What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ukrainian Nationalists killed about 100,000 poles. Their great and revered leader is considered a war criminal in Poland.

And the polish enslaved the Ukrainians. Like I said they have their own bloody history.

It looks like up to this point, the Russians are terrified of urban warfare, and trying to avoid it completely. Because the Russians know the Ukrainians are armed with advanced small arms and anti armor weapons from the West.
I think because it is important to secure the main targets first, fighting in towns slows down the overall advance.

Towns can be isolated and taken care of afterwards.

Interesting take. It was because of the insurgency threat that I thought this invasion would never take place.

The Russians will make Ukraine much better off than it was. There will be no insurgency.

Meanwhile NATO

18765897_1455842101106029_4211483597444703415_n.jpg

Sanctions from the West may not worry Putin: Policy strategist​

@5:28 = Ousting from SWIFT could have hurt Russia but West ain't doing that.

Russia’s crude exports are irreplaceable: Cornerstone Analytics founder​

Germany is not ready for that. Germany had the chance to weather the rising energy prices in the second half of last year but it ended up doing nothing since the politics were too busy with elections and regime changes. What followed is a massive energy price spikes and a government that is absent.

Looks like it’s full scale war?

Considering how it looks, should PM Khan cut short the visit and head home? What is the protocol when a neutral party’s leader is visiting a country when war starts between the host and another nation?

He's far away as a state guest in the most secure part of Moscow. Given that Pakistan is as neutral in this as we are, he is completely safe and no one would want to change that.

It took weeks to reach Baghdad during the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Ukraine is far more powerful than Iraq so Russian progress is incredibly rapid.

My thoughts as well. Iraq was also ganged up by multiple countries and was already severely weakened after the gulf wars.

The issue that I am seeing here is the lack of fighting spirit and readiness of the Ukrainian people. Iraqis on the other hands, quickly formed resistance groups that are independent from their government already before the shock and awe started.

America conquering Afghanistan is not the same as Russia conquering Ukraine.

It is more like if Pakistan conquered Afghanistan. Many Afghans hate Pakistan, but many are okay with it. If Pakistan was rich (which it is not) and developed Afghanistan there won't be any insurgency. Especially if all foreign meddling and support was stopped.

The Ukraine situation will play out similar to how Russia subdued Chechnya. They devastated the place and then rebuilt it into a prosperous place. Now Grozny looks like an oil sheikhdom. They managed to do that even though Chechnya is Muslim.

Ukrainians are Slavic Christians and very similar to Russians. They will become a brotherly country.
Doubt you actually know how much the Ukrainians hate the Russians. When you taste freedom, its hard to give it up.

The UNHCR has announced it will stage a massive Refugee operation not seen since the 2015 EU migrant crisis, says it will deploy to Romania, Moldova and Poland, as an estimate 120.000 Ukrainian civilians flee their country from Russian attacks.

This is a map of the Ukrainian Air Force...well from Wikipedia.

Screenshot_2018-07-29 Ukrainian Air Force - Wikipedia.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom