What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's life man. We did what we can to help them. The biggest strategic mistake the West ever did was to push Russia into our embrace.
Incidentally, while China disapproves of the Russian move, it regards the reason to be 'legitimate security concerns'.

AKA Nato.

Should’ve put petrol in my car, ffs. Anyways I hope all Ukrainians stay safe, all we wish for is peace and not war. I hope this does to spiral out of control

Good to hear that, bud. Sadly, your PM BoJo is on a warpath and even more aggressive than the Americans.

I wonder what is his obsession and dislike with Putin. Seems more like a way for more BP/ Shell oil to flow to the rest of EU while cutting out Russian O&G.

Incidentally, while China disapproves of the Russian move, it regards the reason to be 'legitimate security concerns'.

AKA Nato.
It's just lip service. We don't really condone open invasion of sovereign countries but Ukraine is the cradle of Russian civilization.

America conquering Afghanistan is not the same as Russia conquering Ukraine.

It is more like if Pakistan conquered Afghanistan. Many Afghans hate Pakistan, but many are okay with it. If Pakistan was rich (which it is not) and developed Afghanistan there won't be any insurgency. Especially if all foreign meddling and support was stopped.

The Ukraine situation will play out similar to how Russia subdued Chechnya. They devastated the place and then rebuilt it into a prosperous place. Now Grozny looks like an oil sheikhdom. They managed to do that even though Chechnya is Muslim.

Ukrainians are Slavic Christians and very similar to Russians. They will become a brotherly country.
Interesting take. It was because of the insurgency threat that I thought this invasion would never take place.

Good to hear that, bud. Sadly, your PM BoJo is on a warpath and even more aggressive than the Americans.

I wonder what is his obsession and dislike with Putin. Seems more like a way for more BP/ Shell oil to flow to the rest of EU while cutting out Russian O&G.
No one likes trumps twin brother here, him being pm has crippled the uk, brexit being one of his many mistakes, I just hope he doesn’t get more involved in Ukraine than we need to.

Interesting take. It was because of the insurgency threat that I thought this invasion would never take place.

It looks like up to this point, the Russians are terrified of urban warfare, and trying to avoid it completely. Because the Russians know the Ukrainians are armed with advanced small arms and anti armor weapons from the West.

Sanctions from the West may not worry Putin: Policy strategist​

@5:28 = Ousting from SWIFT could have hurt Russia but West ain't doing that.

Russia’s crude exports are irreplaceable: Cornerstone Analytics founder​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom