What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, Exactly to the point! How not to like the Americans. I`m always surprise, how many people don`t really get the dynamics in Europe for the last 30 years. Soviet Union USED TO BE Russia + Ukraine + Belorussia + many more. The Rus-Ukr war is something like a back to past soviet civil war. Old thinking vs. New Thinking. Old Soviets vs. Current Reality in Europe. It seems , that Mr. P is really getting old and wants to have his young glory Soviet years back.
For this Russians this makes perfect sense. Their original country, the Russian Empire, was destroyed by bolsheviks and communists who gave territorial autonomy to various ethnic groups, from Luthuanians to Kazakhs. To a Russian imperialist, this is terrible.

When he USSR broke away the Russian imperialists looked around and realised that the Russian empire has just been stolen from the Russian people and land given away to the lesser humans, like ukranians, Kazakhs, Latvians. And now they want it back.

Russian Imperial ambitions wil have to be crushed, economically and militarily. There is no other way.

The "rearming" of Ukraine only happened AFTER Russian invasion, not before. So tell me, what kind of threat Ukraine has become with old MIGs and 1 Single ship and 1000 odd tanks?

I was never saying Ukraine was armed but Ukraine started to buy and build at great speed and most of these projects or purchases never arrived. All these co-ventures happened post-2020.

Example they gave up their own nuclear weapons and that itself tells you this was a country that was never militarily ambitious and I know about their navy condition which is in bad state.

But it has nothing to do with money them neglecting the military but it is their own fault and due to lack of military ambitions and obviously very badly leaders came thru since the 90s. Example Look at Algeria it can go toe to toe with France in a conflict because it has armed itself handsomely thru out these years because they were involved in an arms race with Morocco.

Check India and Pakistan their arms race has them literally above France and Britain. Again not economy related but ambitions. Taiwan is 5 times better armed then Ukraine again due to military ambtions and need for defense etc etc. North Korea is poor country but better armed then Ukraine also by alot.

When military and your existence become tied up you spend on it but if you have no need for survival nor facing threats then the military tends to get neglected

Last edited:
I was never saying Ukraine was armed but Ukraine started to buy and build at great speed and most of these projects or purchases never arrived. All these co-ventures happened post-2020.

Example they gave up their own nuclear weapons and that itself tells you this was a country that was never militarily ambitious and I know about their navy condition which is in bad state.

But it has nothing to do with money them neglecting the military but it is their own fault and due to lack of military ambitions and obviously very badly leaders came thru since the 90s. Example Look at Algeria it can go toe to toe with France in a conflict because it has armed itself handsomely thru out these years because they were involved in an arms race with Morocco.

Check India and Pakistan their arms race has them literally above France and Britain. Again not economy related but ambitions. Taiwan is 5 times better armed then Ukraine again due to military ambtions and need for defense etc etc. North Korea is poor country but better armed then Ukraine also
If they are not armed, then how are they "threaten" Russia? With what? Harsh word?

Again, you are talking about being a "Threat" to Russia, not Algeria or Libya, you need to be more than "Armed" to be a threat to Russia, ambition alone is not going to cut it. Do you even understand that?

Well, but then seeing what are they doing to Russia, maybe you were right, they were indeed a "threat" to Russia lol. But then that's because of Russia own sheer incompetence. Not because Ukraine is armed to the teeth.

Well, but then seeing what are they doing to Russia, maybe you were right, they were indeed a "threat" to Russia lol. But then that's because of Russia own sheer incompetence. Not because Ukraine is armed to the teeth.

They were not armed to teeth but were about to get armed to the teeth..

As I said previously I am completely neutral in this conflict. I am geninuely hoping for Ukrainian success as they are the party attacked here

Not sure if you aware, nobody talk about Russia in the US.

Ordinary people may not talk about it, but the Establishment knows that the US has only two major adversaries: China, economically, and Russia, militarily.

Neutralizing Russia also simplifies the equation in the South China Sea and Taiwan.

This whole conflict was engineered by the US through NATO expansion which the US knew would push Putin's buttons. What's surprising is that a smart politician like Merkel allowed herself to be played by the US. Germany should have vetoed all eastward expansion of NATO post USSR.
Why would Germany want Russian troops on its border? Of course they wanted NATO to expand east. The further the Russians are the better.

I am one of the few people who predicted this war was happening months before it did and others were just laughing it off. I am telling you now.. Finland will either become Russian puppet by offering them Russian bases or get invaded cause I don't see any other alternative.

Putin is a Russian security first ''type of fanatic'' guy and his not the type of guy to do half-measures or leave pages unturned

Give it some years and you will see when he starts to ease up on Finland slowly
I agree, but I think a large chunk of Finland will not mind having russian bases. They are a strange bunch of people.

And they would not actively fight an invasion. they just dont have the capacity to resist. They are more concerned about gay rights.

If they really want to remain free they can join NATO now! but they wont, They down even have the courage to do that.

At the same time they wil not be the next victims. Probably Moldova or Kazakstan.

If Russians go into Kazakhstan and just massacre everyone, the west wont do a darn thing. They have the blessing of being muslim and loving asian. two things the west really does not care about. Its almost as bad as being muslim and African.

So Moldova and Kazakstan next.

Last edited:
Why would Germany want Russian troops on its border? Of course they wanted NATO to expand east. The further the Russians are the better.

What Russian troops were at Germany's border in 1991?

Which option do you think is better for Germany?
1. Have Poland as a buffer state between it and Russia with no commitment on Germany's part?
2. Make a commitment to defend Poland if there was a conflict with Russia or Belarus for whatever reason?

Why commit yourself to fight someone else's war?
Why let some other country's leader decide when your troops go to war?

After this crisis, no one would like to touch Nato with a 10 foot pole, seeing its incompetence and cowardice.

Biden saved by Putin? No, trump is sure to win. Biden is sure to lose.

Yiwu, China has started manufacturing supplies for 2024. Trump's goods orders far exceed Biden's, which shows that trump has more chaebol support. Every time China Yiwu passes the goods order, it is expected that the result of the US election has never been missed, and so is this time.
If you are serious then you can't be serious. I have been in America for a long time and the politics here seem to change on the dime. Yes, historically midterms are not good for the party in power but the trend is bucked occasionally--such as Bill Clinton's one of the midterms. People have fickle memories. And Trump... I believe if Trump were the POTUS we would not be in this situation despite BOTH warmongering parties' congressmen/senators wanting belligerence. Biden is on a level of arrogance and ignorance hard to find in any American president that I have seen at least in the last 3 decades I have been here.

America hopefully wont lose India, it plans to fight china tot he last Indian in the future.

Failing that America will open bases in Bangladesh and develop it. Its a democracy, the people the nice. It will make Bangladesh the unsinkable aircraft carrier in Asia - South east Asia.

With respect, I don't think you know the Indian influence in America already and how that influence may, one day, be one of the topmost factors in American politics. Indians are working on that and its visible. My only wish is that if the Indian influence wins then it would not be of the BJP type. And as for Bangladesh.... a literally sinking nation to make 'the unsinkable aircraft carrier'?? Some irony! With all due respect, BD is a nation thriving because it is on the periphery of the Eurasian conflict. The closer you are to the Eurasian conflict zones, the more rewards or punishments you get. BD is at a sweet spot of neither here or there.... and good for them. Long ago, I had wished Pakistan was in some Pacific island region. The curse of Eurasia is a curse for eternity.

And you can say whatever you say about abstaining. But if these country are REALLY with Russia, they would go right up against this resolution, not abstaining. But I am pretty sure you know that too.

China accuses US and NATO as 'culprits' of Russia's war in Ukraine​

China tagged the US and NATO as the "culprits" of the ongoing war in Ukraine, a day after US President Joe Biden branded Russia's President Vladimir Putin a "war criminal" for the first time. | via AFP

Reactions: sur
What Russian troops were at Germany's border in 1991?

Which option do you think is better for Germany?
1. Have Poland as a buffer state between it and Russia with no commitment on Germany's part?
2. Make a commitment to defend Poland if there was a conflict with Russia or Belarus for whatever reason?

Why commit yourself to fight someone else's war?
Why let some other country's leader decide when your troops go to war?
As a German I would choose option number 2.

It allows Poland to have a whole alliance supporting it before it falls to russia. Were it aloe, Germany risks having this war on its border.

Now they are much better isolated form Russia. The price of having Russian troops in Poland now are much much higher.

This was an easy decision for the germans.

With respect, I don't think you know the Indian influence in America already and how that influence may, one day, be one of the topmost factors in American politics. Indians are working on that and its visible. My only wish is that if the Indian influence wins then it would not be of the BJP type. And as for Bangladesh.... a literally sinking nation to make 'the unsinkable aircraft carrier'?? Some irony! With all due respect, BD is a nation thriving because it is on the periphery of the Eurasian conflict. The closer you are to the Eurasian conflict zones, the more rewards or punishments you get. BD is at a sweet spot of neither here or there.... and good for them. Long ago, I had wished Pakistan was in some Pacific island region. The curse of Eurasia is a curse for eternity.
People we talking about a greta Chinese influence in America also. Where is it now? America just eliminates this influence once it does not fit into its plans.

If India steps out of line, US will find an alternative. Personally I think Bangladesh is a great option. And yes its funny they kid of are sinking. but not really, their landmass in increasing every year in the delta area. New islands are popping up all the time. They are betting extra land without war.

God is rewarding them for being very good people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom