What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am willing to go out on a limb here...

Russian troops cannot count on VKS support any more. As long as the Ukrainian Air Force can sortie, even scant numbers they are, they will be able to keep whatever VKS fighters mostly away from Ukrainian ground forces and the VKS fighters will resort to civilian targets bombing, which is atrocious. Civilian targets are stationary, highly visible, colorful, undefended, and the VKS fighters can move up to a higher and safer altitude. But attacking civilian targets means Russia knew the Ukrainians would be using them for shelters, so was that the plan? Collapsing buildings compels other civilians to become rescuers, further demoralizing the civilian population.
If you are given a direct order to bomb a building that you suspect is civilian, will you obey? I'm curious about what soldiers think is ethical in this scenario. Question open to all military professionals in this forum who are willing to respond. Average civilians like me are curious :unsure:

1. "The world" is with him ? Yet you list some countries which are not and you have not included Syria which is ready to send soldiers to help the Russians.

2. To put across a technicality China is not a Communist society and I say that as a Communist. But yes let's see if China will send things towards Russia's war effort.

Let's first see if the Ukranian government has the claim of legitimacy. Throwing around words like "The Ilovaisk massacre" is very BBC, very CNN.
Yes the world is with the people of Ukraine. No matter how this war plays out Russia is a big loser.

If you are given a direct order to bomb a building that you suspect is civilian, will you obey? I'm curious about what soldiers think is ethical in this scenario. Question open to all military professionals in this forum who are willing to respond. Average civilians like me are curious :unsure:
As far as the soldiers i know. They will carry any order they are given. The Moral Ethics of the order they carry out come out in thr form of PTSDs , Sucides , Isolated behavior and other Mental issues afterwards.
And that is probably true with soldiers of any professional army.

As far as the soldiers i know. They will carry any order they are given. The Moral Ethics of the order they carry out come out in thr form of PTSDs , Sucides , Isolated behavior and other Mental issues afterwards.
And that is probably true with soldiers of any professional army.
I was expecting the opposite. Maybe so because I've never been in conflict zones

Let me tell you a story. This is not about medal, or doing anything about bravery. This is about how I get my first strike as a Second Lieutenant. (3 strike and you will get a other than honorable discharge)

In 2003, I was a 2LT leading a platoon trying to make our way to Baghdad. We were running a convoy, and my order is we don't stop for shit until we reach the next Phaseline (a progress line of sort where you mark the advance)

We were going off Highway 7 down south, just North of Nasiriyah going up to Baghdad this is where the shit hit the fan. We were stopped at a check point, another unit were ahead trying to secure the road so we mech inf can run thru. We stop and waiting on them.

An old guy come up to my Humvee and cradling holding a young boy. Must have been 8 or 9, he claim the boy was hit by a Humvee from the unit that went ahead and secure the road. The old guy come up and my terp told me he needed help as the nearest hospital is very far away and there are no ambulance service to bring him there, in short, he was dying and there are nothing this Iraqi family can do.

So I put him on my car, drove back to Nasiriyah and all the way back to Basra, by then the British took it. And they set up a CCP (Casualty Clearing Point) and a Role 2 hospital somewhere. We drove the boy and the father all the way to the role 2. And the British surgeon (Think he was a major) refused to look at the boy because this was not "Allied Casualty" Then I ask him what is an "Allied Casualty", he said it have to be either one of us or we shot him to be qualified, otherwise they were to divert to local care. Which for me it's Bullshit because there are no local care in war.....

So I pull out my sidearm in front of the major, point it at the boy's hand, and told the British doctor "Do you want me to shoot him and make him an Allied Casualty" I remember the major face turned grey, I saw dead bodies and I never see blood coming out of someone face like that. And he ask the orderlies and wheel the boy in. And then afterward he come out and told me this was "Unacceptable" and I will hear about that. 3 weeks later, command issued me with a reprimand.

Last edited:
Yes the world is with the people of Ukraine. No matter how this war plays out Russia is a big loser.
China and India are with Russia. That's 2.8 billion people with Russia more than the entire western pro Ukrainian population. Which world is with Ukraine again?

China Sells U.S. LNG to Europe at a Hefty Profit​

1200x-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Russia is making $1 billion a day from oil sale to Europe, right? They're losing tens of billions a day financing this war, and have lost hundreds of billions due to sanctions.

They're in the red, and once this war is over, there are gonna be a lot of returning soldiers asking where their pay is.

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Logged in just to point out just how absurd this claim is that every mental slave in this thread seem to keep making.

Few pages back you couldn't tell how Zelensky has fortunate of $560 Millions. Was that due to being a Mental Slave?
First of all, there is absolutely no disputing that Russia is spending a lot of money for this war.

BUT

Let me repeat my earlier question which I put several hundred pages ago.

Do you have an authentic source which supports your claim that Russia loses 10s of billions of $$ a DAY due to this war?

Lets just analyse a bit and do a little calculation:

If Russia is losing 10s of billions a day, it would mean at least 20 $ billion a day (otherwise it is 10 and not 10s of billions).

Now the war is in its 22nd day.

That would mean Russia has already spent/lost MINIMUM of 440 $ billion? o_O

Where the heck are they getting this money from? And above all, does that make any sense? :undecided:
You'd never get answer on this from @That Guy
No Germany is not paying for Gas from sanctioned money.

That money is just frozen, which means if in future things settle down and sanctions lifted, it will be repaid.

Payments made for gas are different.
@Apollon Hope above answer drills some sense in your head. :devil:

Let me tell you a story. This is not about medal, or doing anything about bravery. This is about how I get my first strike as a Second Lieutenant. (3 strike and you will get a other than honorable discharge)

In 2003, I was a 2LT leading a platoon trying to make our way to Baghdad. We were running a convoy, and my order is we don't stop for shit until we reach the next Phaseline (a progress line of sort where you mark the advance)

We were going off Highway 7 down south, just North of Nasiriyah going up to Al Kut (Halfway to Baghdad) this is where the shit hit the fan. We were stopped at a check point, another unit were ahead trying to secure the road so we mech inf can run thru. We stop and waiting on them.

An old guy come up to my Humvee and cradling holding a young boy. Must have been 8 or 9, he claim the boy was hit by a Humvee from the unit that went ahead and secure the road. The old guy come up and my terp told me he needed help as the nearest hospital is very far away and there are no ambulance service to bring him there, in short, he was dying and there are nothing this Iraqi family can do.

So I put him on my car, drove back to Nasiriyah and all the way back to Basra, by then the British took it. And they set up a CCP (Casualty Clearing Point) and a Role 2 hospital somewhere. We drove the boy and the father all the way to the role 2. And the British surgeon (Think he was a major) refused to look at the boy because this was not "Allied Casualty" Then I ask him what is an "Allied Casualty", he said it have to be either one of us or we shot him to be qualified, otherwise they were to divert to local care. Which for me it's Bullshit because there are no local care in war.....

So I pull out my sidearm in front of the major, point it at the boy's hand, and told the British doctor "Do you want me to shoot him and make him an Allied Casualty" I remember the major face turned grey, I saw dead bodies and I never see blood coming out of someone face like that. And he ask the orderlies and wheel the boy in. And then afterward he come out and told me this was "Unacceptable" and I will hear about that. 3 weeks later, command issued me with a reprimand.
You are a honorable person :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom