What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Russian Air Force has performed so poorly, that US Air Force analysts believe that upgraded F-15s/F-16s would dominate the Russians and that F-22s would be overkill.

Or are you are arguing US federal reserve somehow have no power to govern the USD Chinese own?
You just mentioned that Chinese can print USD, call it Chinese yuan and make it circulated within China. Why can they do the same with existing USD in their hands, save the printing effort?

Its very hard t leave russia now. Lots of airlines have cancelled flights. The ones that do have them are really expensive. a one way to Istanbul form Moscow is $1,000 USD

You cant go by car, because its forbidden, supposedly due to covid.

For many countries you need western vaccine and Russians mainly have sputnik. This has truly taken russia back 30 years.

Even in the Cold War you could leave russia, but you had to go through all these hoops. It was only theoretically possible, and thats what its turning out to be like now, slowly but surely.

Posts like this make me think.

If you out bid other nations for Australian coal then other nations will buy from Russia because Germany is paying a premium for Aussie coal.

If every nation sanctioned Russia then won't be enough coal, gas and oil for everyone. Companies in China and India will have access to cheaper hence become more competitive then German ones.
No Germany will go green. Solar, wind, and the likes.
No coal, no nuclear, no Russia imports.
We will import Lng from US, Canada, Venezuela and from the Arabs, from everywhere except Russia.
I myself think the Germans are nuts.
They are sometimes like fanatics or extremists.

We will import Lng from US, Canada, Venezuela and from the Arabs, from everywhere except Russia.
Yeah the should have kept the nuke plants at least.

One is a communist country the other is an oligarchy, neither of which are formed or run democratically. What planet are these Indian idiots on?
How does this have to do with democracy?Africa is democratic,go there idiot.

Yeah the should have kept the nuke plants at least.
If it’s me I will keep them all, and build more. Do like the French. They have lots of nuclear power plants. Grow them like mushrooms. Then we say to Putin: you can keep your gas and stick it to elsewhere.

CF2AC8D6-CCE2-4E06-B223-C08780269686.jpeg

You just mentioned that Chinese can print USD, call it Chinese yuan and make it circulated within China. Why can they do the same with existing USD in their hands, save the printing effort?
So what if China print USD, does that mean the fed will recognize those USD with those Arbitrary serial number that being Print?

On the other hand, USD in China hand have no value unless the Fed back it, otherwise it would be worth the paper it was printed on (probably 1c) then $1, $5, $10, $20, $100. The USD value was set by US Federal Bank, not Chinese Central bank, and it only worth the denomination, wherever it is, as long as Federal Bank Guarantee that value. Just because you print it, it does not make it that value you printed on.

And you are saying US federal bank can Guarantee whatever value they want. So, my question is, what if Federal Reserve bank announce whatever USD the Chinese is holding, those USD now worth the grand total of $1? What do you think China will do? When you already paid $100000000 or whatever amount it is for goods and services? In exchange of those currency?

You are conflating that value of US currency with its exchange value as if it is only type of value.
I am not, I am simply following what you said.

You said the Fed can assign whatever value on any USD they printed, right? What about the one that Chinese own? They can still assign value on it, they have all the serial number and all.

What if they assign an arbitrary value to the amount of USD China is holding? You can't stop it because as you said, there are nothing to back it, right?

There was an interesting article which ssid a main factor why russia fails is because Belarus. It was planned that belarussian troops secure east of ukraine to cut off supply of western weapons. The belarussian dictator was hold in power by putin and has zero support from the people. Belorussian officers deserted, head of army stepped back and some soldiers even went to ukraine to fight against russia. Belarussian railroad workers sabotage the railways which hinders russian logistics even more. Apparantly Lukashenko bugged out which collapsed an entire front for Putin. Many belorussians see a russian defeat in ukraine as their only hope to get free.

I agree with all you've said but also nothing is written in stone. Germany will not become reliant on Russian gas again, but once the conflict is over and a friendly govt is in place, I believe gas will flow again at Germany's convenience.

It's a fiat currency thing.

You cannot back your own currency with your own currency. Otherwise it would just be a "What you said is true" kind of situation.

In layman term, country around the world uses foreign currency to back their own currency, that is how it work. let's say your central bank have AUD$100 bill in it. How do you guarantee this worth A$100 when it was printed on a 10c piece of plastic? You guarantee it by holding A$100 equivalent of foreign currency, say you have a A$100 note and $75 USD in the bank, you can use that $75 USD to back your A$100 note, because at any time, you know you can trade your $75 USD to the US Central bank and get A$100 dollars. the same is done in the US to balance their own currency (They uses A$100 to back $75 USD) which mean you can trade between country to back your own currency.

That is done on top of your country own limit of circulation, so you don't lost the excess value of your currency. Which mean you don't need to print as much money to have more tender in circulation and it act as a cushion for any monetary shock. Because Printing money is bad for monetary policy.
Chacha! Bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom