline"? Please help me on my "stupidy" :wave:

The war in Ukraine is already NATOs war. Germany should send heavy offensive weapons to Ukraine. At this point, it is a low cost solution for European security.
I speculate that at this point, the notion of a geopolitical 'buffer zone' is quite destroyed, or at least diminished as a credible argument. A 'buffer' implies neutrality and if a state perceived a threat from any source, there is no neutral state. Defenders of Russia argued that if NATO had disbanded after the collapse of the Soviet Union, then Russia would not have perceived itself threatened by anyone. But that begged the question of what ELSE would it take to assure Russia? No one can credibly argue that neutrality is all it would take. We have no choice but to take Russia's word for it and we may even received some kind of treaty that says neutrality is all Russia wanted. But history is filled with broken promises inside signed treaties, like the one signed between Nazi Germany and Russia and we know how that turned out.

The collapse of the Soviet Union did not turned Russia into a paranoid and distrustful state. Russia as a Soviet state was ALREADY paranoid and distrustful of everything. The disbandment of NATO would not make any difference. Going back to the question of 'What else' would it take to assure Russia, what if neutrality is not enough? Neutrality mean 50/50 odds of going either way. It does not mean %100 NEVER going either way. It means I have not made up my mind yet so am telling ALL of you what you want to hear at this time. Powerful, paranoid, and distrustful states do not view neutrality as truly neutral but as opportunities waiting for the right conditions to turn a supposedly 'neutral' state one way, not the other. This is what people do not understand.

The collapse of the Soviet Union did not turned Russia into a paranoid and distrustful state. Russia as a Soviet state was ALREADY paranoid and distrustful of everything. The disbandment of NATO would not make any difference.
On a tangential note, I've realized now that Russia is a ethno-nationalist state. I've been watching excerpts from Russian state TV and some ad-hoc street interviews from Putin's support base in Russia. Almost every time, there is a direct or an allusory reference to the great Slavic nation whose time has come. Soviet union has not only seeded paranoia into Russia; it has also seeded an apparent desire to have some big racial union among old Russians. The Ukrainians have apparently not got the memo and are therefore bound to this fate one way or the other:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom