What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point Ukraine would have been included in NATO. Indeed over the horizon EU membership as well. By doing what Putin has he has pretty well stopped that. This event has made it clear to Washington. Don't even think. Thus we can call this pre-emptive. Had Russia taken such posture in 1990s NATO would still be parked on River Oder. But then Boris was too busy supping bottles of Vodka ... !

Finland says debate on NATO membership 'will change' after Russian invasion​

Finish Prime Minister Sanna Marin on Thursday said Russia’s invasion of Ukraine will change the debate around NATO membership within her country.

"Finland is not currently facing an immediate military threat, but it is also now clear that the debate on NATO membership in Finland will change," Marin said, YLE News reported.

Finland has been debating for months whether the country should apply for NATO membership, with Marin saying it would require broad support for the country to move forward with an application.

Finland and Sweden, who are both not officially members of NATO, will be at a summit the alliance will host Friday.

Finland's president, Sauli Niinistö, condemned Russia’s attack and President Vladimir Putin, saying "the mask has now come off and only the cold face of war is visible,” according to YLE.

I target the supply lines, more vulnerable less trained troops. Tanks and IFVs need ammos and fuel, without them, they are sitting ducks. War 101.
I know this is meant to fill people with pride and resolve, but Russians seeing this just recognize a Turkey Shoot.

So that means the Russians have reached Mariupol
Ukraine claim: the governor of Maripol (Ukraine) said that they defended the city and did not lose any land, just a few hours ago. But of course, it is one of the most critical cities for the Russian operation at the moment and there is a possibility that Russia will enter with its own army even if the militants fail. One of the cities that Putin named the past weeks was Maripol (while talking about a barrier against the NATO threat)

I target the supply lines, more vulnerable less trained troops. Tanks and IFVs need ammos and fuel, without them, they are sitting ducks. War 101.

President Biden has been presented cyber attack options that would target Russian supply lines.

Folks, look at how the market behaves today. It is very funny. All major indexes in the north america have recovered and my company stock even jumped near 5%. The drop of Euro against US dollar also recovers a bit. Does that mean the war is proceeding smoothly so people don't expect it to drag on?

The oil price hike has also retreated.

I know this is meant to fill people with pride and resolve, but Russians seeing this just recognize a Turkey Shoot.
Tactics is similar to Gulf War 2, head straight for Baghdad quick but have long slow vulnerable supply lines targeted by Iraqis.

Folks, look at how the market behaves today. It is very funny. All major indexes in the north america have recovered and my company stock even jumped near 5%. The drop of Euro against US dollar also recovers a bit. Does that mean the war is proceeding smoothly so people don't expect it to drag on?

The oil price hike has also retreated.

Buy low

Everyone knows the markets are massively oversold.

Has anyone shared the video where cigarettes are given to punished Ukrainian prisoners yet?

If only the Russian commanders had briefed the troops a little on the principles of the Geneva Convention before the operation... They started committing war crimes from day one.

So what about Vietnam war or Gulf War 2?

Nations destroyed while US/West achieved their objectives... Nations destroyed indeed. Did US win Vietnam? Gulf on fire still and that was the objective. No military victory. No WMDs in Iraq, you see. Objectives were everywhere my friend. Installing the western style democracy and that's it. Here, democracy means puppets and inject western culture/values into a society which has their own history. Sigh.

All of NATO Vs Iraq. Alas. None of invaded countries could match US power and you call it victory. NATO was supposed to stop Russia. Even in Syria, they are unchallenged.

Has anyone shared the video where cigarettes are given to punished Ukrainian prisoners yet?

If only the Russian commanders had briefed the troops a little on the principles of the Geneva Convention before the operation... They started committing war crimes from day one.
Link me please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom