What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mariuopol is trying to be another Stalingrad. But I don't know how, without direct NATO help, they can escape total destruction and an eventual capitulation. Russians have made a reasonable offer to let even the soldiers leave with their weapons. It's looking bad in Mariuopol

There is a dilemma there. If the Ukr soliders leave Mariopol the freed up Ru soldiers would easily encircle the Ukr forces in the east or Ukr soldiers have to retreat. Unless a ceasefire in certain sectors in place to gain time Ukraine will do counter attacks in west and attrition as much as possible in Mariopol keeping the Russian forces busy. If for example a general ceasefire( it may include slowing down weapon supplies to Ukraine so no gearing up for counter attack) is reached or at least a limited unconditional ceasefire in certain eastern sections connected to mariopol and encirclement is not an issue they can order Ukr forces to leave north of Mariopol. But ceasefires are fragile that is another issue they can easily be encircled if it is broken.

A general ceaseifre would be more durable that includes measures like no weapon flow from both Polish border and no Russian side armor pouring in and it would give time for negotiations. Russia already took large amount of land which would possibly include Mariopol as well after ceasefire.

Last edited:
So finally Russia is craving two or more countries, and west can do anything!

There is a dilemma there. If the Ukr soliders leave Mariopol the freed up Ru soldiers would easily encircle the Ukr forces in the east or Ukr soldiers have to retreat. Unless a ceasefire in certain sectors in place to gain time Ukraine will do counter attacks in west and attrition as much as possible in Mariopol keeping the Russian forces busy. If for example a general ceasefire( it may include slowing down weapon supplies to Ukraine so no gearing up for counter attack) is reached or at least a limited unconditional ceasefire in certain eastern sections connected to mariopol and encirclement is not an issue they can order Ukr forces to leave north of Mariopol. But ceasefires are fragile that is another issue they can easily be encircled if it is broken.

Yes that is why Ukrainians may fight to the death at Mariopol

The weather is now favourable to the Ukrainians unlike at Stalingrad.

Good analysis.
Mariuopol is a key to gains and losses for both sides as well as for a potential ceasefire.

Good analysis.
Mariuopol is a key to gains and losses for both sides as well as for a potential ceasefire.

More is the Ukrainian resistance; more disastrous, it would be for them. That is my perception.

@gambit

Did you remember we had talked about who is in charge of the overall battlefield a few days ago and I have said that no one is (Well, I actually joked that Putin is in charge)

CNN did a very good discussion with Maj Gen. James Marks today about who's actually in charge of the Russian overall battlefield command (C2) in Ukraine, and according to DoD. They don't seems to be able to pin it on any particular general either.

God, that's good, because I thought I was the crazy one.

come up and comment when you are on.

Last edited:
More is the Ukrainian resistance; more disastrous, it would be for them. That is my perception.

So it shows Ukrainians would rather die than be under Russian domination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom