What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is this guy kidding? Even in defeat he is claiming victory, what a fool. Millions of Ukrainians are refugees, Ukraine destroyed, Russians running rampant around the country, they have air domination and an army ready to choose the next target. They have ability to do a Dresden type blitz of Kyiv and many more bigger systems other than nukes to play with. It was never going to be a walk in the park for the Russians, in war there never is. Ukraine is a relatively large and well armed country with a large armament industry and Soviet and Russian trained army. It is surprising how quickly the Russians put the Ukrainians on the defensive and how quickly they achieved their military objectives. What is most likely frightening the Russian generals is the memory of Afghanistan and the long war of attrition they suffered from a Western supported insurgency. With spring and Summer approaching the Ukrainians could well rout the Russian forces if they have adequate supply line of Advance munitions from the West. Russians will then learn like NATO in Iraq and Afghanistan that is is relatively easy to get forces in and hard to get them out.

It's achieved its targets? Thousands of dead Ukranian women children and grandparents, thousands of brave Ukranian men dead, hundreds of thousands of Ukranian homes and businesses destroyed, the Ukranian economy obliterated, tens of thousands of young Russian conscripts dead or wounded, the Russian economy plummeting, Russia turned into a pariah state for decades to come, and a worldwide food and fuel crisis. Well done indeed
LOL,What pariah state? Since when the west is so obsessive about a group of indian? Russia have natural resource and china,india have huge needs,no western countries are needed for this trade. They will never become a "pariah state“ as western wish hard it to be.
If russia is so evil then US and your country UK is at least ten times more evil, US participate in 80% of wars happened after WWII and killed millions of civillians.

it looks like it disintegrated. and the residual fire of what was left of the missile continued to burn.

the problem is that there was no high explosive to propel the shaped charge. so the only way to penetrate the armour is a sabot, which the NLAW is not.
Don't think there are anything to burn on a NLAW Projectile, it is not a rocket, it don't have fuel, it have an explosive warhead, it certainly would not catch fire when it bounce off.

Also, it does not explain why the burning is on the bottom of the turret. As I said, as weird as it was sounded, even if it did catch fire for some reason, the fire is does not exist on the outside, which only lead to one logical conclusion. That is the fire is happening on the inside.

Also if you have enough shape charge HE on that warhead, it can punch thru the top Armor of any tank, as it is around 10-20 mm RHA, and NLAW is designed to to an Armor piecing weapon, well, at least it was advertised as so.

So yes, in my opinion, the warhead punched thru the turret and exploded on the inside, and it start a fire in the crew compartment. I have seen enough AT missile hit a tank to come with this conclusion.

@thetutle Just realised I posted the wrong Youtube clip, I have edited to the correct one.

Last edited:
LOL,What pariah state? Since when the west is so obsessive about a group of indian? Russia have natural resource and china,india have huge needs,no western countries are needed for this trade. They will never become a "pariah state“ as western wish hard it to be.
If russia is so evil then US and your country UK is at least ten times more evil, US participate in 80% of wars happened after WWII and killed millions of civillians.

@kingQamaR, answer to that.

• Haha
Reactions: mmr
They can't really take a longer route to Kyiv, supply and air support would become an issue. Bear in mind, the Russian had already tried to egress from North thru Chernobyl, then again North thru Chernihiv, and then East thru Sumy, had they not done any of the 2, they probably would have enough supply to go from South or thru Donbas if they did a mad dash.

The problem is Russia hold the MSR, not the land, which is why their supply line is constantly getting attacked. And unless this is solved (Which is unlikely, due to a combination of factors such as troop strength, air interdiction and further support) Kyiv is out of reach of Russia.

Russia can try but this will probably at this point be a liability to the entire campaign, if the Russian is smart, they would try to tactically withdraw from Kyiv and use the force elsewhere where they have a chance.
I believe Izium would be the decisive battle to try to take control of the Donbas region on both sides while Russia is keeping some forces in the Northeast and West of Kiev to keep Ukrainian forces there busy. The Ukrainians will need to surround them and destroy or capture them quickly before they dig in around Kiev. Need those loitering munitions to help make a decisive blow. Also perfect opportunity to see how the loitering munitions perform against a near peer adversary and what lessons need to be learn like new tactics or improvements like better range, make it more stealthy, bigger warhead or more jam resistant, etc. Its no coincidence that Ukraine hit that arms depot in Belgorod since that's the supply point for any assault around in or near Izium.

Interesting video. Makes the observation that all Russian drones captured by Ukraine are made of consumer grade electronics from US, Japan and China. :unsure:
Just on the topic
Don't think there are anything to burn on a NLAW Projectile, it is not a rocket, it don't have fuel, it have an explosive warhead, it certainly would not catch fire when it bounce off.

Also, it does not explain why the burning is on the bottom of the turret. As I said, as weird as it was sounded, even if it did catch fire for some reason, the fire is does not exist on the outside, which only lead to one logical conclusion. That is the fire is happening on the inside.

Also if you have enough shape charge HE on that warhead, it can punch thru the top Armor of any tank, as it is around 10-20 mm RHA, and NLAW is designed to to an Armor piecing weapon, well, at least it was advertised as so.

So yes, in my opinion, the warhead punched thru the turret and exploded on the inside, and it start a fire in the crew compartment. I have seen enough AT missile hit a tank to come with this conclusion.
Just out of interest, how would an Abrams or a Challenger fare against the same type of attack?

Just on the topic

Just out of interest, how would an Abrams or a Challenger fare against the same type of attack?
If you hit the top part, it will punch through.

It's achieved its targets? Thousands of dead Ukranian women children and grandparents, thousands of brave Ukranian men dead, hundreds of thousands of Ukranian homes and businesses destroyed, the Ukranian economy obliterated, tens of thousands of young Russian conscripts dead or wounded, the Russian economy plummeting, Russia turned into a pariah state for decades to come, and a worldwide food and fuel crisis. Well done indeed
Not to mention complete lost of any trust or relationship between Ukraine and Russia for many years or even decades to come.

Ukraine doesn't need donbass, but that doesn't mean it should be handed over to Putin either. If they want to be independent within Ukraine, that is an option. After a referendum that is overseen by the UN of course. But it should never be handed over.
Putin is the type to manipulate the referendum by replacing the population with his own. Make it look like they want to be part of Russia. Just like recognizing Donbas and Luhansk as independent countries and later on take them in.

Last edited:
What about east, UA forces are effectively isolated, soo both sides have received heavy blows. With Russian air dominance in Donbass, its gonna be costly for UA too reinforce them positions.

It's better to admit failure and redeploy.

It would suit Russians, if UA went on the offensive because them man portable anti air and armour are less effective.
The Ukrainian forces are not isolated except Mariupol. There are tens of thousands of troops in the east still holding back against the Russian forces which hasn't moved much if you looked at the map. If the Russians try to advanced, they will just get killed from thousands of anti tank missiles and mines and IEDs and whatever else they have there.

But that is not how the perception of evil works. Currently, the US is not perceived as evil, whereas Russia and your China are so perceived.

But that is not how the perception of evil works. Currently, the US is not perceived as evil, whereas Russia and your China are so perceived.
Perceived by you westerners. I get that and I don't think chineses and russians care about that,we are rather happy about that. To be Perceived as evil by our enemy is more like a praise.

test
If you hit the top part, it will punch through.

Not to mention complete lost of any trust or relationship between Ukraine and Russia for many years or even decades to come.

Putin is the type to manipulate the referendum by replacing the population with his own. Make it look like they want to be part of Russia. Just like recognizing Donbas and Luhansk as independent countries and later on take them in.
With the kind of wisdom you displaying, I know exactly where to put you to.

Better for me to enjoy my coffee and coffee cup and smell roses and watching birds and butterflies.

Much more wholesome then reading what flowed from your fingers

Russia is a pariah state. Cant even travel anymore and are kicked out in evry civilized nation.

Reactions: mmr
SITA has kicked out aeroflot

This means Aeroflot must calculate evrything regarding flightroutes ect themself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom