What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a problem,yes. A very big problem actually. But there are also Western tanks that have part of their ammo stored in the floor,for example the Leopard 2.

When I saw the crazy losses of the Turkish Leopard 2A4s in Syria I was shocked. Because we also have the same model too.

Of course weapons like the Javelin and the NLAW are changing the battlefield.

The upgraded T-72s in Ukraine have great armor,they are very tough on the frontal and sometimes side armor,but they are usually destroyed from the top and sides or by heavy artillery. All the modern ERA and armor upgrade is useless if they are hit from the top or destroyed by a mine or IED.
Putting ammo on the floor is necessary if you are using Autoloader, well, it actually not but it would be a lot more convenience to put ammo on the floor because you don't have anywhere to store the ammo like "The vault" in an Abrams. Which means if you want to change ammo type quickly, you need to be able to access it quickly, and that mean you will need to have them on ready all the time, and the only place to do so is on the floor.

Leopard 2 have places to store ammo (I don't know about 2A4, I had been on a Swedish Stridsvagn 122 (Not sure is that is a 2A5 or 2A6) putting rounds on the floor is probably a bad practices, as you don't really need to do it on a Leopard, but I do know people who do that (Even in an Abram) because sometime you wanted a round to be accessible quickly or sometime you change your mind and needed another round and you just discarded the round already loaded on the floor, this is against practices tho. I don't personally do that, but I know people who does.

On the other hand, I have saw quite a few Turkish destroyed 2A4 (Quoted a few below)

Most of them are what we called "Soft to Hard" kill, which mean the tanks was disabled by either an ATGM or AT artillery round, and then hard killed by striking the weak point of the tank.

Bear in mind, 2A4 was the earlier model, largely unmodified for counter ATGM, the design of 2A4 is for the eventual tank to tank combat between Europe and Russia. It lacked a lot of soft kill protection or AT protection that modern tank have.

9ac392e5a567d4a50a013c74a3a8b72e.jpg
main-qimg-28ef7127edfbfab1edcfd54c674a4afc.jpg

Good video on the "Nazi's" battalions and how only 1,000 Nazis has got Putin so "hot and bothered"... so - basically all Russian/Kremlin propaganda as the Azov's are materially a non-issue .......

Another Youtuber making money using censored details from the west.

It’s not just a thousand we’ve talked about this, the figure is much smaller than some pro Russians push out but it’s not “1000”.

That said using the pretext of “denazification” is lame and was exposed early on as a thinly veiled farce by Russia as a pretext of an invasion of a peaceful country.
Actually the neo Nazis in Ukraine are doing the same thing as Indian Hindu nationalists are doing, force conversions to the Muslims in Kashmir or other parts of India using any means including torture to convert them to the correct Indian culture or disppear them if they do not.

That is a problem,yes. A very big problem actually. But there are also Western tanks that have part of their ammo stored in the floor,for example the Leopard 2.

When I saw the crazy losses of the Turkish Leopard 2A4s in Syria I was shocked. Because we also have the same model too.

Of course weapons like the Javelin and the NLAW are changing the battlefield.

The upgraded T-72s in Ukraine have great armor,they are very tough on the frontal and sometimes side armor,but they are usually destroyed from the top and sides or by heavy artillery. All the modern ERA and armor upgrade is useless if they are hit from the top or destroyed by a mine or IED.
More than 10 tanks were hit in the Euphrates Shield, half of which were permanently out of service. There was also the loss of personnel. But tank losses in other operations are very limited. Aselsan's modernization of tanks without pulling them into factories was effective in this. If you are talking about the excel spreadsheet that Bahçeşehir college owner and CHP member Hurşit Çetin gave to the press during Euphrates Shield OP, you should know that this was a psyop work aimed at raising the opposition to war in society.

During the each day of first 4 weeks of the war, Russia lost armoured vehicles that well beyond the total number of armored vehicles TAF lost in 3 cross-border operations. Until last week, Russia's confirmed (only with visual evidance) daily average MBT loss was around 13-15. Of course, there are not only neutralized tanks here, but also abandoned due to logistical problems or other reasons.

While there are CM-upgraded many of tanks that fought in residential areas in Turkey's last operation, the lack of a proper countermeasure system in almost all of the Russian tanks is the main reason for the excess of these losses. The other main issue concerns the way they use tanks in troop operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom