What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question that people need to ask is why do countries need weapons if Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, ISIS etc. are all decimated by the US & NATO?

For this very reason US will never kill these entities as they are the reason why countries buy weapons from the US and NATO.
Russian weapons are bought by countries that need to kill their own civilians.

VDV are taking heavy casualties

FPGXTVsWUAUx39r.jpg

It's a fiat currency thing.

You cannot back your own currency with your own currency. Otherwise it would just be a "What you said is true" kind of situation.
"What you said is true" is the very definition of fiat currency.

"What you said is true" is the very definition of fiat currency.
Well, then tell me why Russia is stopping Russian buying and selling USD to stop the currency value from falling?

Putin could have just proclaim "Rouble is now worth 0.012 US Dollars" or any value for that matter.....

LOL

Well, then tell me why Russia is stopping Russian buying and selling USD to stop the currency value from falling?

Putin could have just proclaim "Rouble is now worth 0.012 US Dollars" or any value to that matter.....

LOL
Putin can proclaim what Ruble can do within Russia. If he proclaims "Rouble is now worth 0.012 US Dollars" IN RUSSIA, he can. Whether this is true outside of Russia is not up to him. The same happens to Chinese Yuan. There is a domestic exchange market dominated by China government. There is another offshore market that is not controlled by China government. Two markets often have different exchange rates.

Putin can proclaim what Ruble can do within Russia. If he proclaims "Rouble is now worth 0.012 US Dollars" IN RUSSIA, he can. Whether this is true outside of Russia is not up to him. The same happens to Chinese Yuan. There is a domestic exchange market dominated by China government. There is another offshore market that is not controlled by China government. Two markets often have different exchange rates.
Then it is not "What he said is true" kind of situation, at least not to international level.

We were talking about fiat currency not about who is God.
You do know fiat currency does not just used within your own country, right??

I mean, as I said before, if this is for "Domestic consumption" I don't really care if you crave the number 100 on an apple and say this is a legal tender. You can't do it when you are setting it on the market value. What it worth is not how much it worth to your own people, it's always vis-a-vis other currency. Hence the entire currency market is floating not fixed.

You do know fiat currency does not just used within your own country, right??

I mean, as I said before, if this is for "Domestic consumption" I don't really care if you crave the number 100 on an apple and say this is a legal tender. You can't do it when you are setting it on the market value. What it worth is not how much it worth to your own people, it's always vis-a-vis other currency. Hence the entire currency market is floating not fixed.
That is for international trade, which is only a part of overall economy, not the whole thing.

That is for international trade, which is only a part of overall economy, not the whole thing.
Hence as I said

Then it is not "What he said is true" kind of situation, at least not to international level.

I think the more likely scenario is that Russia and China, now firmly allied, well, until at least Putin dies, are going to make India and Pakistan do compromises on Kashmir. BTW, in another post above, you are overthinking Russian capabilities and intentions such as mentioning Russia invading Azerbaijan.
Let Putin pass away and this will be all sorted out.
Nah,Russia had its time trying to become a part of the west in the era of Yeltsin. Empty promises,betrayal and chaos is the only memory. Russia would rather learnig from china rather than the west. Russia is done with the west,at least in the next 3 or 4 decades,they won't try to please the west no matter putin die or not.

Hence as I said

That is a strawman argument since he never intended for the international level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom