What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here who thinks Rosgvardia are elite Russian troops is downright ignorant. They aren't even conventional troops, which proves they aren't sending their best troops in Phase 1. Yes they've used some VDV (the only credible point you have but VDV role has been minor), Rosgvardia, and Chechen troops and guess what? They now control 50%+ of Ukraine. Ukrainian military is getting destroyed no matter what Twitter tells you, they've had some successes but they have virtually lost half their country.

Nobody is arguing Russia's invasion is flawless but they have captured 50%+ of Ukraine, that with a force of mostly conscripts and Chechens. The reality is Russia is not using their best military force in Phase 1 of the invasion. Recently on CNN one military analyst said 25-30% of Russia's invading force are conscripts, another 1/3 are Kadryov's Chechen troops, the rest being a mix of regular military units and paramilitary.

1st Guard tank army is not being used in Ukraine (they've only been "activated") although they are one of Russia's best. But you just proved my point, the invading force was basically cannon fodder. It does seem however Russia wants to send more trained military units to occupy and expand into Ukraine for Phase 2. Russia cannot afford to lose its best units (especially over Ukraine) in the event they have a conflict with NATO, if they lose the ability to fight conventionally the only real option they have is nuclear.

How is this "+50% of Ukraine" ?

FO_5aW4XsAMts4k.jpg

That's crap to claim Russians only sent second tier forces to attack Ukraine and sent them as cannon fodder,that is just a justification to Russia's poor performance in Ukraine,despite the fact elite tank divisions,VDV and motor rifles brigades were sent to Ukraine but performed so poorly.

You are claiming as if Russia had the same mass as the red army where they could afford to throw in forces without having to care about casualties. We are in 2022,not in 1980.

Russia can't afford to lose pilots,soldiers,tankists,officers,engineers,logisticians etc...

YET again I am asking you this simple question..... care to explain why is there no combined arms operations,severe lack of communication between different units and services (use of non secure communications),poor battle management,poor logistics.... So much that they have to send generals on frontlines),any explanation ?

Last edited:
How is this "+50% of Ukraine" ?

View attachment 828385

That's crap to claim Russians only sent second tier forces to attack Ukraine and sent them as cannon fodder,that is just a justification to Russia's poor performance in Ukraine,despite the fact elite tank divisions,VDV and motor rifles brigades were sent to Ukraine but performed so poorly.

You are claiming as if Russia had the same mass as the red army where they could afford to throw in forces without having to care about casualties. We are in 2022,not in 1980.

Russia can't afford to lose pilots,soldiers,tankists,officers,engineers,logisticians etc...

YET again I am asking you this simple question..... care to explain why is there no combined arms operations,severe lack of communication between different units and services (use of non secure communications),poor battle management,poor logistics.... So much that they have to send generals on frontlines),any explanation ?

They hold 30.7% of Ukraine if you count what they hold today. The devil is in the detail.

I had time on my hands so I did the calculations.

They currently hold approx. 185455 km2 (I included all of donbass) out of 603628 km2 that translates into 30.7% to be precise.

Regions where Russia holds fully or intends to hold fully: Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia, Kherson, Crimea,

Regions where Russia holds partially: 40% of Kyiv Oblast, 50% of Chernihiv, 80% of Sumy Oblast and 20% of Kharkiv Oblast including roughly 5 % of Mykolaiv Oblast..

The question people should be asking is will russia exit from this territories? the answer is no and especially for the 5 fully occupied main while they won't exit the others unless they swap these regions with other regions. I could see them wanting to hold on the part they hold in Kyiv oblast because of Chernobyl nuclear power plant and also they won't be wanting to exchange Kharkiv at all. I think they could swap Chernihiv, Sumy regions with Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Mykolaiv whereas I could see them wanting to exchange the parts they hold of Kyiv oblast with Kharkiv oblast even giving up on Chernobyl.

They initially also wanted Odessa but they do realize that taking Odessa will starve the Ukrainians of a port on the Black sea which would be unfair hence why I believe they will let Odessa stay with Ukraine.

Hence I could fancy an end game of Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia, Kherson, Crimea, Dnipropetrovsk, Kharkiv and Mykolaiv all going to Russia..

This will turn into a DMZ like situation in North and South Korea kind of stand-off and also meaning this war is initially part 1 of two parts franchise. I believe the second engagement when Ukraine and the carved out one eventually collide in the next 15-20 years it would be a much greater war cause I believe it will become nuclear warfare. contrary to many believes here Ukraine will in the end triumph and Russia will fall where NATO will help Ukraine to annex west russia and that will happen in the 2nd part. Ukraine will be partitioned into 2 countries now in the first part but it will triumph in the endgame in the 2nd part 15-20 years later ending with Ukraine annexing West Russia which means fall of Russia.

Last edited:

The world has been multipolar for a while, but the current poles are not similar to the Cold War era.. There is great economic interdependence between countries and various factors..

We all know that the largest store and use of the dollar outside of the US is by China itself .. not for the eyes of the Americans, but because of the position of the dollar, and its strength..

For example, although China is the second largest economy in the world, the Chinese yen does not exceed 2% of the total monetary reserves in the world and does not even exceed the Australian dollar.. Strange right? No.. China actually benefits greatly from its control and manipulation of the price of its currency, as it enables it to maneuver to protect its exports of goods and make their prices appropriate.. Chinese exports are the backbone of the country and controlling the currency is a large part of it.. So far, China has significant restrictions imposed on trading in yen, the amount allowed to leave, etc., as it is not a currency that is completely open to international markets.. And if China wants to make its currency a hard currency in circulation and competing with the dollar, it must first lift all restrictions and manipulations, which is almost impossible given that China will lose its control over exports. Secondly, it is not ready to hold its currency hostage to international trades and global financial markets. In the end, great risks in exchange for goals that may not succeed, and when you see the matter from the perspective of Japan and the Germany to a lesser extent, the globalization of the currency does not always bring results. It may create crises in some cases that are difficult for a country to control (such as Japan in the nineties for example)..

Finally, here comes the actual superiority of the dollar (so far!), which is a legal, institutional and organizational superiority.. We can talk about the stupidity of politicians in the Western world until tomorrow, but no one can deny complete transparency and the tight and legal regulation of the US Federal Bank.. the confidence of international institutions and countries In the dollar, stems from these characteristics + besides that, a diversified, open and integrated economy makes the dollar’s dominance an inevitable security for a long time.. Even the global system followed the same approach. IF IT WORKS WHY CHANGE IT?

Recently, some theories have emerged that the dollar will lose its hegemony due to the sanctions on the Russian Central Bank, which showed everyone that the countries that own the stored currencies have complete control over that money, and that many countries will look for another refuge to avoid such scenarios. The matter is complicated. For example, the Russian Central Bank was offered to seize cash holdings by all countries that own hard currency, not just US dollar, (euro, yen, Japanese pound, Canadian and Australian dollars), and even going to some alternatives, such as gold, a limited precedent, because even storing gold when you want to sell it You will be obliged to sell it in the international markets that use the currencies that you are punished with, and even if you want to sell it to a friendly or neutral country such as China for example, then China must be in need or willing to buy that gold from you, otherwise why would they buy it as well? Or it can give you a lower price than the international market in order to sell it more expensive than that, but in this case what is the use of this stock of yours in the first place if you will sell it at a loss?

In sum: the world is not only Europe and America, but the western economy (North America + Europe + Australia + Japan and Korea) constitutes 75% of the global economy, and any alliance of these countries against any party is very influential .. the world is multipolar since a while, but the poles are not equal, and the West Pole is eerily huge and horribly controlled..

But luckily, resources, raw materials and the largest human mass are outside this pole, which creates a kind of balance..

Last edited:

Russia bombs deliberatly civilians, uses chemical weapons, starts wars to incorporate land ect. There is very low standards regarding human rights.

Well, the money of your parents wont save you from the masses...

73% of germans support cut of russian gas.

Some communist eastern germans are not the masses

Russia bombs deliberatly civilians, uses chemical weapons, starts wars to incorporate land ect. There is very low standards regarding human rights.

73% of germans support cut of russian gas.

Some communist eastern germans are not the masses

We will be effected massively tho and I was reading a report saying we could only first cycle completely off the Russian gas by 2027

200 Belarusian volunteers fighting against Russia :guns:

We will be effected massively tho and I was reading a report saying we could only first cycle completely off the Russian gas by 2027
How low can temperatures get in Germany? Do your homes typically have a fireplace?

How low can temperatures get in Germany? Do your homes typically have a fireplace?

Fireplace? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

What do you think this is the 17-18 century?

The weather is not overly cold like other places such as Poland, Belarus, Ukraine or Russia itself it is more like UK, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium. It is cold but moderate cold.

We still need heating systems inside every house during the winter to keep the room temperature at average 20-25 degrades celisus

Roman Abramovich 'was the TARGET of peace-talk "chocolate poisoning" that left him temporarily blind and shedding skin: Attack was 'a warning not to betray the Kremlin', investigator behind shocking revelation claims​

Reactions: mmr
This war is helpful in exposing many. Firstly it exposed the hypocrisy of west. It also exposed reality of many so called Pakistanis, who live in west. It proved how loyal these ppl are to the west, even though claiming to care for Pakistan.
If we see india for comparison, they follow their govt line and most indians are pro russia in this war, even the ones living abroad. While Pakistanis living abroad are pro west and going against Pakistan govt position. This is the reason we remove dual nationals from our govt positions, most of these ppl are more loyal to the new country. It seems Pakistan will not be on good terms with the west in the near future, in this case, mostly these dual nationals will be used against Pakistan and most of them will be happy to backstab Pakistan. Imran khan as usual is a fool and gave power to dual nationals, i hope all that is reversed. I say they should not even be allowed to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom