What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Means nothing concrete. Just a promise that is called "full faith and credit" of the government.
Demand is not something that can alter by the government tho, so this is not straightly "Full faith and credit"

It's the same if I am a supplier, there are NO WAY for me to manipulate "Demand", because if I can, I would already been a quadrillionaire.

Wrong. Categorically wrong.

Show the contract where NATO said we would not accept new members who seek protection from russian agression.

Show the document please.

That said, glad you accept my other two points that russias neighbors would be crazy not to join NATO

Demand is not something that can alter by the government tho, so this is not straightly "Full faith and credit"

It's the same if I am a supplier, there are NO WAY for me to manipulate "Demand", because if I can, I would already been a quadrillionaire.
That promise is a faith. The government is asking you to have a faith in it. It will break it from time to time but you need to have a faith in it. That is why it is nothing concrete, certainly not a guarantee. Like Nixon said, "The dollar is our currency but it is your problem."

These are insane losses over 3 weeks. At this rate, Russia will lose more than a third of its forces by mid April. Combat ineffectiveness is approaching.
I like what german chancellor Scholz said about german weapons killing russian soldiers: thats putins fault. No russian soldiers in Ukraine-> no dead soldiers

Nonesense. NATO said this unofficially to the SOVIET Union, that it will not expand to the east Germany, in the time it still existed. After this many this hapenned. Warsaw Pact disbanned, Sovier Union disbanned by the Decision of Russia, Ukraine and Belorussia. Why Russia thinks is the Soviet Union ? I think, Mr. P has somekind of a Problem here.

At least in Mikhail Gorbachev mind, NATO never said that.

According to an interview Gorbachev did with Russia Beyond the Headline. Gorbachev said NATO had never mentioned anything about moving East, at least to his recollection.

RBTH: One of the key issues that has arisen in connection with the events in Ukraine is NATO expansion into the East. Do you get the feeling that your Western partners lied to you when they were developing their future plans in Eastern Europe? Why didn’t you insist that the promises made to you – particularly U.S. Secretary of State James Baker’s promise that NATO would not expand into the East – be legally encoded? I will quote Baker: “NATO will not move one inch further east.”

M.G.: The topic of “NATO expansion” was not discussed at all
, and it wasn’t brought up in those years. I say this with full responsibility. Not a singe Eastern European country raised the issue, not even after the Warsaw Pact ceased to exist in 1991. Western leaders didn’t bring it up, either. Another issue we brought up was discussed: making sure that NATO’s military structures would not advance and that additional armed forces from the alliance would not be deployed on the territory of the then-GDR after German reunification. Baker’s statement, mentioned in your question, was made in that context. Kohl and [German Vice Chancellor Hans-Dietrich] Genscher talked about it.

Now, I don't know what has been said and what has not been said, as there are no formal agreement between NATO and Soviet Union, I just don't know, but Gorbachev was there, and I inclined to take his word for it.

And just so you know Russia Beyond the Headline is not a Pro-West Russian Publication. RBTH (or known as Russian Beyond now) is owned by the same company that own RT, which is considered the State Publication as much as RT does.

The Overall effect of the war should boost rearmament across the west. Short term this will strengthen US power through NATO. Long-term; european rearmament would cause the west to become more polycentric as european nations should gradually discover their own interest independent from the US. A world with Strong regional Powers with a Strong US and a Strong China with the regional powers serving as mediators between the two would actually be more stable than the current Unipolar to Bipolar transition that is going on at present.

At least in Mikhail Gorbachev mind, NATO never said that.

According to an interview Gorbachev did with Russia Beyond the Headline. Gorbachev said NATO had never mentioned anything about moving East, at least to his recollection.

RBTH: One of the key issues that has arisen in connection with the events in Ukraine is NATO expansion into the East. Do you get the feeling that your Western partners lied to you when they were developing their future plans in Eastern Europe? Why didn’t you insist that the promises made to you – particularly U.S. Secretary of State James Baker’s promise that NATO would not expand into the East – be legally encoded? I will quote Baker: “NATO will not move one inch further east.”

M.G.: The topic of “NATO expansion” was not discussed at all
, and it wasn’t brought up in those years. I say this with full responsibility. Not a singe Eastern European country raised the issue, not even after the Warsaw Pact ceased to exist in 1991. Western leaders didn’t bring it up, either. Another issue we brought up was discussed: making sure that NATO’s military structures would not advance and that additional armed forces from the alliance would not be deployed on the territory of the then-GDR after German reunification. Baker’s statement, mentioned in your question, was made in that context. Kohl and [German Vice Chancellor Hans-Dietrich] Genscher talked about it.

Now, I don't know what has been said and what has not been said, as there are no formal agreement between NATO and Soviet Union, I just don't know, but Gorbachev was there, and I inclined to take his word for it.

And just so you know Russia Beyond the Headline is not a Pro-West Russian Publication. RBTH (or known as Russian Beyond now) is owned by the same company that own RT, which is considered the State Publication as much as RT does.

I saw the film of the US secretary of state at the time (Baker?) , using those words. The Russians have always felt that they have been betrayed. There's endless academics saying the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom