What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this agreement is enacted, then Putin's objectives are being realized and agreed to by the Ukrainian dealership. 👇

This is a very dangerous agreement if true - ie not being allowed to defend yourself by having a military means that Russia will take another nibble again - that is why they are so insistent on that clause. This is not "over" for Ukraine ...

I don't think I even implied that. I have been saying in this thread multiple times: China gains the most from this and America the next to gain.
IMO it is far too early to determine who will be gaining the most. This is probably just the start to a whole chain of events that will usher in an age of chaos for the world. Ukraine is definitely fucked. Europe will definitely accelerate its decline. Russia will definitely suffer as it reorients its economy from the sanctions.

It is unclear how much the US will gain from this. I think geopolitically the US stands to gain but that’s different from how the American people will fare. As for China, it will have both opportunities and challenges from this situation but imo, China will accelerate its rise regardless of what happens. The reality is that China is already the most powerful nation state and other countries will just have to deal with it, regardless of how much they hate or deny this reality. China will keep pushing forward and will tackle whatever challenges it faces.

It wont. Russia is a european country. Even in hardest cold war times they always wanted contact to Europe. For Europe its also a loss but i dont see how this can be repaired.

Europe is a political concept, not a physical concept. You can drive from Beijing to London in your car. The only countries of Europe you cannot drive to from Beijing in your car are Iceland and Ireland. By definition, Europe and Asia are one continent, not two separate continents. And those who say they are are racists.

IMO it is far too early to determine who will be gaining the most. This is probably just the start to a whole chain of events that will usher in an age of chaos for the world. Ukraine is definitely fucked. Europe will definitely accelerate its decline. Russia will definitely suffer as it reorients its economy from the sanctions.

It is unclear how much the US will gain from this. I think geopolitically the US stands to gain but that’s different from how the American people will fare. As for China, it will have both opportunities and challenges from this situation but imo, China will accelerate its rise regardless of what happens. The reality is that China is already the most powerful nation state and other countries will just have to deal with it, regardless of how much they hate or deny this reality. China will keep pushing forward and will tackle whatever challenges it faces.

China is definitely now the most powerful economic state on the planet but still a fair way behind the US militarily, especially in navy.

It is better on land than USA but still somewhat behind in air, although I expect this gap to almost totally disappear over the next 10-15 years.

Last edited:
China is definitely now the most powerful economic state on the planet but still a fair way behind the US, especially in navy.

It is better on land than USA but still somewhat behind in air, although I expect this gap to almost totally disappear over the next 10-15 years.

China is better in air. Plus, China is surrounded by natural land barriers. China is a natural land fortress. The only way to invade China is by sea. That is why navy is important for China.

Europe is a political concept, not a physical concept. You can drive from Beijing to London in your car. The only countries of Europe you cannot drive to from Beijing in your car are Iceland and Ireland. By definition, Europe and Asia are one continent, not two separate continents. And those who say they are are racists.

There is a new iron curtain in Europe now and thats all Putins fault.

China is definitely now the most powerful economic state on the planet but still a fair way behind the US, especially in navy.

When I say that China is the most powerful nation state, I'm not talking about military inventory. The US has had a humongous military budget for decades, China has just recently become equivalently sized as an economy, and even then, is spending a fraction of its budget on the military versus the US.

What I mean is that China has the most capacity and ability of any country to adapt to extreme challenges and emerge victorious. China has the most educated human resources under its control, its system is disciplined and can orient society in a way that can handle major challenges during periods of chaos that the West simply can't. China is by far the greatest industrial superpower in the world, if it switched its economy to a war time footing, it would quickly surpass America's military inventory within 5 years.

The West is still in denial about this reality. There is always this notion that as long as the West is hostile to China or if they deny China something, China will be on its way to collapse and will be put back into that little bottle and disappear. That's not going to happen. China has managed to revive as a great power and civilization, and is quickly becoming a developed country with immense resources. Think about a Germany or Japan but 10X bigger. China is here as the world's greatest nation state and will not be going away, the rest of the world will just have to adjust to this reality.

China is nowhere near having the comprehensive national power the United States possesses. Not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom